Username Post: 5 Tips to Get Started Scrapbooking from Stacy Julian        (Topic#1503669)
Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 05-05-09 12:54 PM

Five Tips to Get Started Scrapbooking
From Stacy Julian, Co-Founder of BigPictureScrapbooking.com

1. Make up your own definition of a “scrapbook.”
A scrapbook doesn’t have to be ‘a work of art’ or take a lot of time to create to become something special for yourself or someone you love. Any time you pair a photo you love with words that bring that moment to life, you are scrapbooking. This means anyone can scrapbook and even better, we can all use scrapbooking to become more aware of life’s best moments. It can be a very fulfilling exercise that will remind you of life’s special moments and the people in it.

2. Forget the idea that you are going to do something with ALL the photos you take.
This is not a healthy or realistic expectation. No one, least of all your children, expect this from you. The thing that makes a scrapbook so special for a child is the intimacy they feel from it. You can’t feel intimacy for 10,000 photos, so pick a few and make them special.

3. Start small
Sometimes we assume bigger is better. This is not true. Pick up a great “little” photo album or scrapbook that won’t require hours of creativity or a degree in design and use paper and paste to bring color and perspective to a fun birthday party or vacation. Even if you printed 5 to 10 of your most favorite photos each year and recorded who, where and what, you’d have an amazing and memorable collection of life moments to look back on.

4. Focus on personality and relationships
After all is said and done and the trip to Disney is unpacked, it’s the people we love that matter most. Remember to take and print everyday pictures of people you love laughing, working, reading, playing and interacting with others. These are the images you’ll treasure.

5. Take a class
Any project worth tackling requires some basic skills. Visit Big Picture Scrapbooking and connect with other moms around the globe that love to take pictures and preserve memories. With online access to a wide range of imaginative on-demand projects and progressive multi-week workshops, you are given fresh ideas and simple step-by-step instruction that will unlock your creativity and fuel scrapbook stories. You’ll not only learn how to scrapbook, you’ll learn how to make scrapbooking a reasonable and sustainable part of your life.

Click here for a $5 off coupon at BPS!

STACIJANSMA
Tenant
STACIJANSMA
In response to Kels

After reading through these 5 steps to scrapbooking and how to get started it reminded me of a site that I was looking at.

I recently ran across a site that teaches all about scrapbooking for others. www.ScrapVenturePro.com is a system that delivers lessons and resources that can help guide you through starting your own custom scrapbook business scrapbooking for others.

If you have dreams or a desire to build your own business by scrapbooking for others - visit www.ScrapVenturePro.com and see your endless possibilities. The options are available and it is up to you on what level you want to achieve this.

Good luck on your Scrapbooking adventure.

OMGITSEMILY074
Guru
OMGITSEMILY074
In response to STACIJANSMA

thanks for the awesome tips

New Kid On the Block
In response to golacoste@hotmail.com

That's a good tips...
Thanks for sharing those things...
Actually that is very helpful for me coz i feel i'm still newbie in scrapbooking...

Tenant
In response to Jen0608

Isn't there some simple tips....

New Kid On the Block
In response to allisa1

Yeah thanks a lot for sharing some of its tips for newbies making of scrapbooks like me

ginja81
New Kid On the Block
ginja81
In response to Kels

I wouldn't say I'm still a newbie at this but these tips really helped. I have completed three to date and am working on my fourth. These were all freebies, only one for myself.

yellowstar
Resident
yellowstar
In response to ginja81

I agree with making your own definition, I mean you see layouts with a million flowers and distressed inks and stickles and can be intimidated but everyone has their own style.

New Kid On the Block
In response to yellowstar

I lay me down to sleep, I pray the lord my soul to keep but if I should die before I wake, please Lord, let them scrap my funeral great!

bonprof
Guru
bonprof
In response to yellowstar

Some layouts with a million flowers are not as pretty as a more simple layout. Showcase the photo and tell the story. Don't forget to journal!!

aubrieannie
Veteran
aubrieannie
In response to bonprof

I've been scrapping 13 years and I STILL want to scrap too many photos. I suppose part of that is the volume of pictures I take of my son. Since my other hobby is photography, sometimes I just can't help myself. hahaha. But really, I just want to keep every little facial expression.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics