Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: Studying Scrappers!        (Topic#1503785)
ScrappingKitty
Veteran
ScrappingKitty

This is a thread for all of us who are students and scrappers. Feel free to share your latest gripe about studying, what scrap project you'd rather be working on, day dreams, your reward systems, etc.

Lets start off by saying our name, course of study, how many more exams until you are done with your term and when will you graduate?

My name is Pam. I am in my last semester of law school and I've got three exams left (two on saturday and one next wed.) I can't believe that graduation is in less than three weeks! Craziness!! When I'm prepping for exams, I generally study six hours a day (10-4ish). After I've studied my six hours, I just relax for the rest of the day and let all the knowledge seep in. And that relaxing includes scrapping! My current project is a Mother's Day album for my momma!

What about the rest of you students out there?

Lets support each other and make it through finals!!!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to ScrappingKitty

Hey there! I am also a student scrapper, well more of a student,working, momma, wife scrapper!! I am in the first year of my pre-nursing studies. I just finished finals and my spring semester two weeks ago!! So maybe I will have some time to scrap something for my mom and sister for mother's day. I have about 2 more years left of school. And I will specialize in either OBGYN or Trama.

I like the idea of this thread!

LovinScrapbookin
Veteran
LovinScrapbookin
In response to mOm23girls

Hey guys. I am a 1st year nursing student & I have my final this Friday & I have to take the HESI Exam on Monday. I have been taking tones of NCLEX questions (this is the state board we have to take to get our license) & I am so ready to be done with school. I have been trying to finish a mini album for my neice who is now 9 mths. old. I hope after next Monday I can put on the finishing touches & start looking at doing some LO. this is a great post!

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to LovinScrapbookin

I'm Angie and I'm in my last semester of school. I have one more exam to take and then I will graduate on May 18!! WOO HOO! I will have my associates degree in Medical Office Administration. I have been going to school for 2.5 years and I'm SO GLAD to be done!! I'll take my last exam tomorrow, have graduation practice on the 12th and then actual graduation on the 18th! I'm hoping to receive some $$$ as graduation gifts so I can go scrappy shopping!!!

I have some swaps I'm trying to finish and then I'm going to make some cards for mothers day and teacher appreciation week!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to JayAndXansMom

Congrats on finishing school!!!

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to mOm23girls

Thanks!!

niknaxx
Resident
niknaxx

Thanks Pam for starting this thread. I do need something to hold me accountable for my studying. I have decided that if I make it 50 pages a day, I will be done with my book in 12 days LOL. Then I can progress on actually "studying" and "remembering" important things that I MUST know rather than knowledge that should be stuck in my head.

Sooo. I have one more exam to take.. the Federal Exam for my Nursing Home Administrator's License. I just passed the State (CA) exam in February and not gotta finish up the Federal, then I will have my license. It's been a long time in coming.

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to niknaxx

I'm a full time student, have a full time job, and a full time single mama.

I have finals due in a week and a half. I'll graduate with my AA in Business next spring. After that, I'll work towards my BA in Supply Chain Management.

I also work full time at a food distribution warehouse as an assistant to the warehouse manager.

Scrapping is the only thing that keeps me centered. It's my therapy, stress reduction, and time away from the world of chaos.

Valerie H
Expert
Valerie H
In response to JustJenScraps

Hi everyone! I'm just finishing up my third year, with one more year until I'm an elementary teacher! I have four finals next week (yikes!) and then it's on to thinking about student teaching next year (double yikes!)

3kids2enjoy
Resident
3kids2enjoy

Well I am not completely official yet. Will know in the next day or two (waiting for the Financial Aid Advisor to call me as my FAFSA report with SAR number is in).

I am April. I am planning to do my Bachelor Degree in Science of Photography through The Art Institute of Pittsburg-Online Division 1st year. I am a scrapper, mom, wife, work in a scrapbook store , and girl scout leader and co-leader.

Being a newbie student (hopefully), this will be able to help me be organized enough to scrapbook on my down time (should not be hard though). My goal since I will be taking photos for my courses later on I hope to be able to get layout ideas or even other inspiration through the photos. I will be carrying a journal and plan to write my thoughts onto paper even scrapbooking related.

ScrappingKitty
Veteran
ScrappingKitty
In response to 3kids2enjoy

So great to meet all of the fellow students!! What I've been thinking about is how much scrapping am I going to get to do while I'm studying for the bar exam. There are two months between graduation and the bar exam. And I know that I wont have the time or the energy to scrap on a regular basis. And like Jen said, scrapping keeps me centered in the crazy world. I know I'll get at least an hour a week to scrap, but that is soooo little compared to what I'm used to (a few hours every other day). I think I'll have withdrawals. Maybe I'll start a scrapping 12 step program!

ScrappE
Diva
ScrappE

First of all, great thread, and congrats to all of you who are either graduating or are finishing their semesters/terms right now. And good luck to everyone else who has important things like exams coming up!

My name's Elon (not Ellen, which is how 99 percent of people pronounce it). I have been going to college since fall 2002, and have been in the master's program for professional and school counseling for a year and a half. It goes year round, so I don't get a semester break. I also work full-time at a weekly newspaper, but thankfully don't have a husband or children right now!

I find time to scrap by going to crops. When I know I have a Saturday or Sunday open coming up, I will check for crops and will attend those. It doesn't happen real often, but when it does, it's great!

niknaxx
Resident
niknaxx
In response to ScrappE

Ok so... my daily check in... Haven't cracked the book yet today Trying to motivate myself to get a little something done today.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to niknaxx

Taking my last exam tonight!! WOO HOO!!

niknaxx
Resident
niknaxx

Good luck!!!!

SwirlyGirl
Veteran
SwirlyGirl
In response to niknaxx

Hello ladies, I just stumbled across this. I'm a full time student, work 40 hours a week, and drive 18 hours a week. Thankfully no kids yet! Just my boyfriend and our fur babies. I just finished my semester last week. *phew* I'm taking the summer semester off. I need a break! Fall starts again in August. I've already gotten a mini book for my brother done and a cute thinking of you file folder card for my cousin done. In the process of coming up with my next project. When I'm in school I end up scrappin' when my brain gets full and I just need a break! If I couldn't scrap I'd be insane by now.

Oh, I'm in school working on my classes to be a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. I already have my masters.

LovinScrapbookin
Veteran
LovinScrapbookin
In response to SwirlyGirl

Checking in for today. I studied most of the day today & I am taking a break for now. I hope to try to get a little more in after the kids go to bed. My final is tomorrow, but knowing that I will be studying all weekend for my other test, I'm not real motivated to study anymore today!!!!
Good luck for anyone else that has a test coming up.

niknaxx
Resident
niknaxx
In response to LovinScrapbookin

Good luck on your exam tomorrow!

I plan to actually read tomorrow. I didn't do much today, no reading, studying or scrapping. Sooo.... tomorrow is the day!

ScrappE
Diva
ScrappE
In response to niknaxx

LovinScrapbookin, good luck on your exam.

Angie, I hope you did well on yours!

I had my first class of my newest course last night (we meet just Thursday evenings), and we were informed of a heavy project due next week. I have to go to a "voluntary" thing for work Saturday... and then Mother's Day is Sunday... I don't know how I am going to fit it all in, and I'm definitely not scrapping this weekend. :(

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to ScrappE

Hey all! I am a student too. I am working towards my masters in elementary education. I started school last June and it has been a nightmare. I take classes, student teach, and work a part time job. Luckily wednesday was my last day of classes for the semester. I go back on June 9th. I am doing my student teaching right now, and that ends on June 9th. There are no breaks in the program so I haven't gotten much done in the way of scrapbooking. I have gotten things organized and the way I like, but haven't had time to drag everything out and play. I did take the time on NSBD to play along with the challenges and scrap it was so much fun!! I am hoping that this month I will be able to get some projects done. I have so many things to work on! It is so great to meet other people that are in the same situation!

Good luck with all of your exams!!!

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics