Page 2 of 602 
Username Post: Working Mom Seeking an S 4 chest and a cape        (Topic#1505357)
Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to CommaHolly

Holly welcome. Married at 18 that is…let’s say… unique and as far as a plug for teen moms like your daughter…some can do and they do an AMAZING job. A nickname for your cricut…. I bet it feels like a member of the family. I’m trying to convince my DH2B he could have more quality time with me if we have one. I keep promising myself I’m going to learn sign. My mom took my book to work with her newest grandbaby. I hate to say it the way I procrastinate and as quickly as children can learn my 6 month old niece will be fluent in sign LONG before me.

I like you reason for no pictures lately… sit still long enough… I just went through my photos and the last time and only time the three of us posed together was 2 ½ years ago. I’m going to work with that pic, but I will also work on getting us posed for another. Every summer we planned to when our girls are here, but something comes up…subpoena for custody, bloody nose (oh I have stories). We’ll see what happens this year since I want to make a grandkid calendar for my MIL2B. Oh yah… will lu-lu be in this pic your working on?

Again welcome and I’ve loved your humor and wit so far…keep it coming girl.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

And welcome Zandra girl… looks like we could start a club of wanna get family pictures done. What an amazing job you have…lucky girl…I do like how you creatively word and explain you family. By definition families cannot be defined. Besides Holly has a cricut as a family member and I’m sure she’s not the only one….(just kidding Holly ‘cause I’m jealous).

Glad your on board ‘cause I knew we have fun together when we do challenges.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to cutencrafty

Michelle two little ones how very exciting. It’s wonderful that you DH stepped up to run the house. Just too bad you had to “postpone” your dream…just remember it’s “postponed” with a too be continued soon. And painting murals there is an artist in you I assume. It seems that at each stage my son goes through I loved it more and more and now with him starting to be so independent I can find a little more time. I’m here cyberly for you and if I could babysit from cyber space I’d love to do that so you and your man could have a probably well need night on the town.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to Ms.Schwiet

Hi ladies! I'd love to join this group!

My name is Amy. I am 31yrs old. I have been married for 14 long years to the same wonderful man, Danny. I am the mother of 5, yes 5, beautiful children. Briana is our oldest. She is 13! I still can't believe that! Hunter is 12, Brittany is 9 and then we have the dynamic duo...Fisher and Forest, who are 4 and 1/2. There is never a dull moment at my house! I am a registered nurse with a background in Labor & Delivery, Post Partum, Well Nursery, Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery, Pediatrics, and Pediatric Intensive Care. I currently work as a Care Coordinator for the state Medicaid program for pregnant women. I love my job! I get to help a lot of women and their families!

Our oldest daughter is currently playing softball, cheerleading, and does gymnastics. Our oldest son plays baseball and our twins just finished their tee ball season...thank goodness! Our yongest daughter didn't get to play sports this season due to a broken ankle (I was kind of glad that she couldn't play). As you can see, my plate is full. I too, wish there were more hours in the day! We also have a rabbit named Baby, a cat named Freckles, and two hamsters that are currently MIA somwhere in my house (yikes)! We are also the neighborhood "animal hospital" and shelter. Briana loves animals and wishes to be a vet when she grows up, so we have a lot of strays that come and go.

I am currently working on trying to get a small home based business off the ground (as if I didn't have enough to do already). I make beautiful gift baskets with handmade bath goodies in them. I also make handmade candles. I have taken many orders from friends and co workers. I'm really excited! I'd love to own my own store, but that has been placed on hold for now. My husband lost his job last month, so the budget got a tight squeeze!

All of my friends laugh and call me the ultimate super mom, but I always tell them that I just do what I have to. I love my kids and my husband and I'll do all that I can to make them happy. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

We are long overdue for a family photo. We have not had a family photo since the twins were born...they are almost 5!!!! That's sad, I know. But, I'm going to work on it...in my "spare" time lol!! I look foward to chatting with you ladies! Have a great weekend!!!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 05-28-09 11:11 AM
In response to crafty mom of 5

gosh amy you do so much starting to think I really dont do that much--lol, I agree we do what we do without a second thought because that is how it is and I know when I only sleep a few hours like when 1 of the kids is sick--but we do it and get thru it and still come home and take care of things--wow you inspire me--so does everyone else on here for that matter its amazing to see I (we) are not alone--hehee talk to ya soon!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to zrock

So, I'm assuming that I qualify for this group, right? He he!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Crafty Mom, where do you find the time to do all that? Do you not sleep. Maybe because mine are still little but my 17 month soon to be 18 month old is always next to me. I think he is glued to me (not that is a bad thing I love him to death)it's hard to do a lot of things when he is around because he wants to do whatever I'm doing. And now my 6 month old is going through a phase of he wants to see me at all times if I leave the room he starts to cry. I do think one day they'll be off playing sports with daddy then I'll have my free time. But then I'll miss them.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

I forgot to add to my one post that I also have a dog named Lucky who is a black lab and is 7 years old. He's not feeling good today. He's kind just laying around not like him. Last year one day I came home from work he had thrown up all over my house and I was looking he had thrown up 5 pacifiers whole. We took him to the vets and he had 3 more inside 1 in his intestine and 2 in his stomach. Then not long ago he threw up 4 baby bottle nipples. So I hope he doesn't have more inside him. He's a great crazy dog and loves the kids. I feel bad that I don't give him as much attention as I did in pre baby days.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 05-28-09 02:08 PM

I will be watching for an update on the lab.........okay, sorry, but that made me

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to j3Mel

Welcome aboard Amy. You sound like the ultimate soccer mom just juggling many more sports. I see in your gallery you have some pretty baskets and I hope just like you we see some pick up in the economy. The neighborhood “animal shelter” is a great nickname.

Michelle you nailed that on the head you’ll miss ‘em when the grow a little more. And your poor puppy with a strange fetish for pacifiers does not sound like he is living up to his name Lucky. I forgot to mention my dog too. She’s a white shepherd named “Cheyenne.”

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

• cutencrafty Said:
Crafty Mom, where do you find the time to do all that? Do you not sleep. Maybe because mine are still little but my 17 month soon to be 18 month old is always next to me. I think he is glued to me (not that is a bad thing I love him to death)it's hard to do a lot of things when he is around because he wants to do whatever I'm doing. And now my 6 month old is going through a phase of he wants to see me at all times if I leave the room he starts to cry. I do think one day they'll be off playing sports with daddy then I'll have my free time. But then I'll miss them.

My oldest 2 were 11 and 1/2 months apart. That is a very hard job when they are the ages that yours are...it's even harder than having twins, and I know! If they play sports, you'll be right there with them. It is soooooo much fun! I do sleep, very little, but I do sleep. Every season I say, "I can't wait for this to be over". But, I realize that when it is gone, I'm going to miss it. My oldest 2 are moving up to Jr High ball next year, so there will be no more league ball...that makes me sad. It seems like only yesterday that they started in their very first games. I even realize that the attitude that is being shown by my teenager, too shall pass...although I don't know that I will miss that, lol! Enjoy every moment...it only happens once. I'll get time to myself (maybe) when my kids are grown and gone. Oh, btw, when your kids get older, they will play well together because they are so close in age. Briana and Hunter were so close when they were really little. They are pre teens and teens now, so it's not "cool" to like your siblings a whole lot...that to, shall pass.

I wish you all the best of luck! Hang in there, it is soooooo worth it!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

I just found this thread! I am cracking up over a lot of posts, and can particularly relate to Holly's, right down to the married at 18 and the happy dance. My youngest is nearly 17 and about to finish his junior year. He is autistic and is doing an amazing job of living what appears to be a "normal" life. He plans to go to college, and will need help with that, so we're simply doing the "we've got more freedom" dance.

So.....my name is Jennifer. DH and I have been married almost 29 years (yikes). We have a son (25) a daughter (23), and our 16 yr old son. I work 32-hours a week as a tax accountant year-round. My company is amazing, allowing me to create my own schedule to work around DS's needs.

Current family photo? Bwahahahaha! That's hard. Oldest DS is attending college in Los Angeles. DD is living at home and attending college in San Francisco, but working far from both school and home (dumb choice if you ask me), and so getting 5 of us together is hard. I have to dig through my stash and see what I've got that is current.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Yay! Found a family photo, scrapped just a couple months ago. I forgot about it. Forgetfulness seems to go with being a working mom

Our Disney Vacation
By Luvmyfam

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne
In response to zrock

I've been reading what y'all have been writing and I think I qualify! I am a single mom to a beautiful 3 1/2 year old boy and I never get to have a potty break. (My son is ALMOST potty trained, and goes when I go potty!) He is in tee-ball, and goes to pre-school and I work.

Edited by Pamelalynne on 05-29-09 09:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Luvmyfam

A big welcome to you Jennifer. I’m so glad you found a current pic. I’ll get that posted on the front page soon if you don’t object. I’d kinda like us to show off our families. I will defiantly be looking forward to hearing from you because you have walked the walk. Another married out 18 and STILL together…that’s a unique club. Congrats. You are very lucky to be working for an understanding company. I may have to bug you for the occasional words of wisdom when it comes to the autistic children I teach. I tell you thus far as a whole they are some of the greatest kids to work with. Again welcome and I’m glad you’re here.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Pamelalynne

A big old howdy neighbor to Pamelalynne. First off applause to you for the single mom status that sure is a rough road (been there done that), but man does it create (I think) an amazing bond. A tee-ball player….looks like we have a lot of ball players, too. Jennifer, you remember tee-ball? That was fun. Bill Enval compares it to shooting a dead deer. Plus you have to love it when they run the bases backwards in their excitement to be in a game. Pamelalynne I sure hope you took lots of tee-ball pictures.

Maybe we should have a logo: the family that pees together stays together? Catchy…what do you think.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Stacey, you crack me up! It is funny to hear that little voice at the door when you try to go potty all alone like a big girl, lol!!! I just thought I'd check to see how everyone was doing. I'm off to finish making my candles. Have a great weekend ladies!!!

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne

lol to the quote! that is so funny!
I took so many pictures and videos of him playing tee-ball, but I think he may be a golfer. Then again, he is starting to watch baseball.
Yeah, being a single mom is tough, but I do not regret being one. I rather be happy and single than what I used to be...unhappy and in a horriable relationship.

Speeking of the peeing quote, my son was outside and he needed to go pee, so he went behind a bush, took off his shorts and undies and went! I've never seen him do this before!!

Edited by Pamelalynne on 05-30-09 10:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Pamelalynne

Peeing outside was a break through in potty training for me. He must have thought it was cool to pee on trees because he went better outdoors than in the house. Bad thing was when I moved in with my parents (they have a patio and pool the works with some gardens built into the patio) and I'm not sure if the smell of urine has left that particular garden area.

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne

lol, that is so funny! Nathan is getting lazy on me though. He can pull his pants and undies down, but then he's like, "pull them up." Today I had enough and said no. He walked around with nothing on for 45 minutes until he figured out that I was NOT going to pull them up for him!

Page 2 of 602 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics