Username Post: Does your friend, child, mom, etc. need their own paper trimmer?        (Topic#1504443)
TriciaH
Guru
TriciaH

This is quite a deal on a paper trimmer only $8.99!

http://store.scrapbook.com/f-29977397.html

I'm picking up one for my DD to use this summer.

What's your favorite, must have, product you'd recommend to a newbie? Particularly adhesive, I always get the most questions about those!
Products Referenced in This Post:

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to TriciaH

I hate to say this because of the cost, but the MM trimmer is a complete must-have for me. I think it's worth every penny. At least a trimmer of some kind though if not that big of one.

As for adhesive, DEFINITELY mini Glue Dots . I've used various tape/glue runners, but I always come back to Glue Dots for pretty much all of my 3-D lumpy bumpy stuff.

And definitely scissors. I was partial to my Cutterbees until I got the Tonic ones in my NSD prize pack. I think I love those even more!

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to scraprabbit

Besides paper (and lots of it) I'd say a trimmer is a must have. Scissors will never be as precise, or as quick, as a trimmer in certain instances. Other items I reach for time and again are my cutting mat, my craft mat, brown ink, scissors, and my craft knife.

I've tried a few adhesives, from glue sticks in the beginning to my current love - the ATG gun, and I've come to the realisation that you need a few different types of adhesives to scrap efficiently. You need a tape runner for everyday use, Glue Dots for quickie sticking, and a liquid for those it just won't stick any other way moments. My personal favourites are the ATG gun, the "sticks to everything" Glue Dots , and Tombo w Mono.

I love my Cutterpede for the decorative blades I can use to make pretty borders, and my new Rock Paper Trimmer for its accuracy. I really like all the Fiskars products I own, so if this trimmer is still available once I've completed my use-up-the-stash goal for this month I will definitely be purchasing one. It will be a gift for my cousin who has recently expressed an interest in learning to scrap.

Edited by traceyjean on 05-14-09 06:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 05-14-09 09:49 AM
In response to traceyjean

Cool Tracey - I love the "use up your stash" goal! I'll have to try that one

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Kels

Use the stash? What funny words you use.

I like this one for beginners, it's easy to use, and stuff stays STUCK.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Here are my must-haves:

Cindy

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to babytoy3

I can't believe they posted SPAM in the same thread as Tricia and Megan and Kels!!!!!!!

I mean, could they have PICKED a worse thread to post spam in??????????

Edited by CommaHolly on 05-10-11 02:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to TriciaH

• TriciaH Said:
This is quite a deal on a paper trimmer only $8.99!

http://store.scrapbook.com/f-29977397.html

I'm picking up one for my DD to use this summer.

What's your favorite, must have, product you'd recommend to a newbie? Particularly adhesive, I always get the most questions about those!

I have had a fiskars since i started in 2003. It does everything I need it to and the blade replacement is cheap!

I love the 3L adhesives as well. though i am hearing wonderful things about this ATG. I also love glue dots for floral work.

I really cannot live without diamond glaze. Especially for vellum, ribbon, butons, metal, etc.

Bazzill Cardstock is a must as well. I use alot of black and white so i always buy in bulk.

Ink too...i like to tear and distress.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Just G on 05-27-11 10:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics