Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Scrapbooking Must Haves        (Topic#1504759)
kjginga
Veteran
kjginga

Ok, so I've been shopping in the superstore this afternoon because I really want to get the 10% discount on my order. I've been scrapbooking on and off for a couple of years and already have several basics - a cutter, adhesive, journaling pens, various templates, brads, eyelets, etc. Here are the things I'm purchasing today, are there any other must haves?

Thanks!

Kathy :-)

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to kjginga

Do you have an eyelet setter? What about a desktop organizer that you can carry to crops?

kjginga
Veteran
kjginga
In response to Luvmyfam

Thanks so much, yes I have a Silent Setter that I absolutely love, but no desktop organizer. Wonderful suggestion!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to kjginga

I feel ink is most definitely a staple. You should get a dark brown, black, and opaque white to start with. If you fall in love with it, like me, you can get ink pads fairly cheap. (Colorbox cat's eyes are my fave) I now have 80+ pads!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to byondbzr

A craft knife really comes in handy...along with a self healing mat...I am fond of We R Memory Keepers ...they also have a magnetic circle cutter that is great!

We R Memory Keepers - Crafter's Art Knife , BRAND NEW

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Oh, do you have a white Signo? They are the best!
Products Referenced in This Post:

kjginga
Veteran
kjginga
In response to melissadam

Thanks so much!

kjginga
Veteran
kjginga
In response to byondbzr

No, I don't, and I just checked the availability, they are currently out of stock.....rats!

Thanks so much!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to kjginga

Here are some of my must-haves. I know you said you already have journaling pens, but I put my favorites on there anyway.

Cindy

kjginga
Veteran
kjginga
In response to cindy312

Thanks so much, is the Colorbox chalk easy to use?

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to kjginga

Kathy - I noticed that you got the Bazzill stitching templates (the borders). Have you checked out the alpha and/or the flourish ones?

Also do you have a mat that you can poke into (so that you aren't doing it on your table?) Bazzill makes one.

And what about the piercer (to make the holes). You can do it with a needle but the tool is much better. I use the one that came with my silent setter (I think) so you may have one ... but if not, again Bazzill sells it.

And no, I don't work for Bazzill !

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Do you have an eyelet setter? What about a desktop organizer that you can carry to crops?

Totally agree about the Lazy Scrapper. I use mine all the time, just the right size.

You'll also save yourself tons of money, well not a ton but really alot of money by going ahead and buying the ATG 714.

I also find myself using this trimmer alot!

hodgepodge722
Veteran
hodgepodge722
In response to Vivian loves BLING

haha...this is TOO funny!!

i just placed an order yesterday for three of the things you did, and tried to get the signo pen too and found it was out of stock. (gettin the distresser, orchid doodling template and paper piercer)

great scrappin minds must think alike!!

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to Vivian loves BLING

10% off!
time to buy my cart.

how about pop dots and vellum adhesive

ljmorganx2
Expert
ljmorganx2
In response to mjmone

Glue Dots and Primas.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to mjmone

Oh, fun thread! I cannot live without buttons. I use them on almost every LO. You can find them anywhere, though. For actual scrappy stuff you can find in the superstore, I love the stuff below. For embellies, I love prima flowers, rhinestones, brads, and various trims. Have fun shopping!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to kjginga

• kjginga Said:
Thanks so much, is the Colorbox chalk easy to use?

Yes, very easy. I don't use the applicator though. I prefer just holding the ink in my hand, probably because that's what I'm used to doing.

Cindy

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to kjginga

Hi there! Have fun picking your new goodies! I look at "necessities" as paper, paper cutter, good fine tip scissors,journaling/doodl e pens, and adhesive and inks, because I use them TONS. Plus I added a few of my favorite "fun" things!

One think I would like to note with inks; Pigment inks (like the cats eyes) are more color concentrated and take longer to dry. But, the colors are very vibrant. Dye based inks (like the Tim Holtz /Adirondak/Ranger inks) dry quicker but have less of a kapow-when it comes to the color result. I've also found that dye-based inks work better with stamping fine details. Pigments work well with foam stamps. I guess to put it in a nutshell, after all that gabbing: Pigment inks are comparable to an acrylic paint effect and Dye based inks are similar to a water color effect. Staz-On inks are Solvent inks, dry VERY quickly and are permanent on just about all surfaces, including metal, plastic, ceramics, etc... I've used it to thumbprint one of my guitars. They are also great for stamping fine detail.

Hope this helps!!!
Zig Writer - Black (Discontinued)

Edited by ScrapperSara22 on 05-17-09 08:28 PM. Reason for edit: added some shtuff!

purplegirl72
Guru
purplegirl72
In response to ScrapperSara22

It's fun to see what everyone views as "must-haves".
There are some of mine that I use most frequently when I scrapbook.

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather
In response to purplegirl72

I have to agree with chalk ink, and the ATG714. AC Thickers is something else high on my list. If you do not have the money to put out for a Cricut then maybe a Sizzix.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics