Username Post: Working Mom Seeking an S 4 chest and a cape        (Topic#1505357)
cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to babigirl

Oh my fish! I should just give it up, lol. So it's been a couple of weeks since my goldfish died and the tank was sitting there empty so I thought lets get another fish. So me and the kids went to the store yesturday and bought a fish and small frog well less than 24 hours later the fish is ummmm aaa floating...I guess we'll be going back to the fish store.

Shatema, a retreat sounds like fun but unless I win the lottery I have no extra money for a trip.

Amy, did you get any scrapping done?

That job that I was contemplating about it finally was posted so I applied for it last night, so I guess we'll see. I think my chances are pretty good. I know one girl who is also applying for it I think she's my only competition but it's ok if she gets it because then I'll apply for her job because I really like the department she works in. So either way if all goes as planned the outlook is good. I know there's like 3 people from the jail like office applying too but they don't have the expeirenc of working in the office like me and the other girl. But who knows!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to babigirl

I only have a few of the cubes from Michael's. I am planning to add to my collection, though. I got 2 of the paper holder ones with the dividers. I got 2 of the ones with the 3 drawers and then 2 of the ones that hang on the wall with the 9 cubbies. They just make things look so nice and clutter free. There is so much that I want to redo in my scrappy space, but I have to come up with some inexpensive way to do it.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to crafty mom of 5

Oh, I just saw your post, Michelle. Sorry about the goldfish. I didn't get any scrapping done. I did finish 1 of the swaps that I needed to get finished. I am hopeful that I will have time to scrap on Thursday when I'm off work. I really need to finish another project for my sister's SIL.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Those organizer things from Michaels are nice!

I don't know if I was dreaming or what but at like 2:50am I heard someone knocking at my door. I laid in bed for like a minute thinking who would that be then I was like I better get up and look maybe my neighbor needed help but I looked and no one was there- strange!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to cutencrafty

I've Pinteresting and getting too many ideas, not a good thing.

I have an interview for that job. Eekk I'm a nervous wreck about it. I don't know why. I work in the office and know most of the stuff.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Ugh, I went on the interview and like usual I stunk at it. I freeze up and the words just come out. I can do the work and he knows it. I think the only thing that might be against me is that the person that had this job was really firm/tough she let nothing get past her. Me I'm the total opposite nice/easy going. Oh well.

I wish there was a job here that required you to craft all day, lol.. that would be some dream job.

Wow, it's Feb. 1st already. Hopefully the ground hog won't see it's shadow tomorrow and spring will come early.

provinca
Mayor
provinca

Hi ladies! Michelle, don't beat yourself up -- if the interviewer knows you and the quality of your work, that will probably weigh heavier than the interview ... Good luck!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to provinca

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, Michelle!!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Thanks, but as the time goes by I've been talking myself out of the job. I'm like to the point of just telling him to take me out of the applicants to pick from. I don't know I really love my job I'm only going for this one so I don't get stuck in the jail like office for months. I'm giving myself a lot of anxiety over it.

We got some snow today it was just enough like 1 inch, lol.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 02-04-13 06:56 PM

hi guys good luck michelle
hope everyone is doing good

sending everyone hugs and good thoughts

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to zrock

Well, I bit the bullet and bought a new car on Monday. It is so cute too. I got an excellent price on the 2012 model Honda Civic because they were trying to move them off the lot. The interest over the term of the loan will be just under $500.00!! It is a 2 door model...which I'm not crazy about, but it's cute. It's silver. I am hoping to have it paid fot by this time next year.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Amy, yay on the new car. As long as it's cute that's all that matters- lol.

I think I'm withdrawing my application for that position. I do love my job, why take a job with more responsiblities and stress for no more money. When my job is pretty stress free.

My older son has kindergarten orientation this month!!!! My little baby is growing up ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I feel like it was just yesturday he was born and remember like it was yesturday waking up from the c-section at 11 o'clock at night and the nurse bringing him in to me for the first time to see and hold him.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

The weather guys are saying we are soppose to be getting a Nor'easter. I hope we don't!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Anna, are you snowed in yet?

It's a mess here icey rain and snow, yuck. We did get out of work early today though so that was a plus.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Michelle, Anna, I hope that you are both safe! Stay warm!!

I am off this weekend...and I can't wait! I think that my mom and sister are going to come over so that we can scrap a little. I am excited! I have gotten several new goodies lately that I haven't had the chance to play with yet.

provinca
Mayor
provinca

Yes, we got hit with a doozy! We had no school on Friday, and just found out my school is closed tomorrow as well -- a nice four day weekend! I could get used to this. Unfortunately, I seem to always cook and bake when I'm snowed it -- that could be dangerous for my girlish figure! LOL So far I made some homemade rye bread; a couple of homemade pizzas; a pot of pea soup; a pot of pasta and beans; a batch of corn muffins; a batch of bran muffins; a batch of cinnamon buns; a delicious steak dinner and a casserole of homeamde baked mac and cheese!

Congrats on the new car Amy!

Michelle, time sure does fly -- my baby just got her driver's license; is a junior in high school and we're starting the college journey with her! I'm soooo close to having an empty nest!

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to provinca

I am just glad to know that you are OK, Anna!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Wow, Anna you did cook alot!! enough to last the rest of the winter.

Time sure does fly this little boy I used to babysit for is now engaged when I watched him he was wearing diapers. Ugh, I'm getting old.

My husband got a temporary State job!! It's for a residential home inspector. With the Super Storm Sandy it was sad that so many homes were destroyed but it's given my husband a job. I hope and pray that this temporary job will lead to something permanent. That would be soooo nice. Today is his first day, hopefully all will go good.

provinca
Mayor
provinca

That's awesome about your husband's job Michelle!

My husband was on his way to work Sunday night -- in my car -- and a back hoe with a plow on it lost control and the plow, well, plowed into my car! Thankfully dh was wearing his seat belt and wasn't ejected from the car. The plow went through half of the driver door and demolished the entire back door, among loads of other damage! But I keep thanking God that dh wasn't hurt; the car can be fixed and it's all covered by insurance, so I'll focus on the positive!

I've had enough of winter; time for spring!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to provinca

Anna, how scary. Glad to hear your husband wasn't hurt.

Me too I'm ready for spring!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics