Page 11 of 11 
Username Post: Teach a Friend to Scrapbook CONTEST and DRAWING!        (Topic#1503077)
crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to Croppin4Christ

I think I'm going to check may mail, just in case.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to crafty mom of 5

I wish they would put the winners in here. What if something is wrong with your email address or mailing address??

I won a couple of $10 GC from sb.com and didn't get either one, even though they had PM'd me, because I had changed my screen name. What if that were the case? Wouldn't really be fair for someone to miss out because of something like that.

Why is it only for the winners to know about for now? Why couldn't they post it here?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StarsNSparkles

It would come by email with an affidavit attached.

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 07-02-09 01:17 PM

And the WINNERS are:

Diva Scraps
Gr82BAnAUTiger
charlottemd
ScrappE

Congratulations Ladies - your prizes are on the way!! Thank you for being an ambassador for scrapbooking

Noli1980
Diva
Noli1980
In response to Kels

Thank you sooo much!!
Thank you Kelsey!!!

Sorry guys, I couldn't say anything until they told you. when I found out I had already signed off. Thanks for all of the great stories everyone shared. I loved reading them.

lydbug
lydbug 
Idol
lydbug
In response to Noli1980

congratz ladies !!

Sweet Destiny
Guru
Sweet Destiny
In response to lydbug

Woo hooo, Congrats to all of you!!.. I'm sure I was on the friend list of one of you, wasn't I? Just kidding. Congrats!

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to Sweet Destiny

Thanks Congrats to the other 3 winners! I also wanted to spill the beans sooo badly, I felt really bad for everyone who was stuck in limbo wondering!!

Good luck next time!!!

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to Diva Scraps

Congrats!!!

MeMaws Treasures
Idol
MeMaws Treasures
In response to BlingPrincessMarci

Congrats to all 4 of you - wonderful stories from everyone. Great inspiration to always share what we love to do!

ScrappE
Diva
ScrappE
In response to MeMaws Treasures

Congrats to the other winners, and thanks to everyone for saying congratulations and for sharing your stories and the hobby with your friends.

I told my sister-in-law that I had won the contest, and she was happy for me. Then, I told her, "That means you won something too." She was so excited. She said she has never won anything before and can't wait to see the goodies now.

Thank you again Kelsey, and sb.com. This was a very neat contest/conversation. :)

jcreichert71
Veteran
jcreichert71
In response to ScrappE

Congratulations to the winners and happy shopping!

Gr82BAnAUTiger
Pro
Gr82BAnAUTiger
In response to jcreichert71

Thanks so much! Congrats to you other 3 as well! I was having such a hard time holding my tongue. It was killing me! I feel like a weight has been lifted now that I can tell! I wanna shout it from the rooftops...I'm so excited!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Gr82BAnAUTiger

CONGRATULATIONS to the winners!!!

You guys certainly deserve it!!! I hope you enjoy your gifts!!!

scrapbookmonster
Pro
scrapbookmonster

I taught myself how to scrapbook. Four years ago, I didn't know anything about scrapbooking. I stumbled on the hobby by accident. It was 2005 and my parents were celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary. I wanted to do something special for them but they said no party. They don't like being the centre of attention and they didn't want a house of 20 plus guests, so in January of that year I decided to create a scrapbook and get friends and relatives to contribute stuff. I sent out letters with self addressed stamped envelopes and asked them to send and up to date photo of themselves and sign it as if they were a celebrity congratulating my parents. If they wanted to, they could send cards, poems, letters, photos, etc. It turns out that everybody replied and I made an awesome scrapbook. A day before their anniversary some friends wanted to get together to see the scrapbook. So just a few of us went out to dinner and then everyone came back for coffee, tea, and cake. My scrapbook was not as fancy as the pages I create today, but it was a priceless gift to my parents. They were excited an surprised when they turned each page to find out who contributed. I'm also glad I made it because several friends and relatives have passed away. The stuff that they have contributed have become priceless. Next year will be my parents' 40th anniversary.

Shortly after the anniversary I did teach my Mom to do scrapbooking. We worked on a couple of projects together that year, but the hobby sort of faded with her. Most people I know don't have the patience to do this hobby.

I know that the contest is over, but I just wanted to share my experience.

-Stephen

Edited by scrapbookmonster on 08-14-09 10:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justgivemetime
Tenant
justgivemetime
In response to niknaxx

Today I had the privilage to have a friend over to teach many ways to scrapbook. I know she was overwhelmed with as much as I have for her to work with but I got to send her home with some goodies to finish a two page layout.

She came to my house with her little tote of supplies and was happy to see my supply room of scrapbook stuff. She wanted a layout for her kids principal that is retiring. I first let her pick out some paper then matched it with cardstock. The paper had three matching pages to it and she wanted quite a few pictures to crop and put on it that I decided to help her make a two page layout.
She was unfortunatly overwhelmed because she wants her page(s) perfect. I let her know they don't have to be perfect, just tell her story of appreciation that she wanted to capture on paper. Sinse her pics were still undeveloped we worked on the letters and placing what paper pieces where. I let her pick out ribbon and embelleshments. She was tickled pink as her pages came together!
She had to leave with it unfinished but what we did get done I am sure she will beg for more. She already wants a Cricut and is talking of a scrap night for all the ladies at church. I was complemented by her wanting me to teach the class. I just hope I was an inspiration.

Page 11 of 11 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics