Username Post: Die Cut Divas        (Topic#1504015)
Stiina
Stiina 
Veteran
Stiina
In response to scrap4brains

• scrap4brains Said:
My mom took a major turn for the worse this morning and is in the hospital. I think probably for at least a couple days and I doubt that she'll be able to go back home if she is alone. Tough times ahead.

Oh Marlene, I missed this on Wednesday. I've been through this twice and know how difficult it is. My heart goes out to you. Hugs and prayers!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Kahlan

• Kahlan Said:
I had a heck of a scare with Kailey today.I think my blood pressure is through the roof. We were at Walmart and she wanted to sit in the basket and play with her doll. Well next thing I know she stood up and was flipping out of the cart, I tried to catch her but she hit the floor. Off to the hospital we went. She is okay but it scared the heck out of me. She was bouncing up and down by the time we left. We probably didn't need to go to the ER but I wanted her checked out good. And do you know not one person around me said anything. No help was offered, not a word. I didn't think anything of it at the time because my focus was on her. I am just glad she is okay.

I am behind on reading you all... so will now hijack the thread.

Gosh Barbara; what a awful thing and so glad she (and now you) is ok. It's shameful no one offered to help. I'm sorry for you and our world.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Stiina

Praying Donna's surgery went ok yesterday and you can get back to serious healing and life.

Monica; I love jammie days. Glad you got to take one when needed. Thank you for all the love you left in my gallery. Sweet of you.

Marlene; hope your mom is better today. What is happening with her? I've been in your shoes and it takes a lot out of a person/caretaker.

Ria; I have 7 but did notice that all the new laptops are 8. I'm thinking of getting a new one this year but if CCR doesn't run on 8 I might have to use this one in my room and get the new one up and running here in family room for hubby to use. I wish I was a technodiva... don't understand much of it.

I'm having a down day today. Took care of Dori all day Wed. and yesterday had 7 of my girlfriends over for a fun Valentine's Luncheon. Lots of pink around here yesterday.

The Table: (I used a punch set of MS to punch cardstock edges to be used for palce mats). None of my friends craft at all so they think I'm a Craft God... haha

Table By Sunnydi

Stiina
Stiina 
Veteran
Stiina
In response to Sunnydi

Diana, that table looks great! I'm thinking of the time it took you to pull the luncheon together...I never do that.

I spent my day cleaning up and finally getting my computer corner fixed up. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I still have 1 more shelf to put up, but I'm still not ready until I'm sure of the right placement. Here's what I finished today. My embellies are in the jars on the top shelf.
[image] Computer Corner Finished, almost By Stiina[/image]

I'm so glad to finally have that done, now I can reclaim my work space (piled up with stuff through the reorg).

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to Stiina

I had a wonderful lunch with dh!

Di, that table is so pretty! Pink is my favorite color!

Laura, your room is nice and tidy!! Great space!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to BlingQueenRia

As if Microsoft needs the money.

My mom is not doing any better so another day at the hosptial.

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to scrap4brains

So sorry Marlene.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Kahlan

Sending up prayers for your mom, Marlene! *hugs*

So far I got Spotify to work on Windows 8. I downloaded OpenOffice but haven't used it yet. Chrome, also, works fine. I agree Microsoft doesn't need anymore money. They have the audacity to charge $300+ for full versions of Windows, which is what you need if you're going to wipe your hard drive clean and install a previous version. Linux, however, is free.

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan

Good morning! I worked on a layout last night. Going to see if I can finish it tonight. I am waiting for pictures and small goodies for my canvas, so it's on my desk on hold.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to Kahlan

Good morning! I decided last minute to go to a crop yesterday at a friend's house. It was just ok and I only managed to glue 2 or 3 photos into my little Christmas mini that I have been working on. I did end up ordering a new cricut cart from CM though! Can't wait to get it! I just love their carts so much stuff on them.

I thought that if you purchased a full version of windows it can be installed on several computers. I could be wrong because my technical husband takes care of all that for me.
Ria-I am running windows 8 but have not tried to use CCR. Will have to see if it works for me.
We got the opportunity to upgrade for only $49 when it first came out so my hubby jumped on it at that price.

Hope everyone has a great day! I am working today and hoping for a good and positive day! The weather is a little gloomy out but not raining finally!

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to mghairgirl

Billy put Windows 8 on his computer and hates it, but he has all the technosavvy to know how to work around it. He said I am better off with 7.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Kahlan

I like Windows 7 better, that's for sure. I'm starting to like 8 just a little bit. If I could get Cricut Craft Room to work, I'd like it a little more.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

I am tormenting the snot out of Lizzie. Poor kid. She got mad when I kept shooing her away from the laptop screen, and later the phone screen. Finally I said, "I'm trying to get you something for your birthday and I can't do it with you right here!"

"What is it?" she kept yammering at me.

"A pony," I finally said. OMG you should have seen her face. She started chattering away about where her pony would sleep, what her pony would eat, what her pony's name would be (BlueJeans). I did fill her daddy in on it so he wouldn't wonder what was going on when she talked nonstop about "her pony."

When the tablet comes, as I'm loading up apps and Angry Birds, I'm also going to set her wallpaper to a picture of a pony. *snicker* Oh I am so mean to that poor little girl.

Stiina
Stiina 
Veteran
Stiina

• BlingQueenRia Said:
I like Windows 7 better, that's for sure. I'm starting to like 8 just a little bit. If I could get Cricut Craft Room to work, I'd like it a little more.

I was having some problems with that and went to the Provo tech help desk and they had local people (I mean USA) that worked with me until it was working. I have to say, they did a great job. Unfortunately, when I had to restore my computer to an earlier date, all that work is gone now. I won't hesitate to call them when I'm ready.

Thought you all should know!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Stiina

Great work Laura. Did you make that quilt?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Stiina

I'm glad you told us that Laura. We're pretty close to becoming a two laptop family...

Ria; torture is right. Let's hope her disappointment at not really getting a live pony won't be to awful. I think the gift you have in mind is fabulous..

Barbara; your canvas has to be looking beautiful.

errands today for me.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Stiina

• Stiina Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:

I was having some problems with that and went to the Provo tech help desk and they had local people (I mean USA) that worked with me until it was working. I have to say, they did a great job. Unfortunately, when I had to restore my computer to an earlier date, all that work is gone now. I won't hesitate to call them when I'm ready.

Thought you all should know!

That's good to know, Laura. I will call them after dinner tonight. I'm still at work, waiting for my friend to finish her shift, she's giving me a ride home. So I can focus on finishing setting things up, I'm bringing dinner home with me.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Di, I think she'll survive. She's been begging me for a tablet for months. I think also, deep down, she knows we can't have a real pony here in an apartment.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

She won't be disappointed, she already figured out I was pulling both legs at the same time. I got home from work with dinner for us, and she asked, "Did you trick me about a pony?" I admitted that I had only been teasing her. Her disappointment is over, and I think it'll be a distant memory when she holds her new pink tablet in her hand.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

I'm letting my cell phone charge up a bit before I call Provo Craft. Their customer service may not even be open on the weekend and I might have to wait until sometime next week.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics