Page 2709 of 2709 
Username Post: Die Cut Divas        (Topic#1504015)
mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to scrap4brains

Di-sorry to hear you are not continuing in the group! We will really miss you!!!

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mghairgirl

Marlene I really like that name, I have always liked names that are a little different as long as they aren't going to create tormenting at school from being to left of centre, but Maeby isn't like that, it is really cute. Love that she wants you to take pics and scrap them, oh you are going to be out buying all the pretties for you baby girl layout, and are you scrapping the photo of her scan? its nice to go in the album.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Yes, Diana I have the flu, nearly finished 2nd lot of antibiotics and still no improvement. I have days when I think mmm...I'm feeling a little better today, but then come night and I'm terrible, wasn't too bad yesterday but today I'm as bad as ever. Its a freezing day here today, beautiful blue sky and sun out but It feels like ice in the air, so we aren't walking, when I did so 2 days ago I got really crook after it, just not worth it, but I'm losing valuable time in trying to get the weight back off that snuck on, so want to lose it before we go away, but this flu isn't helping.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Diana I am so sorry you are leaving, I know its a hard thing to do from when I left the Grandmas group and I still miss some of those girls but just couldn't keep up with them, so I had to make the decision, no doubt just like you have a reason and had to come to that decision. Going to really miss you heaps you are a great contributor to the group.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Can I just make a suggestion in light of recent events.

Firstly Barbara mentioned closing the group because it has dropped of in way on contributors, and secondly we've now lost Diana who did contribute a lot, just a thought but I think everyone is so into FB now and it is so easy to communicate on there....how does everyone feel about creating a private group on FB instead of this..................just a thought to try and help out, I'm in a few groups on there and it is so quick and easy to keep in touch.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Gosh no one been on since my last post must be lovely sunny Saturday out over there and a nice day to get out & about, different to here been so cold I've sat around and pretty much done nothing all day, but after such a Long day of cooking yesterday for last nights dinner party when I'm so crook with the flu, made we appreciate not having to do a thing today.

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to slywalker

Good morning! It was a beautiful Saturday, but we were busy.

Di, sorry to hear you are leaving but I understand.

Lesley, we do have a group on facebook, and I had rather communicate there also.

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to Kahlan

The only time I seem to be on the computer lately is in the morning. The rest of the day I use my phone and I get facebook alerts. For me it's a much better way of knowing whats going on, and I'll be more likely to respond.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to Kahlan

I just think this forum has been superseded by FB, I wonder what the other girls think? I did forget about the group on there already, seems such a nuisance on the way you have to post on here when its so much easier on FB. Will be interested to see what Monica and Marlene think in the morning, I'm off to bed after such a late night last night.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to slywalker

Morning girls! The only person that does not get on FB is Donna I think??? Can't remember. I really don't care where we keep our group, just want to keep it going. I know that our lives are busy and there is not much time to get online but I do enjoy checking in a seeing that everyone is doing well, even if they are running errands, shopping, sitting at home, etc. Makes my day complete hearing from all of you. I am sad that we have lost a few members but do completely understand...just dont want to lose the rest of us since we have become a close knit group, or maybe that is in my head???
Anyway I will do whatever is best for the group!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

We have a group on Facebook? I don't really care SB or FB either way. I do keep a gallery on here that is easier for me to regulate than the more open FB, but I really don't care - all of it is on my computer and backed up from there anyway. Come to think of it, I quit loading all of my work here anyway.

Monica - I agree that we have become friends and would hate to lose track. Donna can get one of her grand-daughters to set her up on FB.

create4sanity
Diva
create4sanity

I am on Facebook but still don't get the whole picture and rarely go on there. I will get the girls to help me sign on to our group. I will do anything to keep our group together. And Monica, it is not just in your head - we are a close group and I would be very sad not having you all to talk to. We must stay together.

Di - I will miss you. Come back when you can.

Still going to PT everyday for my muscle spasms. I think it is finally getting a little better.

Our VBS starts tonight. I co-teaching 5th and 6th grade girls. It will be easy for me because I can sit the whole class.

I will work on the Facebook thing real soon.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to create4sanity

Donna glad to hear you are on FB too! I am also happy to hear that you agree we are close!

Marlene-I will keep a gallery here also, I like to load all my work to this group and not FB...most of my high school friends don't know I scrapbook and really don't care to share with them! I find that I get on FB rarely but will make a point to check in more often with our group on FB.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

Good morning everyone, no your aren't dreaming Monica, I feel really close to all the ladies on this group and love that I get to see you IRL, sad as it is I think I'm closer to everyone on here than I am to anyone (other than my bff Gaelene) in real life, its so lonely up here and I have nothing in common with most ladies and the only one I do have a closeness to has just put their house on the market to go back to Hobart which is what I want to do, so I think we will chat more on FB than here. We can also load our layouts up and only our group will see them, we can have albums within the group. But I am like Marlene I like to have my layouts in one area so will keep putting them on SB.C for the moment anyway, but I haven't loaded any on to the group for ages, I don't put them in the gallery for comments but just as a place that Erin can easily see what I'm doing, should really use my blog for that I guess though, maybe I'll start doing that, it is a lot easier to load on the blog than on here anyway.

Glad you are on FB Donna, signing in to a group is so simple Barbara will add you on and it just appears in a groups column on the left hand side of your screen when you go to your 'home' part of facebook.

Would hope that maybe Di will reconsider if we go there and who knows some of the others may as well.

Well off to get moving its only 2deg here blue sky and sunny but no warmth in the sun its way too high now, still barking so don't know whether I should walk in the cold air or not, I'm doing everything I can to get rid of this bug.

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to slywalker

Lesley-glad to hear I am not the only one that feels this way! I would miss you girls so much if I lost contact with you!

sweetpeaemmalou
Idol
sweetpeaemmalou

Hi-long time since I checked in her but I just wanted to say hi! Hope you are doing well and having a great summer!

mghairgirl
Governor
mghairgirl
In response to sweetpeaemmalou

Emily we have moved the group to our FB page and will rarely check in here anymore. Are you on the FB page? If so check in there and we can catch up!

Stiina
Stiina 
Veteran
Stiina
In response to Sunnydi

Good afternoon ladies! I cannot believe that it's been over 1 month since I've been on. My life has taken me on some incredible journeys, but not necessarily physically. I wanted to check in and see how you all are. Thought I would leave this note and catch up as I can. We had 3 graduations to attend and two that were postponed. My nephew failed to complete all of the necessary classes and will be graduating from Purdue in December. My son, as it turns out, took an extra 10 credits and could have graduated last year. That's the problem with where he is attending, there are so many specialized degrees, you can get bad advisors who think they know the requirements and in our case, was off base. My son still does not have his diploma because it took about 4 weeks for the powers that be to agree that yes, he did complete the requirements to graduate and then, up to 90 days to print and issue the actual "pigskin." The upside of his education is that it's an accredited school, most of his core courses were Purdue classes and the cost was less than 25% of what it would have been at Purdue. You get what you pay for sometimes, lol.

My 8 1/2 mo (nearly 9 mo old now) grandson is officially walking. Not a few steps then fall, but get up and run across the room. He is the light of our life! My son had to borrow our old baby gate last week to keep Avery from wandering where he shouldn't.

I have been doing more quilting, but not getting much other than donations finished. I think I'm trying too difficult of designs and end up spending more time tearing out my mistakes. I have Bubblegum Parfait back on my quilting machine right now to fill in some areas that need more stitching. I'm not liking some of my straight line work, but I just am not that good yet. I'm taking it to the county fair tomorrow, so I'm getting it cleaned up for that.

I've taken a few more Copic classes and am really enjoying that. I just bought the new 4th book on details and shading. I can't wait to get my 0 refill bottle so I can try the watercolor techniques. I love watercolors!! So awesome that you can do that with the markers.

I've also been working some more on my sewing/craft room and it's actually starting to look like something other than a junk room. I was thinking about Christmas cards and have a lot of stuff pulled out right now to figure out what I want to do, so it looks a bit messy, but overall, it is getting better. I've also been trying to get the house cleaned up. Our new windows (just 3 for the front of the house--2 for the Master BR and 1 for the Dining Room below it) should be here any time and our contractors traipsing in and out. I'm hoping it will only take a week. There is a lot of rot and some fabrication that will be required. Our contractor will correct any problems from the builder and make it right. I haven't touched Josh's old room for over a month and I still have one closet to clean out and his desk. I just can't face it right now.

Band is in full swing and we are in concert season. We played for the July 4th festival in town, 1 band festival, and tonight is a warm up to an outdoor movie night sponsored by the library. We play next Thurs too. Music is taking a lot of time right now.

Sorry that I've been away, but I've been trying to get back into some normalcy for my life. I think I'm doing ok on that side of it. What I mean by that is going to bed at a reasonable time, getting up and doing chores in the morning so I can play or be available for other obligations in the afternoon. That kind of thing.

I now have 1 1/2 hr before I need to leave for tonight's concert and I have to practice in that window too, lol. Next time I'll try to post some of the things I've been working on.

Hope you are all doing well and getting lots of scrapping completed!

Kahlan
Kahlan 
Queen
Kahlan
In response to Stiina

We have to moved to our group on facebook. You will need to ask to be my friend for me to add you to the group. My name is Barbara Lochridge.

Stiina
Stiina 
Veteran
Stiina
In response to Kahlan

Sent f/r, my real name is Laura Taivalkoski Hamilton. Since we are not friends on FB, you may not get my message connecting the two.

Page 2709 of 2709 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics