Page 5 of 602 
Username Post: Working Mom Seeking an S 4 chest and a cape        (Topic#1505357)
Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to xAlysonex

Welcome Alison...I have one wish for you and all may you find time for your pleasures in life. Curious....where do you call home? No, not where are you stationed.

Pamelalynne my pleasure is fantasy football. You pick between several friends a few positions of real football players and you get points if they play well on any given Sunday...wait they play Mondays now and Saturday and some Thursday. It keeps us busy and when we got to a sports bar with multiple TV's I feel like I'm at a tennis match with the back and forth.

Zandra your man did luck out with the BBQ during game days. I'll tell you what you come here for the first game so you can put your feet up and enjoy the games with the boys and I'll be at your house for the Super Bowl!

Now I'm a day behind on my scrap goal, but I went nuts joining challenges because I was on the computer "checking fantasy stats" or so they thought. Instead of scrapping I played on SB.com yesterday.

Remember I threw the gauntlet down...your most "recent" family photos. Mines only going on 2 years old and it didn't include the girls

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to xAlysonex

• xAlysonex Said:
I find myself laughing at your posts, my life is what i'd describe chaos. I have 2 boys aged 7 & 4. 2 Blk labrador retrievers. My DH joined the navy at the beginning of March and is currently in training at the other end of the country. We have been married for 7yrs next mth together for 10yrs in Dec. I got married when i was 19 when my oldest was about 6mths old. I only work 15hrs a week but between hopping buses to and from work & school i just can't find the time to sit down and do anything for me.
Scrapping is a rarity even setting myself goals for motivation isn't getting me very far. Housework is a no go area i wash like im addicted to soap powder but never iron it or put it away. Every other chore gets done whenever i get round to it. I spend my days off trying to catch up on everything and promise myself i'll do a little everyday so i might just might get one of my days off to myself sometime. But alas it is not to be.

Don't get me started on my kids. They are an absolute nightmare but i love every inch of them. My 7yr old thinks he 17. Has just started karate lessons and already thinks he's Bruce Lee. He has behavioural issues that we have yet to label. At the best he is described as suffering from stress and anxiety issues. He is very hard to handle at times and very frustrating. We are currently working on bed wetting and are starting to see some improvements over the last 6 mths or so. My 4yr old is very shy but since i put him into nursery all day is starting to come out of his shell a lot. He is currently working on potty training too. He hates to sit on the toilet and is currently going through a phase of holding himself all day at school until he comes home then his stomach is so upset he cannot hold it anymore, which is rather embarassing but we are just having to get on with it.

My grandmother had 7 children and was often heard saying if the pill had been invented in her day she wouldn't have had any lol. Somedays i think to myself maybe she had a point.

Alison, I think this is every mother's problem. It is hard to try and keep up with all of the stuff that we do. I used to be very anal about house work and keeping my house "spotless". I used to spend all of my spare time cleaning everything in my house. It seemed that I was missing out with my kids...they were growing up and I was there, but I was missing it! I met a wonderful lady who I worked with, who happened to have 4 children. She really taught me a lot about slowing down and taking time to spend with my children. I had to let go of some of the cleaning habits that I had. I learned that the cob webs will be there tomorrow, but that my kids are only little for just this once. You don't get a "do over". My house is not spotless any longer. It is lived in. It's a hard thing to do at first, but you'll find that you need time to unwind in order to take better care of your family, you need to take better care of yourself. Good luck and welcome!

Football! I only watch college football. I love watching Alabama football! My husband thinks it's funny, because I get more into it than he does! FUNNY!

I hope that all you ladies had a great weekend! We took the kids to the lake. We had a blast!

Stacey, I'm still trying to get my crew together for a current family photo. Maybe this weekend?!?

Have a great week ladies!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-08-09 11:36 AM
In response to crafty mom of 5

ok I will work on something but mind you it will only have a few of the kids not all of them but maybe I can get 5 into them I know gabs wont be in it because she is in colorado w her dad. well see.

have a good day everyone!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

Alright Pamelalynne just wanna hear how the ten went. Glad to be getting paid I’m sure, but that cuts into family and scrap time.

Michell, I have a buddy that has this belief that God gives everyone so much energy and it cannot be recharged and we use most of it up in childhood. He sounds like a very “normal” 18 month old. That reminds me I want a nap. Why do kids hate them and adults love them? Why high schoolers question their loss of nap time. I remind them we have statewide testing with boring stories you’re sure to get a nap then. Also no matter how much baby proofing you do they get into something.

Amy a ‘Bama fan…oh no I’m a Buckeye in Gator country. I’m considering fantasy college football, but there are SO many players and I think between fantasy baseball, football, and NASCAR I’m set. I do have one heck of a virtual trophy room. That’s as close as I get to computer games, Alison. I hear there are some that are very addictive. I have a BIL that rarely leaves his house thanks to World of War craft.

Zandra I have faith that you’ll come up with something. I keep signing up for more and more challenges finding you there. Now you just have to get your own version of a “recent” family photo into one.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-08-09 02:10 PM
In response to Ms.Schwiet

my own version---hahaha that would be like going to the dollar and pulling out one of those fake pics--will that work?? just kidding. I am going to work on it dont worry!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

I'm going with a very loose interpretation of the word "recent"

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne
In response to zrock

Hey ladies!
OMG...My legs are hurting (I know why though...I gained weight!!!) All we did today was move elementry desks onto the tile so we can "wash the floors" by ourselfs, and take out the trash! Tomorrow I have off (For some odd reason!) but then working 10 hour shifts on wed, thurs. We work 10 hour shifts so we can have a 3 day weekend! yay.

I am not a football fan, but I am a NASCAR fan!!! Now we are talking!!!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-08-09 03:55 PM
In response to Pamelalynne

well I can say this--a pic of most of the kids is all I know Ihave I have been trying for last couple of years to get them ALL to take a pic --well I will see what I have.....

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex
In response to zrock

I have been making an effort to slow down lately esp. since my DH went away for his training. My problem is i try to get loads done so i can have a decent amount of time for myself & by the time im finished everything is back to square one & i seem to end up with even less time for me. Lastnight i told myself to just iron what i needed for today I was determined i was going to scrap for at least an hour before bed. The kids wouldn't settle, then my DH called to say goodnight, the MIL dropped in 'she was just passing' & I kept on ironing & got into the i may aswell finish it mode. I realised it was 11:30pm and wondered where the night had gone so i just unplugged the iron and walked away telling myself it'll still be there tomorrow. I watched a movie before bed and it was nice to relax a little but now i feel tired because the movie didnt finish til after 1am.

As for family pics I don't think i have a pic with the 4 of us on at all. I will have to work on it. We had our photo taken for a newspaper artical at DHs passing out parade last month i wonder if i can get my hands on a copy of it. The photographer said we were his 'happy family' shot.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to xAlysonex

Funny Alison how you had a plan but it was spoiled. I think your at least getting into the right frame of mind...I must get more "me" time stuff done. I hope all my friends and family know if they "pop in" I won't entertain. They are welcome, but I will keep scrapping or finishing whatever chore I'm doing. In fact, my mom now just grabs towels and helps me fold clothes or she'll grab a towel and dry dishes. Now to think how I can get her to help with the scrapping.

Alrighty then...Pamelalynn who's your driver? I loved Edwards ever since I saw him bare chested in Men's Health. DAMN!!!! After the big crash he was in and he ran across the finish my love deepened. Next he invited all those injured at his expense to the next race, my DH2B knows that Edwards and Robin Williams are on my list. you know the list...the one's from the "Friends" show.

Doesn't it suck how your own body begins to defeat itself when you gain weight? You get tired easier so you work out less (or none) which just adds to the problem. Also if you do work out it hurts more in the end so you are less likely to work out that hard.

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 06-09-09 04:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne

I don't have much time to make a big update, just wanted to let y'all know I have my family photo posted, but since I do have 2 stalkers on here (my ex and his wife stalk me!) I had to make the photos kinda private "bestfriend" mode. If you add me to your friends list, I will add you to my bestfriends list so you can see the photos of me and nathan (more than one!)
Thanks ladies!!!

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh

This sounds like a wild thread! I'm going to go back and read the old posts and probably laugh my arse off.

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to mom2lfh

OK it took me that long to read the thread because I'm at work. I get my most quality personal computer time when I'm on the job. I would say "don't tell my boss" but I figure he already knows by now.

My name is Connie...I am a 38-yr-old mother of 2 girls...Lindsey is 7 and McKenzie will be 4 in 6 days. I live in Waco, Texas (no, I'm not a Davidian) with my husband of 10 years. We have one dog, Minnie (a Jack Russel Terror) and a fat, lazy cat named CJ. DH is a stay-at-home-dad (which is not exactly all it's cracked up to be), and I bring home the bacon. I am a pharmacist and I work about 50 hours per week dealing drugs (legally of course).
My only vices are scrapping, Prince, and my beloved Texas Longhorns!!! Hook 'em!!!! Sadly I don't have very much time to devote to any of them.
I have learned since I joined this site that I really know very little about scrapping as a hobby and I learn something new practically every day. I have also learned that my best motivation for getting LOs done is a deadline. So I have recently started signing up for challenges.

As for the potty arena, my youngest just finally became what I consider completely potty trained 2 months ago. (her bedroom smells like pee and it's a little embarrassing. No, it's a lot embarrassing). And, quite frankly, it has gotten to the point where I can't personally use the bathroom unless there are some little fingers sticking under the door. My bladder just won't work without them. LOL

Sorry this is so long. I'm sure I've forgotten something I wanted to mention.

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne
In response to mom2lfh

Welcome connie!!

I know what you mean...nathan is in the bathroom with me ALL THE TIME and he always asks "Mama, are you going poo-poo?" lol. Even in public bathrooms he's always asking what I am doing...it gets embarrising sometimes because he is starting to ask the question over, and over, and over again!!!

My all time favorite driver is Dale Earnhart. His son is good, but he isn't like his dad.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Welcome Connie. I'll be back later to really get updated here. My son is finally motivated to go out to the springs or beach well see which direction the car takes us in. I hope its the beach I need shells for my next layout. Regardless I must be way to bored with only two days of my vacation because I'm starting another challenge. Check it out if you would like. If you need deadlines, Connie (like me), this one is the 10th of July. It's about saving money when scrapping. Here's the Link .
Besides Zandra needed one more challenge enter. JK of course.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-09-09 11:14 AM

hahaha very funny stacey--like I need another challege--not sure what I can do with the new one but I will try--

hi connie I live in San Antonio I am a L&D nurse--I too bring home the bacon. and I had a room like that at one time I bought new mattresses and decided that until I knew for sure that there would be no accidents the mattresses all have covers on them this way I only have to wipe down the cover with bleach or some other STRONG cleaner--

pamelalynne and stacey--sorry guys just no racing in our familia--not a big thing for us occassionally will take a peak if on espn but just a peak.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to zrock

Welcome Connie! How funny that you say that you are a "legal drug dealer". My friend has a doctrate in Pharmacy and that is the exact same thing that I told her! LOL! She used to work in a pharmacy, but now she teaches at a pharmacy school.

Connie, I'm with Zandra on the bedwetting thing. My twins are 4 and we haven't quite mastered the night time control, yet. Their beds have the vinyl mattress covers on them so that I simply have to wipe them down really well if we have an accident.

My oldest son, Hunter, loves Dale Earnhardt, Jr. His baseball number is...you guessed it...88! All 3 of my boys share a room. Their room is decorated with a NASCAR theme. One wall is even black & white checker. The other 3 walls are black. Their bunk beds are red! My husband likes Tony Stewart. I personally don't see the fascination with wathcing the guys drive around in a circle, but I still find myself watching with my husband on Sundays. Actually I watch a little and nap a lot. LOL!

I have found that the deadlines for the challenges help me to get more things done as well. I have entered a few and I am enjoying it soooooo much! I just LOVE this site! I have found so much inspiration here. I had been out of the scrapbooking loop for quite a while when I stumbled upon this site and I was motivated to get back to it! It has been great! There are so many wonderful ladies on here that are so very talented and so helpful if you have any questions. I have met some really nice people on here.

Anyway, I'm rambling...again! Have a great week ladies!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-09-09 12:55 PM
In response to crafty mom of 5

here is my lo!!!

my crazy family By Zrock

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to zrock

My journal page By Mom2lfh

This is the "about me" page I did for the circle journal I'm participating in.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to mom2lfh

Yippy I have pics for page one.

Longhorn huh??? Well Connie, I must show my respects that’s a great team. It’s just not an SEC team. I like what you do to get LO’s done sign up and try to stick to the deadlines. Glad to see your going to try to join the spend less challenge. I think we do cost cutting techniques with each layout and sometimes don’t even notice. Like now I’m using sand paper to make sand castles. I get like 15 sheets for $1. That’s a saving from regular card stock. With a bed wetter in house I know about that weird smell that lingers in their room. That cracked me about how your bladder functions.

Ha, ha, ha, Pamelalynne that was you beside me the other day in the public potty with the young child doing a play by play of their mom’s potty actions. I hear what you’re saying about Earnhart. He brought a lot of fans to the race. I was hoping for a much better year for JR when he got away from his stepmom. He sure does need a win. He’s my son’s favorite driver.

Zandra I’m only into racing because of the DH2B. One bad thing about our camping trip was the 4 hours we sit in the bar to watch a race form beginning to end. I can’t sit and watch ANYTHING that long. I need a computer, scrapbook stuff, a book, or even a remote to occasionally change the channel. I totally hear you, Amy, the occasional nap is the best way to get through a race.

Have a great day all…Ugggh doctor appointments are the order of the day for us :-(

Page 5 of 602 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics