Username Post: For those that hand journal - a pen question        (Topic#1502279)
MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 04-23-09 01:55 PM

I've pretty much always hand-journaling because it takes less time for me than booting up pc, etc. I've always just used the brown or black .5 marker/pens from Ek Success or sometimes the millenium .35 ones if I have lots to say. I would like to "branch out" and do some stuff with a colored pen. Does anyone have any recommendations for colored pens/markers? I've tried the AC and they dried up on me so now I'm hesitant to just go out and get something else. Thanks in advance!
Products Referenced in This Post:
Zig Writer - Black (Discontinued)

Edited by MoniL on 04-23-09 01:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to MoniL

I use the Sharpie fine point permanent markers, available at Wal-Mart.

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories
In response to SuperAllyFan

If you like the ZIG pins, than I would recommend the ZIG pins in color.
Products Referenced in This Post:

dixiecorngirl
Governor
dixiecorngirl
In response to Mix-on the Memories

I love the ZIG writers....I love, love, love them. I love that they have the fine tip on one end and the broad point on the other. I have had my oldest ZIG pen for a couple years now and although I don't use them daily, I use them and they still work!!!!

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 04-23-09 03:05 PM
In response to dixiecorngirl

Thanks ladies! I had considered sticking with ZIG but had seen lots of people using the AC. I think I'll stick with them, now I just have to find them in more colors.

scrappingmommyof2girls
Idol
scrappingmommyof2girls
In response to MoniL

I buy the Martha Stewart writing pens. I only have black and brown since that's pretty much all I use to write with, but she has tons of other colors. They write really smooth and last a long time...

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 04-24-09 01:22 PM
In response to scrappingmommyof2girls

So I went to M's at lunch and purchased two of the colored ZIG s but did not get red which was what I really am looking for. The reason being that I did not care for the red, it seemed more dark orange than red. There were two other brands (don't recall the names) but neither had a writing tip that was as thin as the .05. I guess I'll go and try to track down a Martha Stewart marker and see what that red looks like.
Maybe I'm just too picky, lol!

ljmorganx2
Expert
ljmorganx2
In response to MoniL

Martha Stewart has a red called Lady Bug. I actually have 2 sets with this color one from Walmart and one from Michaels. Each set comes with different colors but the red is the same. However, the red from Walmart is a much darker red and I tend to use it when I want more of a burnt red color. I had a hard time finding a dark red and I love this one.

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories
In response to ljmorganx2

Martha Steward products and ZIG pins are made by the same company Ek Success .

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper
In response to Mix-on the Memories

I use ZIG s and some jelly pens from Michaels - the jelly pens have some irredescent shades that the ZIG pens don't have.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics