Username Post: any luck with invisibles?        (Topic#1503579)
thirdgrade
Diva
thirdgrade

ok, so i bought the Heidi Swapp invisibles the other day at lss. i used one heart with some ctmh ink and it worked but i had to use my heat gun to dry the ink. then i tried another shape but used a different ink (i only have pigment inks) and it would not dry!!!! i tried everything! any suggestions? anyone played with these before and had more luck than me?

...oh baby
By Thirdgrade

kdkaboom55
Idol
kdkaboom55
In response to thirdgrade

I bought some but haven't tried it out yet. Your lo looks beautiful, I can't tell there were any problems! Did you try using a warm iron to dry the second layer? Make sure to turn off the steam setting.

Edited by kdkaboom55 on 05-04-09 06:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 05-04-09 09:01 PM
In response to kdkaboom55

I didn't have any problems when I used mine. I used Tsukinedo and Distress Inks. I guess they did take some time to dry, but I used a tissue to rub the ink in so I could combine colors. If you want to see the lo, it's in my gallery titled,"Happiness is a Spring Day."
I think your lo came out great!

iammaryburke
Expert
iammaryburke
In response to Rae_M

I sometimes like to use my Adirondack paint dabbers on them.

GreenDragonLady
Expert
GreenDragonLady
In response to iammaryburke

Use alcohol inks. Pigment inks are more like paint and sit on top, so if they are on a non-porous surface sometimes they will never dry.

thirdgrade
Diva
thirdgrade
In response to GreenDragonLady

oohhh - i forgot about my alcohol inks....

the LO i posted is the one that turned out, the one that did not turn out sis not make it on a LO

thanks for the tips girls!

Edited by thirdgrade on 05-05-09 03:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

thirdgrade
Diva
thirdgrade

btt

any other suggestions?

jagmom 
New Kid On the Block

I just got a piece of the Invisibles. I used my Distress Inks and applied them with a makeup sponge. I didn't have to wait for them to drive at all. I also tried alcohol inks but that didn't seem to work as well. The color stayed on top of the part that was supposed to "resist" the color.

thirdgrade
Diva
thirdgrade
In response to jagmom

i will have to get some distress inks, i have a gc to lss...

i did have to wipe the ink off the parts that are white on the heart in the lo above after the other ink was dry...

thirdgrade
Diva
thirdgrade

any one tried stazon on these?

sew_crafty_girl
Expert
sew_crafty_girl

Are the invisibles acetate shapes? I just bought an acetate album that I plan on stamping with staz on. It's worked for me before.

thirdgrade
Diva
thirdgrade
In response to sew_crafty_girl

no they are white chipboard with a pattern on them that is not supposed to pick up ink or paint

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22

• thirdgrade Said:
any one tried stazon on these?

I have yet to find anything that Staz-On doesn't work on!!! I even thumbprinted my guitar and it worked AMAZING!

Pigment inks can be very fickle, I've found. Some colors will dry, I've found, while others don't on certain mediums. I've put greens and browns on acetate and glossy chipboard (like the glimmer mist chips) and it dries fine, if I use a heat gun or let it set overnight. But try a red pigment ink!?!?! NO WAY!!! I've tried it, and I thought I was being a total blonde about it. I was using Cats Eye inks though which may be different than the CTMH. I was much better off using acrylic paints to paint my shapes.

I would suggest if you really like inking, as I do, getting a couple dye-based inks, and even the Tim Holtz distress inks, as someone else mentioned. They ( Tim Holtz distress inks) ROCK!!! I use them more than any of my inks now (plus my Staz-On). I added my favorite distress ink colors to the post!

thirdgrade
Diva
thirdgrade
In response to ScrapperSara22

thanks sara!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics