Username Post: Help! Looking for..        (Topic#1503585)
Lydia S
Governor
Lydia S

Hello all! My dh has a new hobby, which is fishing. He had asked me to make him a mini album of him and all the fishing he does with our kids. Im looking for some papers and embellies also, but STUMP when I come to look for something that is nature like and can also be used for other los, cards, and etc. Any help point in any direction will be great!

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 05-04-09 07:10 PM
In response to Lydia S

This may be too "cutesy" for what you're looking for, but the little fishies are SOOO cute!

Resident
In response to Lydia S

I'll pm you with a site I use from time to time for sports theme paper and embellies.

Lydia S
Governor
Lydia S
In response to oilbrat

Thanks ladies!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Lydia S

Earth tones (browns, greens, beige, etc) are usually what first comes to mind.

You could pick those colors and choose to work from there.

You could include wood, branch & leaf type florals.

You could play off the fishing lines & lures and add either wire, floss or twine for the lines.

The boat. The fishing box. A copy of their license.

Or just include solely pics and focus mainly on titles & journaling...the rest can always be added later!

However, if you want you could also always go with brighter colors and incorporate more cutesy, kiddie type embellies & such (cute bugs, sky, clouds, the lake, green trees, grass, etc.)

HTH!

Products Referenced in This Post:

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to KellyCali

I tend to use the Karen Foster Line for most of the fishing LOs and cards. I really like the look of all of the pps. She also has some really cute embellies too! Along with fishing she has outdoors, camping, and hunting lines. HTH!

Pixiegirl721
Idol
Pixiegirl721
In response to Lydia S

I went to my local scrapbook store and found lots of fishing pattern paper. however keeping earthy tones has worked for me. Various greens and browns. i have also been able to find stickers that are fishing related but will need to look through supplies to get company names. I also use real fishing lures on my layouts. The jig heads and rubber worms work great. If he fly fishes maybe add a few fly hooks to the layout.

Lydia S
Governor
Lydia S
In response to Pixiegirl721

Thanks for all the help. I talked to him about what look he wanted me to go for. You know, more cutesy or more manly. He said he could careless. So Im thinking of doing a 2. One for him and our kiddos and one of just him. So I can have both cutesy and manly minis. THANKS AGAIN!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics