Username Post: Tape, Glue, Dots, Spots,??        (Topic#1504455)
DorrieR
Resident
DorrieR

I have been using a two-sided tape dispenser thing, the kind that you can refil. I love using this, but I have found that it is kind of limiting. I have some thin ribbon that I would like to add to a page, the tape just won't work. I am really lost as to what other type of adhesive I should try. I looked at the beginner lists and suggestions, honestly I am more confused now. Any suggestions? Thank You

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to DorrieR

I use several different adhesives depending on what I am doing...for very thin ribbon I use Tombo Aqua liquid adhesive...it has two different tips one appx 1/4 in. wide rubs on and the other tiny dropper leaves tiny dots of glue...I use the tiny side for thin ribbon...

Resident
In response to DorrieR

I run ribbon and other embellishments through my xyron X to attach. Sometime the X can leave a residue around the edges of the object. So, I trace around the object with an old, inkless ballpoint pen a few times before I peel off the tape.
Products Referenced in This Post:

DorrieR
Resident
DorrieR
In response to melissadam

that sounds exactly what I am looking for!! Now I just need to find someplace that I can go and get it! LOL Thank you so much!

DorrieR
Resident
DorrieR
In response to oilbrat

This sounds great! I can already picture 1,000 things I could do with it, and things I have already put together that I can fix!! Unfortunately I already placed an order today, so this is on my wish list for my next order. Maybe, tomorrow!! Thank You

The Lady At Home
New Kid On the Block
The Lady At Home
In response to DorrieR

Hi, adhesives can be the greatest asset or the biggest pain when scrapbooking. I use two things: the Herma Vario which dispenses little squares of two sided tape--which sometimes I cut in half for extra small things; and Zots mini glue dots. These are like little super sticky dots that work great for ribbon, metal accents, fibers, you name it!

Sometimes I use a xyron too, usually for die cut letters. It seems wasteful to me to send a little ribbon through it. (No offense, I just skimp on materials to save money.)

Both of those things are available at Wal-Mart and fairly inexpensive.

www.theladyathome.wordpress.com

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to The Lady At Home

I use my Xyron X for ribbon too. I purchased the X at WM for about 9.00 a little while back and then I purchased a refill for about 5.00 at Ms. I realized I just don't use that much that I have to scrimp on the X adhesive. Also, since it holds up to 2" I sometimes run two lengths of ribbon at the same time, or two letters, or objects. I put all objects very close together in the feeder (end to end)for less waste.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to sweet1

I use my ATG for ribbons. Works great. Also on anything that's not too small or intricate.

Glue wise, you'll not find better. I still use dots and sometimes liquids depending on what I'm adhering but overall, I use the ATG most. Plus it's the most cost effective glue on the market. I've yet to find one cheaper per yard or foot. That's even with factoring in the price of the gun!

Edited by Vivian loves BLING on 08-11-09 10:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ImForwardByDesign
Veteran
ImForwardByDesign
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I do a lot of ribbon and fiber's on my LO's. For smaller ribbon I actually use a permanent glue stick pen. For my more serious ribbon projects I use Tombow liquid glue. I love the stuff. It is permenant but it doesn't stick right away. This way if I make a mistake I can adjust it ever so slightly.

I like it for ribbon, buttons, and things because it is less expensive, doesn't take a lot, and I haven't had a ribbon fray, come off, or peel. It is great and a bottle lasts forever.

Have fun with ribbons!

married05
Idol
married05
In response to ImForwardByDesign

The absolute best thing I've found to use with ribbon is the Xyron create a sticker. You can buy it anywhere. I sometimes have to use an adhesive remover to get the adhesive off of the side of the ribbon, but otherwise it's perfect!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by married05 on 08-11-09 08:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to married05

I use the 1/4" atg 714 for applying adhesive to ribbons, love it. I own 2 ATGs - the 714 & 700 (1/2")

joogz
joogz 
Diva
joogz
  • joogz on 08-12-09 08:53 AM
In response to carbphrek

I bought what is called sticky strip from my sister who is a Stampin' Up consultant, which is specifically made for ribbon, it works great!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics