Page 1 of 602 
Username Post: Working Mom Seeking an S 4 chest and a cape        (Topic#1505357)
Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

I'm looking for Super Mom. That's any working mother out there that loves scrapbooking and her family. I'm starting this thread as a way to help encourage one another and to hone in our super hero skills. I'm looking for partners to share their trials, successes, time-management, budget-management and most of all scrapbooking skills. This is a place for Mom's who wish the day was just an hour longer, stress was a bit shorter, and life was much simpler.

Topics shared here include:
1. How to pee alone- can’t happen
2. How to potty train –outside on a tree works
3. How to add more hours in your day for scrapping-skip the house work (or only do what you see) & send the kids out with family & many more suggestions
4. How to share a child with a jerk of an ex- grit your teeth and hate each moment
5. To work or not to work at a crummy job
6. The debate: love or hate the in-laws
7. What crazy sports do you enjoy? We have lovers of bowling to roller derby and even a lady that loves to get on the drag strip

FEEL FREE TO COME JOIN OUR TEAM...just drop in say hi and introduce yourself.

Here's our recipe exchange: The Super Mom Cookbook

Here's our birthday kits swap:
Super Mom Birthday Kits
Super Mom Secret Santa Exchange

Amy - anything for a 4x6

Becky- These are all 4 x 6 but feel free to crop them. Trevor opening presents on Christmas morning.

super mom pic 1 By Becky Scraps

super mom pic 2 By Becky Scraps

super mom pic 3 By Becky Scraps

Mandy - 4x6 - DS (and DD in background) fishing while on a hunting trip with the family

Zandra
xmas By Zrock

Ginny Adeline 3 months old in 4x6
Adeline By 2girls2dogs

Allison- Santa picks the size

Secret Santa Photo By XAlysonex

2009 Secret Santa exchanged stored on page 395

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 01-17-11 11:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 05-23-09 06:31 AM
In response to Ms.Schwiet

wow girlfriend did you hit it all straight on the head!! wish there were a few extra hours you know the ones where you are along or having dh time along without someone following you to the toilet or you can't turn around because you will knock one of the kids down--hahaha!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

Lol!!! Alone time on the potty would be nice...as often as my dog joins me you'd think I've modeled the behavior and she could start to use the toilet

BIRTHDAY CLUB QUESTIONS:

1. Astrological sign
2. Family members (exclude pets)
3. Number, names, types, and breed of pets
4. Hobbies other than scrapping
5. Favorite color
6. Favorite holiday
7. Favorite music
8. Occupation
9. High school mascot & college mascot
10. Your children’s school mascot
11. Favorite college team
12. Favorite professional team / player
13. Describe your scrap style
14. Do you own a circuit or other die cut machine
15. Do you involve yourself in swaps
16. Do you involve yourself in challenges
17. Do you host challenges
18. Are you a member of a design team
19. How long have you been scrapbook
20. How long have you been a member of sb.com
21. What is the majority of the subjects you scrap
22. Would you describe yourself as religious
23. How often do you make homemade cards
24. How often do you make ATCs
25. What do you do you mostly do with your completed layouts
26. Do you belong to a kit club?

Your favorites (please show):
1. Your 3 favorite/handmade embellishment you make
2. Your 3 most UNIQUE handmade embellishment
3. Your 3 favorite layouts made by yourself
4. Your 5 favorite layouts made by another person
5. Your 5 favorite artist at sb.com

List no more than 5 (please
1. Punches (excluding edge) in your collection
2. Edge punches in your layout
3. Stamps in your collection
4. Cartridges for your die cut machine

On average (think of your typical 10 layouts) in your last 10 pages how many times did you:
1. Use a handmade embellishment
2. Use a handmade tag
3. Dominantly use distressing
4. Dominantly use bling

What items would you feel comfortable making for swaps

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 01-08-11 06:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 05-23-09 08:55 AM

hahaha --yeah I keep thinking the baby will understand and start to want to potty train even though we have her potty right there she just looks at it and points and laughs! but of course it doesnt end there--even the dh cant leave me alone it seems the minute I close the door I am needed everywhere--the same goes at work I step away to use the bathroom and then I am getting paged to come to one of my rooms--hahaha how funny these little things happen.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to zrock

solo potty time? Thats a myth! Same with getting dressed alone, bathing alone, having my very own drink, my own ice cream, etc etc etc.....these things are all myths ladies. Lies I tell you.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 05-24-09 03:30 PM
In response to Diva Scraps

I know what you mean the other night I got home from work and was a little hungry but because it was late I didnt want anything heavy so I served myself a bowl of cereal--well I thought it was my bowl turns out both my dds decided they wanted cereal too--funny thing is I offered to serve them each their own but they both said no the 5 yrs old said but mommy we want yours--go figuere!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

I know the food thing is getting bad or maybe my DS is getting more comfortable with his soon to be Step-D when he snatch something off his plate.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 05-25-09 02:37 PM

thats what you call love--they only do that when they trust them--good for you guys--my kids call their step-d just dad and we tend to leave the step part out of our blended family--the kids just see themselves as brother and sister and me and dh as mom and dad!!

jeni0071
Pro
jeni0071
In response to zrock

Funny to stumble on this thread...I so NEED to be a part of this! I was just coming to post seeking advice for my argumentative 10 yr old! HELP!

My name is Jeni, I have 2 daughters; 10 and 2 yrs old. I work PT, 3-4 days a week, but they are long days...usually gone 14+ hours on the days I work. I also have my DH, who is many times counted as another child.

My frustration lately, is trying to keep the the house picked up!!!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing how other Mom's handle their super hero status!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 05-25-09 04:29 PM
In response to jeni0071

just want to share--I posted this on another thread-- I AM ALLERGIC TO CLEANING!! hehehe I tell my kids and the dh this when I just cant do it--truth is I do what I can in little bits and get them to help but we are a family and our house is lived in and I love it that way--its not filthy or anything like that but on fri night when i dont work and we are all home and then sat morning when I wake up and see socks and shoes on the floor and a few pillows in the kitchen on the floor where they are obviously not suppposed to be--I smile and tell myself it is ok. I pick up a little and work my way around if the whole house doesnt get cleaned all in one day thats ok we have 7 days a week to clean and guess what ---??? that dust WILL be there tomorrow so I will get it then--hahahaheheh I try to treat it as not the end of the world!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to zrock

sigh,,,,I do not know if I qualify for this thread or not,

I am a mom and I work,,,,,,but my youngest child is 17 and a half, and we are COUNTING DOWN!!!! It is JOYOUS I tell you! DH is practicing his "Happy happy joy joy we are no longer responsible for you" dance,,,

however the child wants to go to college, so I don't know how much more responsible we could get,,,,,

HOWEVER, I am STILL a taxi,,,,I STILL pick up after them,,,,I STILL hand out money like an ATM machine,,,and I am STILL waiting up for them to come home with the car (ack!!!) at midnight,,,

and guess what,,,,I STILL have no alone in the potty time, or dressing alone time, or my own drink or icecream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I qualify???????

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

Lori, you were probably hoping someone would prove you wrong,,,,

you're not wrong,,,it's a lie,,,a vicious vicious lie put out by MEN!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to jeni0071

• jeni0071 Said:
Funny to stumble on this thread...I so NEED to be a part of this! I was just coming to post seeking advice for my argumentative 10 yr old! HELP!

My name is Jeni, I have 2 daughters; 10 and 2 yrs old. I work PT, 3-4 days a week, but they are long days...usually gone 14+ hours on the days I work. I also have my DH, who is many times counted as another child.

My frustration lately, is trying to keep the the house picked up!!!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing how other Mom's handle their super hero status!

Oh Jeni,Jeni, Jeni, honey,,,,,

it has only begun,,,,

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 05-26-09 08:37 AM

• CommaHolly Said:
sigh,,,,I do not know if I qualify for this thread or not,

I am a mom and I work,,,,,,but my youngest child is 17 and a half, and we are COUNTING DOWN!!!! It is JOYOUS I tell you! DH is practicing his "Happy happy joy joy we are no longer responsible for you" dance,,,

however the child wants to go to college, so I don't know how much more responsible we could get,,,,,

HOWEVER, I am STILL a taxi,,,,I STILL pick up after them,,,,I STILL hand out money like an ATM machine,,,and I am STILL waiting up for them to come home with the car (ack!!!) at midnight,,,

and guess what,,,,I STILL have no alone in the potty time, or dressing alone time, or my own drink or icecream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I qualify???????

of course you qualify--and I am jealous at least you can start thinking of doing the dance--we have a long way to go ---with our blended family we have a 20 (21 in few weeks) an 18 (19 in a few weeks) an 11 a 10 a 5 and a 1.5 ( 2 in a few weeks) three of them have a bday in june I cant even start to think about the dance for like seems forever but I did tell the dh that when the kids are all out--we are getting an efficiency apartment--haha I know reality wise that is not going to happen but it is nice to dream--we thought we were going to be down 2--the older boys lets see the oldest has his own apartment but guess what still at our house all the time--we secrectly love it though--and then the next oldest boy said he was moving out--boy I was already making plans for his room--but as always that did not happen. we are lucky though they are both in college and doing well. ugh the next two my ds & dd are going into junior high next year. boy are we in for it!! but gotta say glad God blessed us even with all the headache!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to zrock

um, honey, I hate to burst your bubble,,,,,,

really I do, but I think I need to tell you gently,,,,,so sit down, have a cup of tea (or something stronger) and listen to me very carefully, ok??? I will try and be gentle,,,,

you know how Lori told us that ALONE time is a lie?

so is children-moving-out-time, ,,,,

Oh, they get your hopes up and MOVE,,,,,,,,but then they dash them against the concrete like a pumpkin at Halloween, and move BACK!!!!! and sometimes they bring their children WITH them,,,,

There,,,,that wasn't too bad, now was it??

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 05-26-09 02:21 PM

well we can always dream cant we?? hehehe!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

Jeni not sure if we have the answers here for you, but it sounds like we have a sympatric group here. I am very frustrated with my 9 year old acting like he’s a teenager. I also wonder how genetic not taking blame is. My son can make a mess in our bathroom and it’s a friend’s fault. Thankfully he does act like a teenager and he’s very independent.

Holly, you bet you qualify! You are for me a link of what to expect. Besides the job of mom never ends as you know. My parents threatened to sell the house from under my brother and I know at the ripe old age of almost 30 I had to move in with my son during my divorce.

Zandra your right allergic to cleaning. Isn’t there a lady on the DIY network that suggests only cleaning those noticeable parts? That’s a shock to me. I was raised that you scrub top to bottom and that includes hands and knees no mops. My house is lived in, the laundry is always half done, and the yard could use more attention, but there are so many more enjoyable things to do. Now that is some spread of ages, Zandra.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Here’s my idea…it seems we have already got the ball rollin’, but let’s step back and give an introduction: name, family make-up, and job. Next I would like to challenge everyone to show off a scrapped page of a recent family photo. I would like to link it to our first page here for all to see. Just an idea…

Let me start:
My name is Stacey and I have a 9 year old son. I’m engaged and we’ve postponed our wedding until July of 2010…why rush a good thing. He has two daughters that live out-of-state that we get to enjoy a few weeks of the year only. My best friend is my own mom and as a teenager I would have never thought that would be possible. I work as a special needs teacher at the high school level. My students have minor learning or behavior disabilities and they work in all general education classrooms.

Now I’m off to see if I can scrap something for this group.

Ok…next.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

My name is Holly, and I'm 44. I am married to Jaime, and have been for almost 26 years. (yes I was 18, and yes it's lasted,,,,so far, lol) I have three children, Katie 23, Nicholas 21, and Hannah 17,,,,,bless God,,I also have 3 grandchildren, 2 biological, and one who is my oldest dd's step son,,,we forget which one is the step (grin),,,They are 8, 7, (the two boys) and 2 (my granddaughter),,,,

and yes, that means my oldest dd was 15 when she had her son,,,,she's done a fantastic job, and they lived with us until he was 4,,,Now they don't,,,,but they live close

My grandson is Deaf, so I am involved in the Deaf community alot, and I sign fluent 8 year old sign We learn with Michael

I have a pug named Bailey and a Cricut named "Lu-lu",,,don't ask, my daughter calls her Lu-lu because she claims I was LU-LU from the day I started scrapping,,,,

I work part time overnights as the night auditor in a hotel,,,,but we are discussing a promotion currently that would have me working full time days as the Director of Sales and Marketing for the hotel,,,,we'll see how much they offer me I'd love the job, as I spent years working in a travel agency as the Director of group bookings and this is quite similar,,,

Hmmmmmmm family portrait, LOL,,,,,since when do we all sit still long enough to be photographed together????? I'll work on it,,,,,,I promise

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 05-26-09 08:07 PM

my name is Zandra and I am 39 I have been married for 4.5 years. We have a blended family. I birthed Ralph-18, gaby-11, marina-5 and alyssa 1.5 my step (which I dont use at all but for explanations such as this) sons are Josh-20 and elijah 10. I am a Labor & Delivery nurse and I just love seeing babies being born it is so amazing!! as for a family pic well gotta tell I have been working on getting one of those for over a year-hehe but will try harder now!

Page 1 of 602 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics