Page 4 of 4 
Username Post: What do you want NEXT??        (Topic#1503939)
luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to JaymieLiz

I don't need it either, but you should have seen the drooling I was doing while I watched the demo for it! It just looked so fun to push the button and send your folder through. I have been wanting something to use for embossing, but the Cuttlebug is way too much cheaper, and takes up less space for storage.

Mrs. Woods
Veteran
Mrs. Woods
In response to luv2scrap:)

I think I want a Dreamkutz machine because I LOVE my Bind-It-All!! I also want Storybook and Lyrical Letters for the Cricut. The wanting really does never end!

PS For those of you wanting a BIA I have a blue one for sale pretty cheap!! PM me if interested.

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to JaymieLiz

• JaymieLiz Said:
Oh no, it is not ignorance, I only recently discovered them - on accident... on here... went to local store bought one of the older ones and the mat to use with it and now I just think they are wonderful dies that are compatible with just about any of the die cut machines, I use mine with the BigShot or BigKick, but they are comp. with a lot of them, they have excellent videos on here about them. I posted a topic and people all responded so great, that's why I ventured out and got a little starter kit, and oh my - what they can do - you get a cut, it embosses - and you can color thru the die - just fabulous!!! This one is really great and informative - WARNING YOU WILL GET HOOKED LIKE I DID!! My friend wanted to slap me when I showed her

http://www.scrapbook.com/myvideos/332483/fav/4 71.html

So am I seeing this correctly? If I have the original big red Sizzix then I can buy these embossing templates and use them with it???!!!! Really??? I bought that thing years ago and it sits unused...I can use it to emboss with these templates?

Edited by Scrapingbliss on 05-08-09 11:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
Kimmi, we have given everyone on this tread permission to buy a BIA today I am just waiting for permission to buy a big kick/big kick (what the devil is the difference???????)

The Sizzix BigKick and BigShot are pretty much the same machine. The BigShot is just cuter . The BigKick is found mostly in chain stores like Joanns and Michaels. What I like most is that it can emboss larger plates that wouldn't fit in the Cuttlebug. I may be wrong, but I believe the Sizzix Texturz embossing plates are a little too wide to fit in the bug. I have a Pazzles Inspiration which I use for die-cutting, so I only use my Sizzix for embossing. So I'm giving you permission to treat yourself to a BigKick or BigShot, whichever you prefer. After all, shouldn't you get something you really need for Mother's Day? Plus your totally selfless action will add some much needed stimulation to the economy. Go for it!
Products Referenced in This Post:

hdsue
hdsue 
Guru
hdsue
  • hdsue on 05-08-09 11:28 AM

i got the electric bigshot and boy does that work wonderful with the embossing files...im glad i got it so i want more dies bigones and embossing plates

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

Just got my ATG...love it!...now I want an embossing system...not sure which one yet...but that is my next quest!

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to traceyjean

• Quote:
CommaHolly Said:Kimmi, we have given everyone on this tread permission to buy a BIA today I am just waiting for permission to buy a big kick/big kick (what the devil is the difference???????)

The Sizzix BigKick and BigShot are pretty much the same machine. The BigShot is just cuter . The BigKick is found mostly in chain stores like Joanns and Michaels. What I like most is that it can emboss larger plates that wouldn't fit in the Cuttlebug. I may be wrong, but I believe the Sizzix Texturz embossing plates are a little too wide to fit in the bug. I have a Pazzles Inspiration which I use for die-cutting, so I only use my Sizzix for embossing. So I'm giving you permission to treat yourself to a BigKick or BigShot, whichever you prefer. After all, shouldn't you get something you really need for Mother's Day? Plus your totally selfless action will add some much needed stimulation to the economy. Go for it!

Very great breakdown about the BigKick & BigShot! They are pretty much the same thing- but oh the BigShot comes in such cute colors! And after checking that lovely chart I was very pleased to see the two machines were the main one that was compatible with all dies!! So there is more good reason that it is a decent investment - and worth treating ones self!
Products Referenced in This Post:

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 05-08-09 11:58 AM

I want an ATG gun next. Unfortunately after a long spree of shopping I promised my dh I wouldn't buy anything scrapbook related for 2 month and I would try not buy anything for 3. I was doing way more shopping and not so much scrapping. Now I need to scrap and not shop to use my stuff.

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to Scrapingbliss

• Quote:
So am I seeing this correctly? If I have the original big red Sizzix then I can buy these embossing templates and use them with it???!!!! Really??? I bought that thing years ago and it sits unused...I can use it to emboss with these templates?

Kim

Oh yes you can! Good ol' Big Red still has her uses

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to JaymieLiz

Oh Im so excited a new technique to try! Can't wait to buy some. That is so cool that I can use it. I had no idea. Thanks for the link.

ScrappingKitty
Veteran
ScrappingKitty
In response to JaymieLiz

I'm definately wanting a Silhouette SD! I should tell my dad that's what I want for a graduation present...

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to ScrappingKitty

Electronic cutters are fantastic, if you get it you will so enjoy it - that one does look pretty outstanding!

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to JaymieLiz

Come to think of it, maybe what I want next is the design studio by Cricut...... I was eyeing the Gazelle when I was looking for a bigger cutter, but a little unsure, so I went with the expression, I had the little bug, but had need for bigger cuts, so I took the leap, I love it -but I have been pining over wanting to weld, cut more things etc. and seeing this design studio, well I don't think I will have to buy a diff electronic cutter- just upgrade to the studio, and the deep cut blade - oh my it really never does end!!

That Gazelle is still very interesting to me - the pen and marker holder concept seems wonderful, no specific one to purchase, you can use what you have - I watched a video on it coloring and hmmmm.....

http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/585.html

Page 4 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics