Username Post: Trimmers Cutters        (Topic#1504893)
gammom 
New Kid On the Block

First, I want to thank everyone for all your replies about cardstock and paper. Now I need your help again to get started. I have a regular straight edge paper cutter I can use but I need to know what to use to crop photos in circles, ovals etc. I don't need anything expensive, just something to get me started. Any suggestions?

Thanks

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to gammom

The colluzzle system has templates in many shapes...it is fairly simple to use with a little practice.....

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to melissadam

you may be able to get the coluzzle system on sale,,,,,,

they're discontinuing it,,,,,

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to CommaHolly

I bought the Martha Stuart circle cutter at M's and I used a 40% off coupon so I got it at a great price,But it can only do circles. I have not tried the colluzzel system.

joogz
joogz 
Diva
joogz
  • joogz on 08-13-09 01:12 PM
In response to armygirl

There is a circle cutter you can get from Stampin' Up and also, you can get circle templates(?) from Creative Memories! Have a great day

Resident
In response to joogz

Friskers also has a great system where you can do circles and other shapes.

Katy_Crops
Resident
Katy_Crops
In response to DolphinGirl09

I just bought the Curvy Cutter system from Cutterbee. Once you buy all the pieces you need (glass mat, templates and the cutter itself) it gets a little expensive if you're a broke college student. But I used coupons for everything and am waiting for my templates to arrive. I look at it like an investment =) I wanted to buy a GOOD one and after reading a thousand reviews its the one I decided on. Can't tell ya if I like it yet, but I'm looking forward to trying it and am totally trusting everyone's review.

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to Katy_Crops

I have both the curvey cutter and the circle scissors. I think they are both great. The circle scissors is a bit smaller, but I think easier to use. I use the curvey cutter for a bit larger of cirles. I think the larges is 8 or 9 in. If I have time or want a larger circle I use my cricut (digital cutting machine). One thing I would recommend with the circle cutters is to have a glass mat so the blade does not stick and cut your paper.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to gammom

If you have a Creative Memories representative in your area, I highly recommend both their circles and ovals and the cutters that are used with them. They are very easy to use.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Ms. Fit

My favorite is the Fiskars Ultra ShapeXpress. You can place the template over your paper and see exactly where you are cutting. The trick is to have the Fiskars name face up, and hold the USX like a computer mouse. Fiskars makes all sorts of templates, including alphas.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Luvmyfam

I prefer using punches for making circles/ovals.

Cindy

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 09-17-09 09:31 AM
In response to cindy312

I like punches, too, though the largest punch makes a 3 1/2 inch circle. Punches are so super quick and easy and no learning curve, lol, and no slipping paper issues.

You can also buy punches to make scallop circles. I love to layer punched circles.

Veteran
In response to IzzyB

I like using punches - just an idea

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics