Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: I just gotta know        (Topic#1505039)
j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 05-20-09 07:50 AM

How many times have you redone your scraproom/space cuz it just didn't flow right?? My hubby is making fun of me because I'm redoing mine once again.......it just didn't feel right to have to walk across the room (5 steps) and get my paper out of the closet this time

for the record......I think this is the 5th time I've completely overhauled the layout of it since moving into it in August 2007. I find things that work but there is just always something this isn't quite right Hopefully this will get it this time.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to j3Mel

I've redone mine about 3 times now. And the current set-up is the best. I love having my paper and pictures right here beside me because they are my starting points for scrapping. I'll get up to gather everything else!

Besides, what do men know??

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to JayAndXansMom

He might not, but WE understand Mel!

#1 - When I first moved here.

#2 - When I then switched it to the walk-in closet

And now #3 - Upon this months moving. (They're packing my ScrapSpace right as we speak, right now, & right on the other side of this door!)

p.s. And yes, I'll hafta do it all over yet again for time #4 in a few years!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I should add in lieu of the move, yesterday I felt that I indeed finally deserved the new MM Embellishment Center to hold all my supplies!

Yay Me!

Guru
In response to KellyCali

Boy if someone was packing up my scrapbooking stuff I'd be in there watching them like a hawk! I'd be afraid they'd break or tear something. As you can see, I kinda don't trust people all that much. LOL

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to moodymolly

It's 4 guys & they seemed pretty good natured!

I think my main concern is how the Expression (that I've yet to use because of the move!) will hold up!...I know they are pretty sturdy, but I've also heard those stories of ladies accidently dropping them only to never have them work again.

I would have included it as a carry-on tote, but I'm afraid the airport scenerio might cause for extreme trauma!

Redeemed318
Guru
Redeemed318
In response to KellyCali

I am always finding better ways to be organized....

I have bought what I thought was just the right thing to get me organized, then a few months later I figure out there is something way better. Which is why I don't spend lots of money on stuff like that.

Looking through the scraprooms here doesn't help because they give me so many wonderful ideas

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Also, I went ahead and prepacked all my glass jars, flowers, ribbons, brads, etc. I even went ahead and opened the Embellishment Center box and filled it to the seams with all my goodie jars!

Hopefully, they will all have a safe & cushy trip!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to KellyCali

oh more times than I can count since January

If you really want to have some fun and teach them a lesson, go mess up their tools,,,,,,,

and get out of the way very quickly,,,,,,

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 05-20-09 08:19 AM
In response to CommaHolly

he would retaliate in my scraproom and then there would be war!!!!

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to j3Mel

I do mine all the time! I work in it for a while and then realize that maybe this would work better over here or over there. I am sure that I will keep doing this forever.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 05-20-09 08:38 AM
In response to grammykimmy

I don't invest a lot in mine either. Once in a while I'll try something out and if it works then I'll take the plunge. I did that with my chipboard alphabet storage. Tried some canisters and when I decided I liked them I bought the pegboard hooks that would hold them.

I have very little invested in my scraproom other than shelf brackets and some boards for shelving. Most everything else I have around the house or is very cheap......like ziplock bags.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to j3Mel

I don't have a designated scrap room. My scrap table happens to be in a catch-all room that also houses the computer, file cabinet, and curio cabinets. Nothing seems to work well. I've reorganized it more times than I can count. My DH is going to take the closet doors off for me next. We use one half of the closet but the other half is blocked by my scrap table. I explained to him that if we take that door off, I can put another storage unit in there, which will help tremendously. Luckily for me, he's given up trying to explain the things I shouldn't do to our house if we ever hope to sell it. I figure the door can go right back on when we're ready for that step!

Mimmy96
Veteran
Mimmy96
In response to siameseplease

Just once so far.. We installed countertop all around the room, so that I can not move, even though I think about it sometimes...LOL

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 05-20-09 09:04 AM
In response to Mimmy96

I don't move my counter/door work space.....I just move everything else around it

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 05-20-09 09:05 AM
In response to Mimmy96

When I made an unfinished walk in closet type space into my sb area about 9 years ago - I had the idea of putting kitchen counters on all the walls - dh talked me out of it. He told me to have movable stuff incase I changed my mind on how I wanted it to flow - boy was he right! I've only done 2 major overhaul changes but that is mostly due to the lack of space and options. But I have moved what I have stored in which type of container a bunch to make the flow and location better...so my real answer is - more times than I can count and I'm already thinking of the next way - I don't think I need my paper as close to me as I need my embellies so I may put the paper across the room.

Its a work in process! Andrea

Mimmy96
Veteran
Mimmy96
In response to ekip2

I wouldn't trade my countertops for NOTHING!!! It makes me have so much more speace through out the room! I love them!!! I tried the seperate desks before, and finally upgraded to countertops!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 05-20-09 09:11 AM
In response to ekip2

I think I probably change mine around every 3 months or so...one of these days I will find the perfect fit, and will be satisfied....If I quit buying things (organizational and storage) I wouldn't have to change it so often.

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to rtay

I rearrange mine every once in a while. The biggest change was when I took the day bed out of the room. Having more scrapping space was more important than having a spare bed! My next big move will be when my son moves out (whenever / if ever that happens!). Then I'll move into his bigger room. I can't wait to do that!

-Mary

Blu_Butterfly
Veteran
Blu_Butterfly
In response to Mary W.

I've redone my room so many times it's hard to keep track of it all Good luck with your room though

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics