Username Post: Die Cut Divas        (Topic#1504015)
Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to create4sanity

• create4sanity Said:

Michelle - When you talk to your doctor about HRT, I want you to be sure and tell her that you are concerned about the effects it has on breast cancer. I know that you will probably have to take something but, please, only take it as long as you have too. I am really hung up on HRT since that is what caused my cancer. Just be careful and aware of what is going on.

I'm glad you brought that up to Michelle. I was on HRT for a long time but my docs took me off it almost 3 years ago after the tie in with breast cancer and a scare I had. I use a low dose patch...just enough to keep me from having night sweats. I still have a few hot flashes a day but they are manageable.

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
  • create4sanity Said:

Michelle - When you talk to your doctor about HRT, I want you to be sure and tell her that you are concerned about the effects it has on breast cancer. I know that you will probably have to take something but, please, only take it as long as you have too. I am really hung up on HRT since that is what caused my cancer. Just be careful and aware of what is going on.

I'm glad you brought that up to Michelle. I was on HRT for a long time but my docs took me off it almost 3 years ago after the tie in with breast cancer and a scare I had. I use a low dose patch...just enough to keep me from having night sweats. I still have a few hot flashes a day but they are manageable.

I did question this before my surgery. Estrogen is the bad HRT and progestrone is the good HRT. I will be on progesteron. I wont need estrogen since I don't have my uterus anymore. I know neither one is great, but I am going to be on the better of the two. She said it wont cause cancer, it will just make it come out sooner if I were to get it later in life.

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to m.perk

Good morning! Had a great day yesterday, but a very bad night! I am going to relax today and hope the swelling eases up!

Emily, sorry to hear about your little guy! That's the bad thing about military hospitals. The doctors are either really good or you get a quack. Now your lucky to even get a doctor with all the PA's they have hired. I hope they get his problem sorted out soon! Pollen is through the roof right now, so that could be giving him some problems too!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Kahlan

Good morning. I hope everyone is feeling better.

Barbara - have a good time with Clark.

Emily - sorry about Gavin. Matty has had asthma since she was small, too. It runs in the Murphy family.

Donna - if Kenzie is getting tired and unusually emotional, have them check her thyroid. Hashimoto Disease is common with the onset of puberty, the thyroid quits working and the change is subtle. If Matty hadn't been a skater the change in her stamina might not have been so obvious. It is a simple blood test and the treatment is a pill taken daily. Side effects are nearly non-existent with Synthroid.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to scrap4brains

Donna - it took about two hours to glue the eyes. I'd never used a hot glue gun before so it took a little longer than a second time will. You start by placing the largest eyes evenly around the form, then gradually reduce the sizes. I used 4 different sizes. Place the eyes first then go back around an glue in place.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to scrap4brains

Good morning girls! Feeling so much better today! I am so glad I listened to my body and went to bed early last night!
Work will be busy today, I had my slow bout for the last 2 weeks now it is non stop until the holidays! Fun for me! Not complaining at all just know I gotta get my mind set for the weeks ahead!

I have asthma too, but rarely have problem anymore. It is especially hard when little ones have it. I have to think they should do some more testing of Gavin before they make the decision. However if he will be given asthma treatments for the pneumonia too. Just until his lungs clear up.
Also I don't always get winded by doing exercise but allergy season is really hard on my asthma and it flairs up more. I did not get diagnosed with my asthma as a child, I was an adult. They think I developed it being around all the hair chemicals and becoming sensitive to it. I have seen a pulminologist for years. Actually saw my first one when my hubby was still in the Air Force.

Gotta get the little man(who is getting bigger) to school!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to mghairgirl

Emily; hope Gav is better. I know how hard it is to see them struggle. That's a long time to wait to see a doc. My daughter started with asthma at exactly 13 months old and it's still an awful battle for her.

Painted a long wall in the family room yesterday and today will get everything back in order. The new curtains I ordered have me frustrated. Several of the panels are different lenghts.......eeeeek.

I am almost done with a layout I worked on last night.

Barbara; I hope you can manage some good time with Clark. so sorry about your constant swelling/pain. hugs.

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to m.perk

I am in the running to win the September Scraplift the Person Before You challenge YAY!

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to m.perk

Hi guys. Been busy today. Cleaned the pantry & fridges (no scrubbing, just throwing old stuff away)out today. I had been 'grocery shopping' from home when we would go to the trailer, but then we didnt come home for so long, a lot of what we had expired or some how got weevles! Had to throw a lot away At least now I know everything in my cupboards is edible! I also just got done making some cookies. It was a trial run to see if I could make some Christmas cookies. I can, so I will

Emily - So sorry to hear you are getting the run around with Gavin! I hope they get him figured out soon. Also, what size did you cut your coffin's at for the CC2 challenge?

Barbara - So sorry you are hurting so bad lately. Is the weather changing back there already?

Marlene - That wreath is ADORABLE! I saw a picture frame with googly eyes that I want to make for one of the kids halloween pics. Maybe I can work on that while I am still off of work?!

Di - That stinks about the curtain panels! Are the sizes differences huge? I would be so upset!

I picked Woody up from the vet around 1. She is still really slow and just kind of lethargic. When I go in the room with her, she is very clingy. I want to be able to let her out, but she is trying to jump up on everything already. I don't know how I am going to keep this kitten down for 7 to 10 days!!!

Gonna go make some dinner now, I think. Not sure what I am going to have just yet.

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to m.perk

Oh! The other good cleaning thing I did today...my sister walked out of my house with 2 paper grocery bags FULL of pads and tampons! WOOHOO! I dont have a single feminine hygiene product in my house! D & I will save so much money on not having to buy those anymore

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to m.perk

Home from work...I ended up working a little late tonight and my busy day was just mediocre...I had a cancellation in the middle of my day. Oh well that is just how it goes!

I guess Congrats are in order for you Michelle, getting rid of all your feminine products! I keep saying I can't wait for the day!

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk

It is not something I will miss, Monica

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to m.perk

Good morning! Still having fun with my son. I am taking it easy though, and was ordered to take it easy today too.

Michelle, yay for no more feminine hygiene products!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• mghairgirl Said:
Good morning! Slept in a little late today. It was dark and rainy still and I just didn't want to get out of bed! Also the new bedding was comfy and warm, I also got a pillow top mattress pad and that made it even more comfy and cozy.
Today I am home all day and hopefully will be hemming all the long pants that I need to hem so I can start wearing! I have 8 pair of pants for the fall/winter and all of them are brand new and too long! Then tonight I am going to Zumba! Was hoping to squeeze in some scrap time but that is unlikely with all the alterations I need to do.

We have a pillow top mattress pad and its the most comfy and warm thing you could possibly have, we love ours and it makes a huge difference to wanting to get out of bed hehe..

Well join the club with the trouser take ups, I finished going through my box that was in storage and got a few pair of trousers that now fit and need taking up, problem with being short isn't it.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to sweetpeaemmalou

• sweetpeaemmalou Said:
Evening! Been busy with doctor appt.s for Gav! He had a really bad cold and with the chest congestion had trouble with breathing while laying down. So we took him in and now they say asthma. I don't agree with it! I'm not a doctor but they won't X-ray his chest or look into anything else. It was one night and ge runs around at soccer just fine. They just finally took blood yesterday and said if he had walking pneumonia they would give him antibiotics. Well why didn't they look into that in the beginning? I don't understand. And then if so, he can not get into a pulmonologist for 4 to six weeks. So I hope this all gets figured out soon. I just feel bad for my baby with all the meds they want to cram down his throat.

So sorry about Gavin Emily, poor little fellow, I know what its like when Will gets sick with his bronchialitis and can't breathe, you feel so bad for them, I do hope they get you in sooner than what you say and something can be done to help him.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to create4sanity

I didn't have to go on to Hormone replacement after my hysterectomy, is that normal over there? never heard of it happening here and I've been fine. I agree with Donna in not taking HRT unless it is totally necessary, no personal reason just what I've read and researched.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Enjoy your time with Clarke Barbara, it will go by all too fast.

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to Kahlan

Well believe it or not, I actually just bought a cricut cartridge. I got December 25th designed by Teresa Collins. I do believe I could get some use out of that one.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to slywalker

Good morning. Up early today as it's Dori day. Now that they live so close our procedure has changed. I'll go there at 7.

I finished a layout yesterday and will take picture later today. Oh, it's cold here...38 deg. but suppose to be sunny, again.

Michelle; I hope your layout won that challenge. I'll have to check.

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to Kahlan

Lesley, I haven't taken hormones either. I had a partial and was told I wouldn't need them.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics