Username Post: Working Mom Seeking an S 4 chest and a cape        (Topic#1505357)
cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to babigirl

Happy Birthday Amy, I hope you're having a wonderful day!!! Enjoy!

Hi Shatems, how are you doing?

I tried to get an appointment with and ENT Dr. but I have to wait till Aug. I hate that I finally decide my throat thing has been bothering a lot and I should go to the Dr's for it but now I have to wait.

I'm trying to decide if I should get my engagment ring and wedding rings made bigger I'm trying to lose weight but it's a slow slow process. Slower than a snail, lol. I might be 80 years old by the time I can get them to fit again.

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex
In response to cutencrafty

Hello ladies

I hope you had fun on your birthday & enjoyed your day off. It is dh birthday on Thursday & our anniversary on Wednesday too.

Ted is a little monkey he is getting worse not better all he wants to do is climb & explore & be into absolutely everything!

I 'accidently' won a lovely new desk on ebay so now I just have to clear out the bedrooms & make some space to put it up I can't wait. It is back breaking working on the coffee table in the lounge. The orders are still coming in fast but there are a lot of charity donations for summer fetes etc...

I am also back to being assistant beaver leader again after taking a back seat last year during my pregnancy. They are losing all the volunteers & can't get enough kids involved it is sad.

I have spent the past couple of days doing the house work in the hope that I can get upstairs done by the weekend then I can get decorating in Ted's bedroom & my desk built. In between working in the garden I have cleared out my raised bed today of weeds as the new flowers are waiting to go into place. I also forgot to water the veggies & lost a lot of the seedlings Going to salvage what I can & get a belt ordered for the lawn mower so I can get the grass sorted out. DH bought a cast iron garden set on gumtree & is using his 3wks vacation to strip it back & sand it down & varnish it. It is looking good so far however, he spends more time in the garage than under my feet but maybe that's a good thing.

Edited by xAlysonex on 07-02-13 06:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to xAlysonex

Alyson, happy anniversary!! and happy birthday to your husband too! My kids are still getting into everything and they are 4 and 5.

I made an appointment with a different Dr. so I don't have to wait till Aug now I just have to wait a week that is much better.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Hi Alison! Happy Anniversary! Happy Birthday to the hubby too! It sounds like you are having a productive summer! I don't have a green thumb at all! I kill plants...the end! LOL!!

Michelle, I'm glad that you got an appointment that isn't so far away. I hope that you can find out what it is so that the pesky annoyance will go away.

I had a great birthday! We went to Hobby Lobby...my favorite place to go! I got 2 gift cards for Hobby Lobby for my birthday! I got a bunch of the Spare Parts embellishments and flowers for 50% off!! I was super stoked about that! I also got the 4th 12x12 scrapbooking frame that I needed for 50% off! We went out to eat at Jim 'N Nicks for lunch. I spent the whole day with my mom on Saturday. On Sunday, I just laid around and did nothing...I was too pooped from the day before! I had been up for over 24 hours by the time I got home. Danny took me to my favorite Chinese place for lunch on Monday. Me, Danny and the boys went to the drive in on Monday night to see World War Z and Man of Steel. They were both good.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to crafty mom of 5

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Fourth of July!!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Help me my son went insane!!!!!!!!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

How was everyone's 4th?

Mine was good bbq and fireworks.

I don't know what happened to my sweet little 4 year old he was totally crazy for atleast 2 hours driving me insane.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

My older son had a 102 fever yesturday he woke up with a 99 temperature today. Not sure what it is he had that rash then it went away then he started back with a rash it looked like prickley heat but then I wonder if it was 5th disease but the rash didn't look like the way described on these different websites.

Even though I had 4 days off it still wasn't enough, lol.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Michelle, have you had him checked for strep throat? Sometimes kids will have a fine, red, prickly rash that is associated with strep throat. It's called Scarlet Fever. It's caused by exposure to the streptococcus A bacteria. The rash usually starts on the face and neck and then moves to the trunk and back.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

I never thought of that but I looked it up and the way they describe the rash it sounds like the one he has. He didn't say anything about a sore throat but did say his stomach was hurting which was a symptom. He is acting and feeling better today though.

I was looking through this catalog I got in the mail and it was full of old ladyish stuff (I don't know why I was wasting my time looking through it)then all of the sudden there was a page unexpected items to be found in this old lady catalog I was just like oh my!!!!! I found it pretty funny this stuff was thrown in there.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Michelle, Fisher had strep throat once. He never complained of a sore throat either. He had the rash from the Scarlet Fever though.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

My mom's birthday is on Tuesday, the 16th. She has been saying that she needs a wreath for her front door...so I'm going to make her one. I also altered a paint brush for her scrap room and got her a gift card to Books-a-million. I think that my sister and I are going to take her out to eat this weekend as well.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

I never heard of Books a million.

Hmmm..it's good to have friends that are nurses...I'm thinking you're right that is probably what he had.

Well, I went to the ENT Dr. today and right away he said I have reflux but also wants me to get an ultrasound of my thyroid. So getting that done next week. I'm just glad that he saw that my throat was all swollen so I know it's not all in my head.

Then I took my old jewelry to the jewelry store to sell I was going to get a decent amount of money for it all and was going to save it for a puppy but instead my engagement ring, wedding ring, and a ring that was my grandmothers need major repairs so there went my money for a puppy and then some. Oh how sad and disappointing but atleast I'll know my diamonds will be safe and won't be falling out.

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

Oh my what a day I have ahead I don't know where to start lol.

How is your little one Michelle? My neighbours son has a blocked gland & his face is swollen real bad. They thought it was mumps to begin with.

I have 100 cupcakes to make today & lot's of craft projects to do for my stall. So far I have a scrabble art picture, a 12x12 canvas, a name bunting, some coasters & around 50 cards. I have no idea how big my table will be but I wanted to make a couple more pictures, & art canvases, maybe a few more cards. I don't think I will have enough time but I will get stuck in & see how far I get. I took a break yesterday because I have been busy all week with it but I am regretting it now.

I also have been hunting raffle prizes for the past couple of weeks it's really hard to find people who are generous enough to help. I managed to get a diecast model from Porsche, a meal from Nando's & some free entry tickets for paint balling & a tray of doughnuts from krispy kreme. My friend got vouchers for a free indian takeaway, a bunch of flowers from the local florist & a hair cut & beauty consultation. Then there are lots of little items too.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to xAlysonex

Alyson, wow that's a lot of cupcakes. Oh yum you have Krispy Kremes over there. There aren't any stores by me that have them anymore. The closest place is at Penn Train Station, New York City. I guess I could always take the train there, lol. How was your day it sounded like it would of been a fun day?

Nothing much new with me that I can think of I painted my front door a Tiffany Blue color it's really pretty. There's a new Hobby Lobby like 1/2 hour away from where I live so me, my sister and mother are planning on going there on Saturday if all goes as planned I'll be kidless yay!!!! my SIL is having the kids sleepover her house. So also if things go as planned me and my husband will be going out to dinner too, maybe I should try for a movie too...

I'm trying to think of things to have for dinner but eeekkk I'm tired of eating the same things over and over.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

Cupcakes and Krispy Kreme...you are trying to kill me Alison! LOL!! It sounds like you have been a busy little bee!

I want to try to make an altered canvas. I think that it could be really cool, but I don't really know where to start.

Michelle, have fun on your outing! That sounds like lots of fun!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

I've heard about altered canvases but have no idea what they are all about.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5

I want to make one to go in my bedroom. I have one wall that has nothing on it. I think that a splash of color would be lovely.

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

Well Sunday was a lot of fun. I met a lady who used to be mayoress of the city. She has offered to give me lots of cook books & equipment because my hubby said I can't cook but enjoy it lol. She also won a meal in the raffle which she gave me too! It was so kind of her.

I sold around £7.50 worth of cards & small items & took a few orders for larger ones. I also got an order via facebook this morning for a vintage alice in wonderland themed card. I can't wait to get stuck in!

I have done a few canvases now, I really want to do some for my own walls too. It is typical I never have time to make my own things.

Well Ted slept in his room for the 1st time lastnight. Since he has been sleeping right through a lot lately I decided it was time. Also means I can work late at night now I have my desk up. DH has been busy this leave period too lol.

Here it is the perfect finishing touch! I hung it this morning been wanting to for so long!

Prince Bunting By XAlysonex

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to xAlysonex

Alyson, sounds like you had a good time!!! and yay on your sales!! The banner we made looks so cute up and I love those little extras that you have hanging on there.

I hate it when I lose things (well only losing weight would be good, lol) the library says I still have a book out and I can't remember it, I feel like such a library loser delinquent!

Alyson, also wanted to say you are inspiring with your sales. I really want to get focused again and try to make items to sell.

Tonight the grocery delivery man is coming!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics