Username Post: How to ink small areas        (Topic#1503553)
New Kid On the Block

Hi there
I have a question on inking the sides I have cats eye inks I simply cant get all the smaller parts, however I see many many wordbooks and they are inked perfectly, so I was wondering if there is a tool for this or a trick to getting it done.
I would appreciate any suggestions
Thanks
Beth

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 05-04-09 12:08 PM
In response to marbet04

For inking small nooks and crannies of things, I just take a regular old makeup sponge (the triangular wedges) and dab it into the ink pad. The makeup wedge is very pliable and easily gets into those small areas. There are also ink applicators that you can purchase, such as the one listed below.

Hope that helps!

keilla
keilla 
Veteran
keilla
In response to Ami G

Try also eye shadow applicators. If you can find small ones - they should work perfectly.

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 05-04-09 12:14 PM
In response to keilla

I use Q-tips and:
Products Referenced in This Post:

Kiber
Kiber 
Pro
Kiber
  • Kiber on 05-05-09 07:14 PM
In response to marbet04

I actually just use my cat eyes...they are small with a "squooshy" top so they get down in the grooves of small things. I lay down a piece of scrap paper and my piece to ink and then just squoosh the ink pad down really good and kind of wobble it over the piece. I never have any trouble getting the inside edges like this.

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to marbet04

I don't believe they carry them in the superstore, but Tsukineko makes brush tip pens made out of cotton, they're called, "fantastix." I use these to pick up different inks and stuff from the ink pad and get into the tiniest of places. I get mine at Mikes or Jo's.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics