Username Post: How to make???        (Topic#1501881)
ChrisWife
Veteran
ChrisWife

I was talking to my girlfriend the other day and she was asking me how I made and got my circles of bling so perfect.

Circle By ChrisWife

I told her that I didn't make it I bought them, then I got to thinking about it, How could I make this, or at least how could I make a circle of bling. I know that they are adhired together but is there a way that I could make this either adhired together or not, or how to make this in a perfect circle with single rhinestones? I was hoping someone could help. Maybe someone out there has . If so would you mind sharing with me.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to ChrisWife

You could use a template. Just put it over your LO, use a pencil to mark where you want the bling to go, remove the template and place the bling over your penciled-in dots. Hope this helps!

ChrisWife
Veteran
ChrisWife
In response to siameseplease

That is what I thought too, but I would be scared to do it on a photo. I would be worried that I would mess up. I guess I could make a copie of the photo first.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to ChrisWife

I made a layout with a large circle of star confetti.

I drew the circle lightly with pencil, using a compass.

I measured evenly around the circle and put a small dot with pencil. I then erased the circle, keeping the dots, and glued my stars.

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to ChrisWife

The right tweezers make a big difference, too. I use the long ones from Making Memories ; they open when you squeeze the handles, which gives you much more control....
Products Referenced in This Post:

scrappinmac
Expert
scrappinmac
In response to GemGirl

On a side note- my FIL saw me use those tweezers once and just loved them (he does a lot of fly tying, machine shop stuff)! We stopped at a Michael's store while we were visiting them and bought him a pair. He didn't even mind the pretty purple color.

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect
In response to scrappinmac

You know how things go flying sometimes with tweezers? Check out Embellie Gellie instead.

It picks up something as small and light as a seed bead or diecut vellum letter and something as heavy as a mini hershey bar.

Check out my blog or PM me for more info.

Jesseka
Expert
Jesseka
In response to ChrisWife

• ChrisWife Said:
That is what I thought too, but I would be scared to do it on a photo. I would be worried that I would mess up. I guess I could make a copie of the photo first.

I usually only scrap coppies (or orginals if they were taken with a digital camera) for that reason. I would prob mess up if I had that kind of presure on messing up a photo

pearlygadget
Veteran
pearlygadget
In response to Jesseka

you could make a circle on the computer print it out. put it on a lightbox and then lay your photo on it turn on your light box and than do you bling..... than youdon't have to worry about making the pencil marks go away.....

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to pearlygadget

Hot Off The Press makes a template for this purpose called Easy Circles. It can be used on cardstock/paper 12 inches or smaller. You can make lines of various sizes or dots, all of which are spaced evenly out from the center and around in concentric circles. This makes it easy to mark perfect placement for brads, eyelets, stitching, journaling, or whatever. It's very affordable at about $6.

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB
In response to Ms. Fit

I have templates that I lay over the top that is just a fraction larger than I want my circle to be and then keeping the temeplate in place I my bling along the inside of the cirle and there are no lines drawn.

New Kid On the Block
In response to TonyaB

I usually cut out or punch out a circle of the size that I want to use and lay it my LO. I then place my bling around the cut out circle once I'm done I just remove the circle and VOILA!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics