Username Post: Working Mom Seeking an S 4 chest and a cape        (Topic#1505357)
crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to cutencrafty

Michelle, I know how you feel about some work places feeling like jail. The last place that I worked was that way! I really do love my new job, though. I love the people that I work with and my little residents are just as sweet as pie!

Michelle, sorry about your babies getting hurt. Boys are like that though. I have 3 of those type critters! LOL!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to crafty mom of 5

I've been pinteresting away,now I have too many ideas of things I want to create.

Life is so much better when you love your job.

I walked on the treadmill last night lets hope it continues.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Ugh, just having a bad day. I think I should just go home and go to bed. Maybe tomorrow will be better. It's just one of those days my brain is feeling frazzled, I'm just feeling way to sensitive like I'm going to burst out crying any second, and it's a dreary winter doldrum day. Yeah, I think I should just go to bed but I can't not for many more hours.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Michelle, I hope that today will be a brighter day for you, sweetie!

It rained "crickets and frogs" here yesterday. It actually helped me get to sleep, though. It was yucky to drive in.

I ordered some cute Hello Kitty dies off of ebay. I can't wait for them to come in! I have a sweet coworker that loves Hello Kitty. I may make her something cute. Briana is also a big Hello Kitty fan.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Thanks, Amy! Have you seen that K&company Smash books now has a Hello Kitty line. I saw it the other day and thought of you.

So far I'm feeling better today.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Well, I was feeling better until I realized I still have no money after getting paid. Something just isn't right here. Seriously, how do they expect people to live- they keep taking more money out of our paychecks, making us pay more for health insurance, and meanwhile the small little raises that we get, do not equal amount of money that things go up in cost.

I can't wait till spring and my husband starts to caddie again.

I don't know yesturday like I find out my brother is going to Jamaica next month and a girl at work is having a baby any day now. So I went to the store to buy her something and got sad because I don't have babies anymore nor a little girl to buy cute girly things for. And I've been dying to go on vacation but can't afford to I've been saving but at this rate I'm not getting too far. It's not really jealously but like I feel like my days of looking forward to stuff ended. You like go through a period where you fall in love go out all the time, then you get engaged plan the wedding/honeymoon, then you have babies, then what???? I guess that's where I am now at it's just plain old life and do just enough to get to the next day and to the next. I hope I'm making sense. Have any of you ever felt like this? I'd talk to my husband about it but I highly doubt he'd get it and really don't have anyone else to talk to.

You are all probably wishing I was back in the jail like office so I didn't have so much time to type, lol.

provinca
Mayor
provinca

Michelle, honey, you're not alone! I think every young mother has been there at some point (unless they married very wealthy and had a nanny! LOL) I remember those days very well! My kids always had new clothes because they outgrew them at lightning speed, and I always just recycled my old clothes trying to make them look new again. My kids were always involved in sports and dance, yet I didn't have the "extra" money for a manicure. Vacations were always "family vacations" (and modest ones!) and there was never enough money for weekend get-aways. Kids are tiring, and they're alot of work and when you do have some free time, you're just to pooped to go on a date with your husband or do something you want to do (and after you figure in the cost of a babysitter, it seems like such an extravagance!)

My job went through a period of financial garbage and we didn't even get a cost of living raise for 8 years and we were so very underpaid. But the economy was tough, the hours were perfect, and I stayed there. Thank God things are getting better and we're beginning to get more benefits. Thankfully dh has always had a decent job and has his side landscaping business, so we always managed to get the bills paid, but we didn't save a whole lot of money during that stretch.

I took over the bills and the budget and made some extreme decisions, and we've pulled through it. I still make sure I "pay" myself first when I get paid (once a month!) and that money goes straight into savings for our future; I give us an allowance for the month, and when it's gone, it's gone. I stopped doing my grocery shopping with my debit card. Now I take money out at the beginning of the month and pay for my groceries with cash (and lots of coupons!). It's amazing how much more careful you are with what you buy when you know that that's the grocery budget for the entire month! It takes a lot of discipline, but the rewards are so worth it. It may take a bit to see any rewards, but you will.

Hang in there! Before you know it, you'll be where I am -- one year away from an empty nest!! It's something I'm a little uneasy with, but I'll adjust to that too I suppose!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to provinca

Anna those are amazing life goals

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Michelle u could always have another one

Edited by babigirl on 01-10-13 06:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Sandra congrats on being a grandma

Muchelle sorry about the lump and black eye

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Michelle I hope u r feeling better

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to babigirl

Anna, thanks so much for sharing! I really appreciate it, hugs! From what I hear from other empty nesters that they do get used to it.

I hope to get some scrappy/craft time this weekend. I think I should be able to.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Michelle, I've been right where you are too. Raising kids is a tough job...if you do it right. I used to have to do everything by myself. Danny used to work so much that he hardly knew what was going on with the kids. When I started working full time, I felt guilty for leaving the kids all day. I know how you feel...it's almost like you get so engrossed in your life with the kids, that you forget who you are. I know that's how I feel. I am looking back on how I have changed as a person and am asking myself "when did that happen?". I think that I need to borrow some of Anna's life goals!

I got to stay home last night. I didn't know until the last minute though. Another RN needed the money and agreed to work my shift. So the assistant director of nursing gave her the OK. I am off this weekend. I am planning on cleaning and reorganizing my scrap room so that I can work on some projects. I haven't scrapped in such a long time! I want to change my scrapping habits. I need to scrap more!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 01-12-13 09:04 PM

hi guys

michelle I am with the other girls too it does happen to everyone and you will be ok sometimes you just have to step back and look at all you do have and not focus on what you dont have. I have to remind myself sometimes that even though the kids are nonstop talking and I dont have a quiet moment truth is one day I will miss that so i am going to enjoy now even if it kills my nerves lol.
I was working all the time I dont knw ifyou remember but I hardly had time to be on here but now make sure to take time out to just watch tv with the kids. we dont really vacation much I am trying to do a disney trip this year but it is so on a low budget that I am already planning on how to take in all the food so I dont have to purchase anything there. the kids recycle clothes etc... I will say this---when you feel like your getting in a low spot or you think of all the things you want to do but cant at the moment remember that god has a plan and even if you cant see it right now there is a good reason why those things arnt happening.

not sure I made you feel worse or better but we are here for you always and dont forget one day when I win the lottery we are all going on vacation!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to zrock

Zandra, lol- you didn't make me feel worse, it helped!

Amy, a good scrapping habit to change.

I did some organizing this weekend got rid of my platic container mess, cleaned off my scrap/craft table, and got the laundry under control once again!

Me and my younger son made a cake together he loves to cook, he practically made it all by himself (it was just a box cake) he emptied the mix, cracked open the eggs, added the water and oil (after I measured them out)and he mixed it all up. He said when he is a Daddy he is going to make cakes for his babies.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Ugh, my goldfish took a hike. opps. I put some alge control drops in the tank because no matter what I couldn't get the water clear it was always full of algae. Well, I guess the fish liked it that way.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Awwwww, Michelle, that is so sweet! He will cherish that memory forever!

I got my scrap room cleaned and organized...finally. I even got a little crafting done. I plan to scrap a layout on Thursday when I am off of work. I need to get some other things done for a couple of swaps that I am in too.

I have a new addiction...Pinterest! I have seen some of the cutest things on there! I can't wait to try some of them!!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Yes, Amy Pinterest is addicting, lol! I haven't created anything from it yet but have made some of the recipes I've found off of there.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

I am going to make a holder for my paints that I found on Pinterest. I will upload a photo when I get it finished.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Looking forward to seeing it.

I have to think of something to get my FIL for his birthday I need it for Saturday. I have no ideas I used them all up for Christmas.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics