Page 4 of 603 
Username Post: Working Mom Seeking an S 4 chest and a cape        (Topic#1505357)
Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Pamelalynne

Drama is a big part of life...Don't sweat it sounds like a lot of us have been through this. My first summer after my divorce "I freaked" when I lost touch with my son and drove from Florida to Georgia and picked him up. Granted I legally had no right, but my gut instinct was right and my ex and his girl at the time were having some issues and my ex agreed that my DS should go home with me. I am thankful that he's remarried now to a lady I really like because I trust HER more than my ex with my son.

Regardless you have to try to let him see his son because everyones right it could be trouble later. There is no way even the airlines would let him fly. I'm a little surprise your ex would even suggest it. I also agree about the ex mother in law kids are attached to those around them and it would but him in a strange situation.

I must say that is odd to have leave and can't go any where. Please I can't believe it. My ex- served too and I don't ever remember anything like that but that was before 9/11.

Let me also say how that stinks that he's with an old friend of yours. That is messed up. Talk about rbbing the wound some more.

Good luck and you know we're here we got your back

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to Ms.Schwiet

Pamelalynne, I hope that all goes well with your son. Everyone is right. I have a niece that lives with her dad. After her mom & dad's divorce, he took her and wouldn't let my sister see her any more. My sister would call and try to go by their house to see her, but he and his new wife (who was also his mistress) would tell her to leave and never come back. They had several sets of divorce papers drawn up and she wouldn't agree to them for various reasons. His lawyer (who happens to be his cousin) drew up papers and ran an ad in the newspaper saying that he couldn't find her and he got his divorce by default or something. Anyway, my niece really despices her dad for keeping her away from her mother for 3yrs! If you pray to God to give you a sign, he'll lead you in the right direction. Good luck. I'll keep you and your son in my prayers. Have a great weekend!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• Pamelalynne Said:

My ex and I broke up last year after being together for 6 1/2 years. 3 months later after we break up, he's already married and going to afghan. He called out of the blue (since nathans last birthday (June 20th), has only called 3 times) and never wrote to him, nothing. But anyways, he's coming back from afghan. He wants me to put nathan on an airplane by ***himself*** and let him visit my ex in texas!!! (Stationed in ft. hood tx)

He's like "Well, nathan is old enough to travel on a plane by himself!" Um...he's 3 1/2 about to be 4!!!! Then he was like "Well, If you don't like that Idea, what about my mom taking him to come see me?" First of all, they havent seen nathan since september of 08. Nathan goes crazy, balling his eyes out if I, my mom or my dad leaves the room.

I want nathan to see his father, but I will not let him go see him by himself or with the grandma who doesn't even know him! I know that he has 30 days of leave after he comes back, why can't he come to florida and see him himself. You know what he tells me? "They won't let me come down to florida...meaning the army won't let me come."

Oh, and his new wife was my best friend from highschool. Now she is the one calling all the time saying "Since I am nathan's stepmother, I have a right to see him, and to talk to him!" Umm...no, you don't.

What should I do girls?

What a tough spot to be in! I think it's always best to act in the best-interest of the child. I think 3 is way too young to travel by himself (just think of all the screaming 3-year olds on planes WITH their parents!). It doesn't seem fair that your son should have to travel with strangers, either (the grandparents). I would request that the dad come out to visit DS, but as you said, he's not allowed to. As for the new "step mom", OMGosh! Talk about putting the child last. It sounds like she would rather frighten the child just to see and talk to him. I think whatever choice you make, it needs to be one that your son is comfortable with. Sure, it's important that he have a relationship with his father, but it seems to me that it should be his father who has to be challenged and inconveniced, and not the child! Your son isn't the one who moved out and remarried. He shouldn't be incovenienced or frightened by your ex's choices.

OK...getting off my soapbox now, lol! Good luck with this!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to crafty mom of 5

Kudos to all here. I think you all have given out lots of great advice and have great stories to share. As I sit back and read, I'm very impressed. It's nice to know that there are so many sweet and caring people ouy there.

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne

Thank you ladies for your advice. I am just going to have to grit my teeth, and let him see nathan. As much as I hate my ex, I do not want my son to hate me because I kept him away from his father.
Thanks ladies!!!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-05-09 03:15 PM

glad to hear everyone is doing ok--thinking of you all!! hope everyone has a blessed weekend!!

jeni0071
Pro
jeni0071
In response to zrock

Just stopping by to check in...:) Any one have any scrapping plans? I'm always hopeful, every weekend, to get some scrappin' time in. My DH is working all weekend, so we'll see. Hope all of you have a great weekend!
Jeni

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to jeni0071

Happy Dance...summer vacation has started!!! Yes I will be scrapping. My son has a few parties to be at tomorrow, but after that I am going to be knee deep in scrap. I just moved all my supplies and my desk to the garage so I can scrap in one location. Unfortunately it's the garage but at least it's all in one place. My recent family page is done so I'll upload it tomorrow. Happy weekend to all

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-06-09 05:52 AM

happy dance for you not for me I am still in school even if the kids aren't. but it is still going to be fun!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

Check out the front page...I finally got a recent pic done so I added them and Jennifer's family to the front page. Plus I also add added a little summary about the topics we shared.

jeni0071
Pro
jeni0071

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
Kudos to all here. I think you all have given out lots of great advice and have great stories to share. As I sit back and read, I'm very impressed. It's nice to know that there are so many sweet and caring people ouy there.

Well said. I totally agree. I feel like I could come here to "friends" and seek some sincere support and/or advice!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-07-09 04:21 AM
In response to jeni0071

jci

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

So quiet here....I hope that means everyones busy scrapping and will have lots to share.

We're starting our fantasy football draft today so my house will be busy. I got up early and prepared most of the food. I hope they won't think it's rude when I sneak away betweeen my picks and scrap.

I'm adding all the parts to the lo i did yesterday, but I dreamed of a shamu's tail so I'll have to add and make that. I may have extras so if anyones intrested in a shamu tail just hollar and I'll mail it out to you. I'll post what it looks like later, but you have to love when you dream up an idea.

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 06-07-09 06:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-07-09 06:27 AM

you go girl dreaming about shamu tails--my dreams not really about shamu--jk I know what you mean about having an idea in your head and thinking to yourself I can't wait to get up and scrap--haha yeah fantasy football the dh doesnt get into it so we dont play but I wish he did!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

Fantasy football sure makes watching the games more interesting. I only watched to see my favorite team like the bucs and aside from a few good years I don’t have much to cheer for so fantasy changed that. One moment I’m rooting for the offense to get down the field so far then I have to switch and cheer for the defense because if they hold the offense to a field goal and it’s a long one my kicker gets points. Sure makes it crazy.

Anyway here’s my project and the last thing is the shamus tail…if someone wants one just hollar I made two extras. I got carried away.

Sharing Shamu Moments page 1 By Ms.Schwiet

Sharing Shamu Moments 2 By Ms.Schwiet

Whale Tail & Splash
By Ms.Schwiet

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne

Hey ladies!
How are we this beautiful sunday?! And with that said, it is finally sunny! lol

Guess what?! I just got done with my son's 2005-2006 & 2007-2008 scrapbooks. My bom for 2005-2008 is ALSO done!!!!
I need to go get 2 more scrapbooks. I'll be going to wally-world

Are you talking about video game fantasy football or REAL football? I am not a huge fan of football, but if its a true story football movie, I will watch!!! Love football movies!

Love the shamu layouts!!!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-07-09 10:15 AM

omg girlfriend you dont' like football--I love to watch football--sometimes I think I get into more than my dh---I told him you got lucky boy cuz aint too many girls that would always organize a bbq for a football and tell you to invite the boyz over--hahaha!! we get very competitive too with my ex because he is from denver. We send each other texts messages when dallas and denver are playing! which reminds me I need to change my work schedule so I have sundays off for the games!!

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex
In response to zrock

I find myself laughing at your posts, my life is what i'd describe chaos. I have 2 boys aged 7 & 4. 2 Blk labrador retrievers. My DH joined the navy at the beginning of March and is currently in training at the other end of the country. We have been married for 7yrs next mth together for 10yrs in Dec. I got married when i was 19 when my oldest was about 6mths old. I only work 15hrs a week but between hopping buses to and from work & school i just can't find the time to sit down and do anything for me.
Scrapping is a rarity even setting myself goals for motivation isn't getting me very far. Housework is a no go area i wash like im addicted to soap powder but never iron it or put it away. Every other chore gets done whenever i get round to it. I spend my days off trying to catch up on everything and promise myself i'll do a little everyday so i might just might get one of my days off to myself sometime. But alas it is not to be.

Don't get me started on my kids. They are an absolute nightmare but i love every inch of them. My 7yr old thinks he 17. Has just started karate lessons and already thinks he's Bruce Lee. He has behavioural issues that we have yet to label. At the best he is described as suffering from stress and anxiety issues. He is very hard to handle at times and very frustrating. We are currently working on bed wetting and are starting to see some improvements over the last 6 mths or so. My 4yr old is very shy but since i put him into nursery all day is starting to come out of his shell a lot. He is currently working on potty training too. He hates to sit on the toilet and is currently going through a phase of holding himself all day at school until he comes home then his stomach is so upset he cannot hold it anymore, which is rather embarassing but we are just having to get on with it.

My grandmother had 7 children and was often heard saying if the pill had been invented in her day she wouldn't have had any lol. Somedays i think to myself maybe she had a point.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-07-09 03:40 PM
In response to xAlysonex

gosh somedays are just like that for most it seems everyday!! just gotta take a deep breathe and remind yourself that you are blessed regardless of the chaos around you --cuz girl I know it let me tell you when all the kids are home and the bring their friends over I am not kidding we have literally had up to 10 --18-21 yr olds, 3--10-11 yr olds, 3--4-6 yr olds and the baby!! gil and just go to our room put the tv and wait to see who comes in with what story we thank god that our house is sturdy and try not to stress over the mess that we know for sure will be there in the morning that we will pick up because our kids only half did it--hahaha but you are right I wouldnt have it any other way!!

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne
In response to zrock

lol...
xAlysonex, welcome! What is your name so I don't call you by your screen name all the time.

Don't even get me started. I know how you feel and I only have ONE child. My son has energy from sun up to sun down and its crazy over here half the time. He has a little screaming problem, but my mom said I used to have one too. lol
But I love the crazyness! lol

Nope, sorry hun...not really a football fan. I mean, I just don't get guys running around trying to get a ball, wearing very tight spandix (spelling right?!) but hey, I'll watch the butts!
I do like watching the superbowl though.

UGH...tomorrow starts 10 hour shifts for me!!! Yay, I mean, at least I am getting paid! I hope I'll be on just to check in tomorrow.

Edited by Pamelalynne on 06-07-09 04:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 4 of 603 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics