Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Another Stickles Storage Thread        (Topic#1501957)
Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

It all started very innocently. I've always loved anything shiny or bright, so of course, I've always loved glitter glues.

So I had this "drawer" of them.
My Glitter Glue Collection

Then I learned of Stickles. "What's the big deal," I asked. Very big deal I learned. These are best glitter glues ever! I think I've tried enough brands to say that, too. These are the best for fine detail work, they won't spread out like other brands and they even dry faster! What more could anyone want from them?

Well, a good storage system. So I then used plaster in this plastic case since I prefer my Stickles stored upside down.

Stickles container 2

Still, it didn't work for me. I didn't like the case. Didn't hold my overflow. So I was storing my Stickles in 2 places.

So I tried the acrylic frame thing. I had two and some Velcro. Well, my Velcro kept falling off my frames. Maybe I should have cleaned the frames off better, maybe it was due to the Velcro being really old, who knows but I had my Stickles in 3 different places at this point. I didn't like that.

Well, I'd been walking by a pile of leftover scraps that my dh made for weeks now. It finally occurred to me to use them!

Day 110 April 20

I think this is it! Well, at least until I can get a drill press and make precise holes and get better looking scrap lumber.

I hope this helps some other Stickler. I still have my off brands in another area. I really don't use those as much but do for non-sb projects.

Oh, each block is about 3x4 so I could use them right by me without taking up alot of room. Or I could use one of the empty blocks by putting in only the ones I needed for the current layout.

So for scrap lumber and a drill...

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Vivian loves BLING

are you trying to kill me today, Vivian??? Everything you are talking about today is something I either JUST became addicted to or have been considering TRYING to become addicted to,,,,,

sigh,,,,,,,honey, get OUT of my head,,,,it's cold and dark and lonely in there!!!!!!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to CommaHolly

Holly, this should be free stuff here. Scrap lumber and if you don't have a drill or don't have the 3/4" or 1" bits, I'm sure you know someone who does.

I love that the bottles don't roll around or fall over! I'm so easily made happy.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I'm talking about the stickles I am a stickles virgin!!!!!!!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312

Very impressive!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• CommaHolly Said:

Yeah, you need to fix that, Holly! Just like I need to pull mine out and use them, as does Vivian!

Viv, your idea looks good, I'm gonna stick with my lock and load food storage boxes. My overflow is down to 5 bottles, and if I work at it, I can empty those next week when i start scrapping again.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• CommaHolly Said:

I'm shocked! Well, you could make these in the event you buy some?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

Yeah, you need to fix that, Holly! Just like I need to pull mine out and use them, as does Vivian!

Viv, your idea looks good, I'm gonna stick with my lock and load food storage boxes. My overflow is down to 5 bottles, and if I work at it, I can empty those next week when i start scrapping again.

I have no idea what you're implying there!

To be honest the acrylic frames were taking up space and causing alot of visual clutter. I know it's wrong to say that beautiful Stickles could be visual clutter but they were.

I've been putting things away since my Florida trip. So soon, I'll be scrapping again, I promise.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
To be honest the acrylic frames were taking up space and causing alot of visual clutter. I know it's wrong to say that beautiful Stickles could be visual clutter but they were.

That's why I have mine on a shelf behind my door. They're easily accesible yet out of the way and not distracting me.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to moxiegirl23

snort,,,,,I've scrapped TONS in the past week,,,,I had no computer!!!!!!!

I've got SIXTEEN LO's ready to download IF I could get the computer to cooperate!!!!!!!!

Pray for me!!!!! please!!!!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

Holly's a virgin so that must mean i'm a stickles Slu*

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Just G

Glenda, I guess you're not the only one!

tricia07
Guru
tricia07

You know I haven't scrapped in a while till a week ago I got back into it FINALLY and I finished my first layout...it was done, looked good, but it needed something...STICKLES! I swear if you look at the first few layouts I did none of them have stickles...then I bought stickles and now every layout has to have them! I love them!!!! They add so much to a layout!! I was tempted to go back and add stickles to my other layouts but I decided not to!!!

I need more stickles!!!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to tricia07

Clever girl...I like it.

You have a lot of stickles

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I have mine on an acrylic sheet hanging on my wall. I use velcro and haven't had a problem with that yet. I've also got other stuff velcroed up there, as the sheet is pretty big and I have 53 bottles of stickles too. Your idea is really neat and very clever...I just don't have the desk space.

Holly...I've been trying to tell you to just buy stickles!!! My HL had them tonight, but truly, if you do buy them online somewhere, you will not be disappointed. I bought 53 before ever trying any and I LOVE them!! I, too, use them on every LO!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to StarsNSparkles

ahem, yes, now I have more than one enabler,,,Vivian has spent all dang day enabling me Of course,,,,who's complaining???

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Yeah, well that is what you get when you "mention" that you haven't yet bought something in the scrappy world...that is what you get when you join sb.com ....we just love you and want what is best for you...WHICH IS STICKLES!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Stephanie_W Said:
I have mine on an acrylic sheet hanging on my wall. I use velcro and haven't had a problem with that yet. I've also got other stuff velcroed up there, as the sheet is pretty big and I have 53 bottles of stickles too. Your idea is really neat and very clever...I just don't have the desk space.

Holly...I've been trying to tell you to just buy stickles!!! My HL had them tonight, but truly, if you do buy them online somewhere, you will not be disappointed. I bought 53 before ever trying any and I LOVE them!! I, too, use them on every LO!!!

Thanks for pushing, uh, I mean encouraging Holly.

As to the previous system, I also didn't like that I'd have to Velcro new bottles. I've got alot of desk space but these aren't on it. They're in a pull out shelf behind where I sit. That's why I had to drill a 1" hole first. To make the bottles clear the above shelf.

Hopefully, tonight, I'll be scrapbooking with Stickles!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Just G

• GTGW Said:
Holly's a virgin so that must mean i'm a stickles Slu*

noooooooooooooooooo don't say such a thing about yourself,,,,,,

um,,,,,you're a stickles working girl The oldest profession in scrapping

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• Stephanie_W Said:
Yeah, well that is what you get when you "mention" that you haven't yet bought something in the scrappy world...that is what you get when you join sb.com ....we just love you and want what is best for you...WHICH IS STICKLES!!!

BALOGNA,,,,,you're just getting me back for the ATG!!!!!!!!!!!

good girl

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics