Username Post: Working Mom Seeking an S 4 chest and a cape        (Topic#1505357)
crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to cutencrafty

Hi ladies!

Anna, Happy Birthday! I hope that you had a great day!

Michelle, if you like chili, you'll like taco soup.

I got a jump start on my Christmas shopping this weekend! I almost have the little boys' shopping done. I have to get Forest 1 more gift and then get the both of them a bike. I bought Brittany a Monster High karoke machine and Monster High text messengers.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to crafty mom of 5

Oh yuck I don't like chili either, lol.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Hello ladies how is all.

Thanks Michelke but things might be looking up just keeping the faith.

I have not even started Christmas Shopping yet.

By the way myself and Imelda is hosting a Christmas swap if anyone is interested its in the secreat pal sub forum

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to babigirl

Christmas shopping? Not even a blip on the radar yet! I remember many years ago when I was all done by August and wrapped by October . . . gone are those days!

Michelle, there are lots of parts of MA that are pretty great to visit -- depends on what you want to see and what time of year you come. I've never been to the Vineyard, but I hear it is very nice. I've been to the Cape many times, and that's a great place for summer vacation with the kids. There's always lots to do with them. However, if you go down in September/October, there really isn't anything at all to do. I like to go to the beach in the fall so we sometimes go down there or up to Maine for a fall beach weekend.

If you're in Mass. in the fall, Salem is a great place to visit with all the history of the witch trials.

Boston is a great historical place to see. There's the Freedom Trail to follow that takes you along all the points in Boston that were instrumental in the American Revolution. It starts at Boston Common and ends with the Constitution tall ship. There are also some preserved homes along the way.

And while you're in Boston, the North End is a fabulous place to browse and fill up on awesome Italian food! It's just a short walk from Quincy Market which is also a fun place to sight see and shop (and eat). If you're there in the summer, the Duck Tours are a must. They are these cool buses that are shaped like ducks that take you on a tour of Boston and then they pull up their wheels and sprout wings and go across the water. It's pretty cool.

And there's this great little town 5 miles west of Boston called Waltham. It is the home of the Industrial Revolution -- not much to see, but that's where I live and I'd love to see you if you came this way!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to provinca

here is the link if anyone is interested in the swap

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15819...

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to babigirl

Hi ladies. Off to work on a project.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to Ms.Schwiet

Anna, thanks for all the info, the Duck Bus sounds like fun and also that town Waltham it would be great to meet. To visit up that way is on my list of things to do one day.

Shatema, thanks for the invite to your swap. I'm just all caught up on swaps and told myself I wouldn't join anymore for awhile. I think I need a break from them so I can focus on doing layouts again.

I think I might be out of jail for like a day!!! yay! I'll find out tomorrow.

I got all my spiders made they came out cute.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Michelle I am glad you got all your spiders made and I understand taking a break from swaps. How is your grandma doing?

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 10-24-12 05:21 PM
In response to babigirl

happy bday anna and michelle you will be receiving some goodies soon! they will go out in the mail on friday so be on the lookout.

I really miss you guys hope you are all doing fine

thanks for the recipe I am going to try it out next week. I do not like the cold brrrr yucky!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to zrock

Shatema, thanks for asking my grandmother is still hanging in there. She is getting weaker again, though.

Hi,Zandra!!!

Yay!!! I'm out of jail for today and tomorrow in the afternoons. I feel like I won the lottery, lol.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Hi Zandra

Michelle sorry to hear she is getting weak again

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to babigirl

I have another jail free afternoon! Plus, my work is going to be closed Monday and Tuesday because this big storm we are soppose to be getting. Hopefully it won't amount to anything too bad. They are calling it Frankenstorm.

Anna, are they predicting you'll get this storm up your way?

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 10-26-12 11:38 AM

we have had rain all day long--ugh!!

michelle keeping you and your family in our prayers

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to zrock

Thanks, Zandra.

They are saying 10+ inches of rain a nor'easter with a hurricane (why did I go onto weather.com)! uggg. Atleast this time I'm prepared with flash lights, extra batteries,water, and lighters to light the stove.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

There are predicting astorm here to 6-9 inches

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to babigirl

Michelle, they're predicting lots of rain and wind, but from what I saw on the news tonight, it's still uncertain which way it will go. Depending on the speed of it and whether it coincides with a warm front that's coming from the west, we could be in for a real doozie! I heard earlier that the eye was going to make landfall in New Jersey so please stay safe!! Hopefully they're wrong and it won't go there!!

Stacey, have you gotten much from the storm? How about you Amy???

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 10-26-12 03:06 PM
In response to babigirl

ugh!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to zrock

We have had beautiful weather in the 70's the last few days. I haven't watched the weather lately. I don't watch the news because it is depressing.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 10-27-12 04:01 PM
In response to crafty mom of 5

I am in dallas for a cowboys game and I a freezing but its fun plus the alcohol helps lol hope you are all having a good weekend ttyl

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

So wanted to hit the like button on your jail free day, Michelle. Zandra cowboys sounds awesome. All of you expected the storm good luck. We had a cool dry few days. It seem the storm sucked all our moisture away.

Today is Dallas's birthday!!!! He'll be two. I had no heart to plan a party. I don't know what to expect from dad so why plan and get trapped at a party if he shows with a girlfriend. Hubby's sister in law loves cake making and party planning so she's putting something together. If dad can't respect my weak heart I can escape.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics