Username Post: Die Cut Divas        (Topic#1504015)
Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to scrap4brains

Marlene; did you make those towels.. cute design.

Barbara; I think it's great you will do the elliptical when your body allows you to.

Leslie; that's sure bad luck about your car being hit while parked. Cowards they are not to leave any info for you. I saw on FB that Erin is on the road to Virginia. Long trip and I hope the kids do ok.

Well, go the spare/sewing room all done........wow how nice it feels. Now all the 'left over' stuff is sitting in the dining room. I already made one trip to GW and want to price about four boxes of stuff for a garage sale my daughter is having at the end of the month. I can move it all over there as soon as it's priced she said. Two more days and all will be done.

create4sanity
Diva
create4sanity
In response to Sunnydi

Marlene - Oh how I love those longhorns. Really brings back memories of my years in Dallas. I miss Texas but seems I am committed to OK now. My mom made those towels for all of us. I have a whole set of 7 with cats sewn on them. Wouldn't dare use them.

Di - When you finish your cleaning, please come do mine!!!! I found several pieces of my crystal this weekend at a little shop in Springfield MO. Priced kinda high but I rarely find any so hubby bought them for me. I love collecting!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to create4sanity

Di - the towels are an iron-on pattern. It was fun doing them in spite of the circumstances, it's a quick satisfaction. My mom always made days of the week towels and I did these in her honor (but think 3 is plenty). I love the towels with the stripes and had not seen them before.

The invitations are addressed and in the mail. What a relief to have them done.

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan

Good morning!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Kahlan

Good morning!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

• scrap4brains Said:
My mom always made days of the week towels and I did these in her honor (but think 3 is plenty). I love the towels with the stripes and had not seen them before.

The invitations are addressed and in the mail. What a relief to have them done.

I buy and use the Days of the week kitchen towels.. the best for drying. Out here they cost about $6-8 each when at fairs, etc. It is a relief when a project is done; especially invitations. Congrats.

Dori is here today. I hope the clouds burn off and we have sunshine this afternoon.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Sunnydi

*peeks in from work*

*leaves trays of Cherry Berry Chillers and Frozen Strawberry Lemonades*

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to BlingQueenRia

Good morning girls! Finally I am back! Been away the weekend and then had to go to my mom's house and stay with her to get dr appts all figured out. Can't remember if I mentioned that she took a fall at work about a week ago, well what they thought was just a sprained knee is now turning out to be more. It is a workers comp claim so we had to deal with that. I went to see her boss and she tried to tell me that her FMLA got denied and that she might not have a job when she wanted to come back. I about lost it on her and pulled the lawyer card! Workers comp makes that decision not her company!!! The one thing I know is they don't have to keep that specific position available but she can't lose her job over this. Anyway I brought my mom home with me and she will stay here until she is feeling well enough to be on her own. I now have so much to deal with on her behalf. Of course I would have it no other way!
I am working Thursday, Friday, Saturday this week since I was off yesterday. Then Sunday is my other niece's first communion. It will be a busy next couple of days, not to mention next week and the dr appts we have scheduled!

Sounds like everyone has been doing a little scrapping...not sure when I will be able to get back to that! Seems like too much is going on right now.

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to mghairgirl

Good morning!

Monica, sorry to hear about your mother. I hope things work out for her and she heals quickly.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Kahlan

Hi, hello, and howdy! L'il Bit is having dinner with a friend of hers, and will be home in half an hour. I am contemplating getting started on a mother's day card for my mom. Usually I do one during the NSBD challenges, but I just wasn't going to make SIX cards that were similar, you know?

Monica, I'm sorry about your mom. Workman's comp can be a pain in the neck to get, I hope she gets it. And no, her company cannot fire her because she got hurt on the job. At least not in Missouri, I'm not sure about your state.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to BlingQueenRia

Ria-No they can't fire her in our state either. They are just using scare tactics. She already has workers comp taking care of the dr appts and such, now we are waiting to see how long she will need to be out of work.

Today was super crazy busy for me at work! I did not sit down the entire day, purely exhausted! But I managed to get it all done and come home in a fairly good mood!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Monica - sorry about you mom's problems. I am sure your mom has all of her stuff backed up. Basically, if someone wants to fire you, they'll find a way unless you have been careful.

This will be my only Mother's Day for just me. I've always shared with my mom and next year I'll share with Matty. Did I say this before? If so, sorry. I've been thinking about it.

create4sanity
Diva
create4sanity

I miss my mom so much this time of the year. Don't think I will ever get used to her being gone. Life goes on and so do I.

Monica - I bet your mom is glad to have you to help with workmans comp. I know it is a pain in the neck to work with. Miranda is in human resources at her company and even she says it is a nightmare of paper work. Wish you good thoughts in your quest.

Marlene - The days of the week are the towels that my mom made. She ironed on the patterns and then embroidered them.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to create4sanity

Marlene's right. Most jobs now are "at-will," meaning that the company can find any reason at all to let you go and then let you go. Just like that. It stinks, but it is what it is.

I almost lost my job when I went to jail. My mom called and talked to my GM, and she relented and let me come back about a week after I got out. (I had to wait for the next week's schedule for the scheduling manager to fit me back in.) But GM gave me the silent treatment for MONTHS. It's only been within the last year or so that GM started loving me again, and talking to me again.

Donna, I'm so sorry that this time of the year is hard for you. I don't have any other words, but maybe I can offer a Max cuddle?

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Marlene, like I said on your gallery, I absolutely love those invitations, you are so innovative with using your Cricut, great job and I'm sure Matty will be very happy with them.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Monica it sounds like you have your hands full but its so nice of you to be doing so much for your mum, but like all of us you wouldn't have it any other way. I know I'm in a different country and laws are certainly different, but Bob worked in Workers compensation his whole working life and was the head of QBE Insurance for Workers compensation in Australia until his retirement, he still sits on the Government Board for WC and there is little he does not know about the legislation here and once they accept your claim as workers comp...and it usually is if it happens between the hours of you leaving your gate for work and arriving back there after work, then they are obligated for any and all claims....I know it may vary but I'm sure that part would still be the same. I hope so for her sake anyway, the last thing she would be wanting being injured is to have to worry about her job.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Diana, yes it was such a shock to walk up to our car to see it all smashed in, can't believe our luck but Insurance Company have passed it for payment and I just hope this is the end of the bad run we've had with our car.

Glad you got your room finished, I would so love to do mine but just not motivated to start, mainly because I just have run out of room for everything, I do know where everything is though so I guess that's a start eh!.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to slywalker

Ladies I do have clarification about my mom's job and for any state in the US as long as there is an open workers comp case you cannot lose your job. It also states that if you may have to go back to a lesser paying job and workers comp will make up the difference in the income up to two thirds the amount. So I am not at all worried about her job now. Also since the accident happened at work she had to file workers comp, they will pay for all medical expenses and two thirds of her salary until she is able to return to work. My mom has worked for this company for 34 years. I am sure it would be easier for the company if she retired but we are not going to let the company off easy!

Today will be another busy day at work, I am sure by the time we get to mother's day I will be exhausted and ready for a day just for me!

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan

Good morning! Finally a day for me. I love Kailey so much, but I am ready for a me day! I was seriously feeling the tired last night. Well I have worked out the last three days and I am sure that's wearing me down too. I normally watch the Prima Live show on Thursday night but I didn't even make it for that.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Kahlan

Hi. I finally talked to Matty about what she intends to do for daycare. I told her that I would/will hate to see her have to take the baby somewhere everyday, but I think I am too old to take care of a baby every day. We'll see.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics