Page 1 of 84 
Username Post: VCW #114: Happy May 8th!! (you'll have to ask)        (Topic#1503953)
VCW
VCW 
Veteran
VCW
  • VCW on 05-08-09 12:13 AM

What is this thread about?

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular," but we're always open to newcomers. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please leave updates about yourself HERE.

You can also place Prayer Requests Here. This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there are highlights from this thread.

VCW Yahoo! Group

This is a place where we can store info - email addresses, geographical locations, birthdays. (We started this because we wanted to know who we have to go looking for after major events such as the recent hurricanes in the U.S.)

Sign up for the group. You have to be approved for the group. There are a few people around here to keep an eye on the admin of the list, so the approval shouldn't take too long. The approval process isn't because we're elitist or anything - it's just our way of making sure that those who have access to our info there are "known" to us and not just people signing up randomly to farm the information. The purpose of this site is to store emergency contact information for the members of our group. Please be respectful of its intended use and do not abuse the information.

Once you're approved, you can add your info to the database and/or your birthday to the calendar. If you need help with either of these functions, just yell and someone here will give you instructions.

Most of us also really love BLING and encourage bling usage...some to the point of "pimping" but hey, whatever gets the blingy point across!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to VCW

Happy May 8th!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to c-leaper

morning

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to moxiegirl23

mornin' Liz

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Random factoid:

Our respiratory therapists carry cordless phones with them that have the "24" ringtone - the one that all the phones on "24" use. It's actually kind of fun and disconerting at the same time.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Raining, Liz?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to c-leaper

nope. possibility of thunderstorms later, but nothing right now.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

no rain here, but we've got triple digit weather.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:

Shirley! What are you doing still awake/up???

And...triple digits, even this time of night?

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Random factoid:

Our respiratory therapists carry cordless phones with them that have the "24" ringtone - the one that all the phones on "24" use. It's actually kind of fun and disconerting at the same time.

I went to an ER at a local hospital that has the theme music from 'ER' in their paging system? I don't know what they use it for, but I only know that it comes on every 20-30 min and it was quite amusing.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • jellyziva Said:

I slept too much (15 hrs) today.. so I'm kind of awake now.

It's 77 now.. but will reach 102 by afternoon.

I did an LO.. I don't like it too much, but the pics are fun.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to jellyziva

feeling better this morning Shirley?

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

I miss you ladies, Jenni and Liz.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• moxiegirl23 Said:

Not exactly, still coughing like crazy ... but I may go see the doctor later today. I should catch some sleep soon...

DD is definitely NOT feeling well. She's been sleeping all day.. I'm sooo not used to that (this is the kid who cartwheels and tumbles all day long). Her fever came back in the evening..... I'm sleeping with her in our guest room/scraproom tonite. She complained that upstairs was too warm...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Is Elizabeth doing well? I know that her cutie has been keeping her busy....

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Goodnite, ladies I'll probably 'see' you late tonite...

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • jellyziva Said:

I slept too much (15 hrs) today.. so I'm kind of awake now.

It's 77 now.. but will reach 102 by afternoon.

I did an LO.. I don't like it too much, but the pics are fun.

Sounds like you needed the sleep, though.

You can keep your 102, but I love really warm nights. They're kinda romantic.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to jellyziva

sorry I had to run away for a moment. needed to make ganache for the brownies. now they're all done and setting up in the fridge.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
I miss you ladies, Jenni and Liz.

I miss you too, hon. This has been a horrid week in terms of keeping up with people. Grrrrrrr.

I just keep looking forward to my 4 days off next week.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Not exactly, still coughing like crazy ... but I may go see the doctor later today. I should catch some sleep soon...

DD is definitely NOT feeling well. She's been sleeping all day.. I'm sooo not used to that (this is the kid who cartwheels and tumbles all day long). Her fever came back in the evening..... I'm sleeping with her in our guest room/scraproom tonite. She complained that upstairs was too warm...

Fevers do tend to go up at night, especially in little ones.

Page 1 of 84 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics