Page 3 of 4 
Username Post: What do you want NEXT??        (Topic#1503939)
JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to CommaHolly

Aaaww yeah - the big shot or big kick is the best bet and they are solid, that chart shows too that those have the highest compatibility rate and they do weigh a good amount so not a lot of movement - if any plus.... you can cut such thick things with the Originals and the Bigz- felts, fabric, I cut like 3 sheets of felt at a time with my Bigz... imagine never having to buy another felt or fabric flower again, and don't get me started on felt and fabric alpha.....so worth the plunge if you are into it! While I do own a couple electronic cutters, most of my items have at least a portion of Sizzix in them!

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to JaymieLiz

Oh, Comma Holly I think read in another post you did like kid friendly items - my 6 yr old nephew uses my big shot and big kick no prob yes always with supervision - he just loves it - and the machine can take it - they create so many dies for projects they can actually bring to school etc - you and kids would love it!

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to JaymieLiz

i still want a bind it all

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to SuperAllyFan

Kimmi, we have given everyone on this tread permission to buy a BIA today I am just waiting for permission to buy a big kick/big kick (what the devil is the difference???????)

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 05-08-09 03:33 AM

Love this post!!

Holly - think seriously about a BigKick/Big Shot. I swear girl - you absolutely NEED it - no doubt in my mind!! I use mine all the time to emboss and to cut out die cuts.

Now to you ladies talking about the electric die cuts - yup - those are NEEDs and I give people permission to buy them right now - you NEED them and will "help" the economy - right...

Those of you coveting the BIA - I don't use mine as much but ya - its a great tool. I have the blue one that I waited forever to justify and got it right before the pink one came out and I wish I had the pink one cuz only think chipboard fits the blue.

I also love my crop a dile.

But my big ticket item if I were to get one would be a bunch of STAMPS. I have a ton and I covet a ton more. Or I would buy all the ink refills for my SU! inkpads.

Or I might get some storge stuff..but thats boring...

Andrea

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ekip2

that's my problem with the BIA, Andrea,,,,

I just can't justify the purchase,,,,sigh for what? a few books a year?????

I'd like something to emboss with first I am seriously considering the bigshot/bigkick,,,,

what's the diff?

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

I just pre-ordered the new QuicKutz Epic Six! Will cut all dies like the cb and bs and it's a REALLY great price.

Now I find myself wanting the Silhouette SD really bad. I'll probably wait until July or Aug. The new QK digital downloads are SO cute--that's why I want this machine now. I already have the Cricut with SCAL so it's really just a matter of wanting this machine, no need for it. BUT--twist my arm--I'll do my civic duty and support the economy by dropping a couple hundred on this little baby.

heehee. This whole "support the economy" thing is really working to my advantage with dh. He's just been so doggone understanding lately

Edited by chattycat on 05-08-09 04:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 05-08-09 04:37 AM
In response to chattycat

Holly - the BigKick and the BigShot are the same machine believe it or not. Both are made by Sizzix. I got mine at M's with a coupon ages ago just to emboss as I already had the smaller sizzix - I love it - come to think of it I should sell the old red machine shouldn't I??

I find the sizzix sturdy on the table when I use it as someone mentioned above (whichh is why I chose to get that machine) but If you go to crops alot the Cuttlebug is lighter to carry.

Just think - once you get that you'll NEED dies!!~

Andrea

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ekip2

hmmmmmmm don't know if I need it for die cutting,,,,,I've got a cricut Create for that,,,,,although there might be some extra cute ones I pick up,,,,mostly I want it for embossing

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 05-08-09 04:59 AM

Holly - I have a baby bug Cricut too! I use the sizzix to cut chipboard/felt etc. Sometimes I think the Cricut takes time to make sure I cut the right size and then change the size a abit whereas if I'm in a hurry the Sizzix is just one size...course I have my dies from back when that is the only die cutting available besides the QK squeeze - which I have and should also sell!

Andrea

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ekip2

I could imagine using it for something like that I can imagine using it for quick shapes like stars and circles and things,,,,,,

there's some stuff I want to change the size of though,,,,,,,so of course, Andrea,,,,,we NEED both!!!!!!!!!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

I got the MM trimmer last night as an early Mother's Day present. I guess the next thing would be cricut cartridges. I am always wanting those.

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to cpowife

I so want a heat embosser! With a ton of colors of embossing powder!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to Jordannichole

I really don't think I have any "big" purchases on my Want LIst right now. There's a whole bunch of new paper lines and goodies on my list, but that's about it.

I'm waiting on and really wanting the Cricut cart with the silhoutte images on it and I also want the MM carousel. Just saw this back in stock at M's yesterday. Maybe a Motehr's Day gift;)

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf

• CommaHolly Said:
that was AWESOME Gina!!!!!!!!!!! Now go buy something else!!! You deserve it!!!

the atg was more then "I want" for me... i is a way of spending less money on glue of course....

i just got a heat gun..... and powders... so i can't wait to play with them!!!

Wiser1
Wiser1 
Idol
Wiser1
In response to JayAndXansMom

I have been thinking about a Cuttlebug too! I am just trying to wait. Hmmmm, what am I waiting on??

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Wiser1

The only thing i can come up with ( i just ordered the cricut deal with the 2 cartridges with the free jukebox on tuesday.. where is that UPS man anyways..) is maybe upgrading to the ATG714- (oh my too funny- the UPS guy just dropped off my package!!)back to the gun- i always feel like it is going to be too big for my "area" not for my hand or too heavy - just having that big ole tape gun in my way.. but ... would like to save $$$ on my adheasive bill!! So, im going with the ATG714 as my next wanted item!!( i have a $50 gift card that i could put towards it) and Holly- you crack me up!!! i always love reading your posts!!

luv2scrap:)
Guru
In response to ChansGram

My want list is pretty large right now...

The next thing that I am for sure going to buy is the ATG--I am ordering it 1st thing Mon. morning(my dh doesn't want me to buy anything with my bday $ until after they give me my Mother's Day gifts on Sun. (so I don't buy anything that they picked out for me). I'm 95% sure that there will be no ATG, but I agreed so I will wait a few more days.

A few of the other things I want right now that I am considering are Prisma colored pencils, stamps for card making (I just started making cards and would like some birthday, and special occasion stamps to use on them), Technique Tuesday big timber meadow stamps, more border punches (so addicting), and the Cuttlebug (for embossing).

I'm not sure what else I will get with my birthday money yet--I am leaning towards the Prisma pencils. I might wait until xmas to get the Cuttlebug--it would be an easy idea for DH, or my mom to pick up (alot of scrappy items I like to pick out myself).

Guru
In response to luv2scrap:)

Did anyone see the new electric Big Shot on QVC--it looks so fun! You just press a button and it sends your die, or embossing folder through for you without any cranking. It is the cute pink & black colors too! If I were rich I would probably have every die cut machine there is to own just for fun--I also think the MM slice looks fun!

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to luv2scrap:)

Oh yes, I saw that bad boy - ugh!!!! I so don't need another sizzix machine, and I think my head would be put on a spike if I did.....but - can you imagine how smooth!!! TO just plug it in the corner - and oohh la la!! I will always love Sizzix!! My 1st true love, and it still stands - the frames make me crazy!!!! I even used mine help make Halloween costumes - it cut's the fabric so I just used my dies - the kids were M&M's - and I have the Bigz Alpha - so great to run the felt through and bam - an M - just run through, iron on and bam!!! I have made countless appliques with that bad boy!! My Aunt comes and makes cuts for her quilting - she adores the nested hearts and stars for her quilts.

Page 3 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics