Username Post: BIA version 1.0 vs 2.0        (Topic#1504897)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

OK, so what's the difference in the two versions that I should spend DOUBLE the money (should I be able to talk DH into one) to get the 2.0?????

There has to be SOMETHING,,,,I am so totally unfamiliar with either one,,,,,,,so keep it simple for stupid,,,me

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 05-19-09 06:26 AM
In response to CommaHolly

Holly - I have the "old" one or the blue one. From what I can tell from board posts the new "pink" one allows you to put in a thicker item to punch the holes. I bought some BIA chipboard covers to make a mini album. I covered the front cover on both sides with cardstock weight patterened paper and it wouldn't fit in the blue channel to punch the holes. If I put the cover in seperately it punched fine and then I had to punch the pp separately and then try and line it up perfectly so I could adhere the pp to the chipboard cover...well as you can guess it wasn't "perfect" and the pp didn't cover the holes exactly - bugged me - but it may not bug other people.

My BIA I works great if I don't use their chipboard covers...when I used cereal boxes as the base I could cover both sides w/pp and it would punch fine. So I guess my answer is - it depends on if you want to be able to use it for thicker stuff.

I think there are one or two other minor "tweeks" with the new one - but this is all I know! I will say as much as you love minialbums the BIA would make a great gift for DH to give you at some point!

HTH
Andrea

Cupcakes for Chloe
Pro
Cupcakes for Chloe
In response to ekip2

I have the pink one and I love it! I cant compare them for you but I love the pink one because no matter how thick it seems something is, it still punches perfectly! I know where you can find the pink one for $64.99 free shipping!

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson
In response to Cupcakes for Chloe

I have the blue one, which works fine for the small albums, etc that I do. And I agree with Andrea that the pink, new one allows you to punch thicker items. If you love making mini albums, either one of these would be a terrific addition to your tool box!

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to ASiverson

I think the new BIL will bind smaller and larger albums, too... so more size capabilites. My mom has the blue, but never uses it. lol. I'm going to have to "borrow" it one of these days!

Edited by ScrapperSara22 on 05-19-09 09:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 05-19-09 02:58 PM
In response to ScrapperSara22

Holly sign up at HL web site and they will send you Coupons up to 40% off soo you can buy it with coupon (you'll pay like $42)!!! Here where I live HL its the only one who sells BIA,I'm waiting for the next 40% off coupon!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to naf

SIGH, Naf, we have no HL here

I might wait for the pink one,,,,,right now I only make small mini albums, but I dunno,,,lol,,,,,you never know what I might like to make in the years to come

Chloe, can I have that website in PM's please??

Scrappy Nan
Idol
Scrappy Nan

You can watch the video that shows the upgrades on the BIA V2.0 here .

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Scrappy Nan

THANKS NAN!!!!!!! Still haven't decided so that video will help

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30

Holly: Sorry I'm late to respond on this thread, but I also have the Blue BIA the old one I guess!!!! I really love minds and I've made several books already with mine! I've made 8x8 albums so far, but now I'm working on doing a 5x7 album to give to a friend. If you plan on making small albums without a lot of pages get the blue BIA but if you are thinking about making different size albums then definitely get the new pink one!! i wanted to get the pink one but I didn't have enough money so I just got the Blue instead, I might upgrade later thou!!!!
Sorry for the long winded response!!!! Enjoy and happy scrapping!!!!! Yay!!!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics