Username Post: Flappers *Closed*        (Topic#1505035)
sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to sbartist

Amy - sesamoids - is it related to your thumb? Sorry to be so nosey, but after having bilateral hand surgery myself I am just very curious.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to sbartist

Here is the entryway shelf:

Entryway Shelf By Sbartist

It will sit on the shelf upside down like it is now, I am going to remove the hooks and fill in the holes, paint and cover the tins to incorporate into our living space.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to sbartist

Fabulous Bonnie! And yay for Wee-OT.

Just trying to rest here with the Walking Dead marathon on. With T away it's nice and quiet except for the one politician who came a-knocking on my door.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to RockStar

Can't wait for walking dead tomorrow.

Bonnie, yeah you (usually) have 2 sesamoids in your thumbs. I found mostly foot info too when I tried looking it up. They're on the palm side by the joint where the webby part is. He'll take those out and tighten up some ligament. He said he'll probably put a pin and/or anchor in for a bit to protect that repair. This is my understanding of it all anyway. Lol, it sounds painful to me too. I'm expecting it to be worse that the others I had done . He didn't say, just my gut feeling. You're not being nosy, btw. Thanks for thinkin of me. I'm nervous!

kara, I'd be exhausted after all that too! Glad you're having a good time. How's the weather? We're back to our rainy, normal stuff

B, what did ya do this weekend?

Henri, what cruise are you going on again? I'm sorry I can't remember.

Only got 12 books at the library sale today. other than that, trying to figure out and get done what I feel NEEDS to get done by monday. there isn't much but....i think it's anxiety kicking in knowing I'm only gonna have 1 bad hand to use instead of two for quite a while. Also dreading that using only the other one it's gonna hurt even worse than it already does. Mom helped me do christmas cards because I realized if they didn't get done this weekend it probably wasn't gonna happen at all.

Ok, I'm rambling. See u all tomorrow.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to AmyWho

Oh baby, I'm so sorry you have to continue to go through this hand-c r a p!

They haven't posted any scheduling changes yet regarding the person who didn't show up to take over my shift, and I haven't said a word on the hope they're going to do this fairly, but I'm feeling somewhat buttered up. They keep putting 'attaboys' on my card for stuff I supposedly do that's above and beyond. I'm mean, yeah, I'm wonderful and all that LOL, but I still feel buttered up for the kill so maybe I won't say anything when they do it.

I need to stop at the library to pick up a book I requested, a bio of Gen Wainwright so on the way back I'll make my tj stop so if I get anything I can get it wrapped and placed with the rest by the fireplace.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to RockStar

Christmas spoiler: I've been loving the vintage look lately so that's what I was going for with the cards. But I think that swiss family robinson or smokey mountain christmas better describe them.

Ross had these shoes I thought were so ugly the other day, I didn't even look to see if they had my size. After more thought, I went back today to see if they did. $15, I had to lol.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to AmyWho

Lol Ames about the ugly-yet pleasingly hot shoes!

Picked up the book plus 2 more, a stop @ Sally's for a $2.50/per bottle sale on Nina Ultra Pro polish, just got base and black and I got a ricer for T for xmas so he can take his potato croquettes to the next level of perfection, all wrapped since he'll be home in the morning.

Ongoing Walking Dead marathon with season premiere minutes away, then I'll catch tonight's Dexter episode on showtime. A great Sunday all in all!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 10-14-12 05:36 PM
In response to RockStar

Swiss Family Robinson christmas, lol! I love it!!! Hoping the surgery goes really well tomorrow, Amy.

Home safe and sound, and it is grey and foggy as usual We're exhausted but happy, can't believe I have to go to work tomorrow! But we'll receive our anniversary rings this week, they're finally finished, I'll post pics as soon as I can

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to stick

Just got home from Kailua, waiting in line to take a shower.

Amy - you will definitely be in my thoughts tomorrow, if mom will post for you to let us know how everything went that would be great and if not, we will wait patiently. Too cute you went back to get the shoes.

Kara - welcome home, anxious to see your anniversary ring. What anniversary is it for you? Boo to having to return to work.

Raquel - what a nice weekend you had! I bet T will love the ricer. Potato croquettes sound yummy.

Waving hi to everyone else.

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to sbartist

Watching walking dead now. Good so far, they're killing a LOT of walkers!

R, T will be happy

Bonnie, does wee like his new job?

kara, monday after a vacation is never a thing to look forward to lol. Glad you guys had fun. Can't wait to see the rings!

good night. I'll try to do a quick post tomorrow night. Probably won't be home until about 6 or 7. They said I'll probably be in recovery til 5 if things are on schedule and stuff. One reason I don't like later in the day surgeries, seems like they're never on schedule.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to AmyWho

Amy thanks for asking, yes Wee loves his job and next Saturday is a party with a bunch of his co-workers.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to sbartist

I'm keeping a good thought for you today Amy.

Glad you had a great time K. Can't wait to see these rings.

Okay, going back to bed.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to RockStar

I woke up and realized I fell asleep on Dexter so I'll have to look up when they'll have a repeat.

Yo peeps, happy Monday.

Thinking of Ames today.

Nothing much on the docket other than starting one of my books.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to RockStar

You are in my thoughts today Amy, I will be thinking of you.

Is it Friday yet? I am ready for another weekend already

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 10-15-12 08:22 AM
In response to sbartist

lol, Bonnie! I need one, too

Hope it goes well and quickly, Amy!!

Bethany, how did your bag party go last week?

Hey Henri and Raquel!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 10-15-12 08:26 AM
In response to stick

Bonnie, the rings are for our 10th anniversary ... which was a year and a half ago, lol. We've been thinking about them and looking at rings for a while, just hadn't found the right ones until now.

bwinkler
Mayor
bwinkler
In response to stick

Hey...sorry I have been Mia. I got caught up in reading a book and that is all I did with my time. The bag party went great. People bought over $1200 worth of stuff so I got a ton of free stuff! I love free stuff.

I have to run but I'll check in today.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to bwinkler

Awesome B, you'll have to post or tell about your freebies.

My book is pretty awesome too and there's a Book II so I guess the first was popular enough and the series may continue. It's about a vampire who's been sworn to serve the President of the United States whoever that happens to be since like the 1800's so there's the supernatural/horror aspect all mixed in with current events like terrorism and bad guys. Some of it is amusing, like he recollects how Nixon wanted him to take care of some people, I guess it was the Watergate guys and his flat response was no, that he was incapable of harming innocent civilians lol. But mostly it's the other stuff.

Class starts at 5:30 ... enjoying this calm week after the past 2 of icky madness.

bwinkler
Mayor
bwinkler
In response to RockStar

Previous 2 weeks from the life of Bethany:
2 weeks ago I had the thirty-one party and there were probably 15 or so people that showed. Mom and I planned a baked potatoe and salad bar as well. It was a big hit, maybe that's why so many people bought so many things. I have a large box full of all the things I got but I haven't gone through it yet because I was a little distracted. Then a couple of us girls went out for dinner and drinks to meet up with one of our coworkers who retired.

Later that week I had a dental appointment. I was told, I am fun to talk to but I'm getting boring from my hygenist because she never has to do anything on my teeth. Rarely has to pick at any part for plaque and well... I guess good news for me!

Last weekend Dustin and I spent the saturday together. Since his schedule changed to sundays through Thursdays we only have saturdays together. However life has been so busy that we haven't had anytime to be alone. So saturday we devoted the day to just us. We ran some errands and they spent the rest of the day watching movies together. Sunday my mom, my friend Jillian, her daughter Kaylynn and I went to Shrek. It was great. Funny and well put together. Then we went to dinner.

Another work week went by, oh I read my books. It was a trilogy and I read all three in a weeks period. It was that good. I am now having withdrawls. I spent months making fun of my friend for reading it because it is well known for being very riskee (50 Shades of Grey), it was very but I really enjoyed the relationship the story portrayed between the charachters. If you are squeemish with s*x stuff I wouldn't read it.

This past saturday, I got a haircut and then spent the day at the house, reading of course.

Yesterday, there was a memorial service our department put on. One of our coworkers mother died a few weeks ago (I mentioned it before) so because she couldn't fly down for the funeral. So we put on a memorial service and she decided she wanted to recognize other people who have passed in our lives because we have had a lot of death in our department. We counted and of the ones we know when they passed, 15 people in the last 3-4 years. It was a really nice ceremony and then we went to dinner and drinks.

Today I spent the morning shopping at costco and the grocery store. Now I'm trying to catch up on shows that I have recorded over the last 2 weeks since I haven't been watching tv.

Amy I hope everything goes well with the surgery.

Kara I'm glad you had a good vacation.

Bonnie... I loved that bosses hat.

Raquel bummer to the schedule possibly going back. Why are so many people inconsiderate.... huge reason why I really do hate people!!

Hey henri!

Hey MIA Terri!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to bwinkler

Good to hear your opinion on that book series B, I'm torn as to whether I want to read them or not. I'm not squeamish about the hot sex at all, what I'm hesitant about is I'm hearing there's some other stuff I know I wouldn't enjoy, so I want to find out for sure before I decide one way or the other.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics