Page 6 of 602 
Username Post: Working Mom Seeking an S 4 chest and a cape        (Topic#1505357)
xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex
In response to Ms.Schwiet

I have 2 days off hopefully i'll get some me time have been to the doc with my DS this morning hopefully we will get somewhere now, he is refering him to the mental health dept. to see what they can do for him. It kinda makes me sad to admit thats what his problems boil down to but i am excited for him at the same time maybe we can finally shed some light on his troubles and get him the help he needs.

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to xAlysonex

Good morning everyone! Happy Hump Day!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-10-09 01:14 PM
In response to cutencrafty

well as far as a doctor goes ummmm honestly the kids or myself hav to b pretty bad for me to take them in I tend to fix them on my own--cant help it being a nurse. they are only driving me crazy being no school. the little one is starting to bite--she bit the 5 yr old today that waas no funn! they hav calmed dow n now time for me to try to do a page!

good luck at thedocs everyone--sorry for all the typos im typing w one hand baby falling asleep in the other!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

Alison sometimes we have to submit to the fact that we need extra help. After my divorce, I started to take my son to a therapist. It was a huge help! Now for school I submitted to giving him Ritalin and he received a turnaround student award plus he went from "C's" and lower to honor roll for the first time. We don't always have the power within ourselves to solve all our problems, but we have the power to get help. Hope this is the road you need.

Lots of doctor appointments for all.

Zandra I feel for you. My son got kicked out of one school for biting. It was actually the best thing for us. I started him at another school and the problem continued. The new school called a conference and worked with the teacher to notice signs that he was about to bite and how to avoid this. They also explained clearly to a 3 year old if he keeps biting he won’t be allowed at their school. He never had a problem again.

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 06-10-09 04:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh

Zandra I'm like you.....my kids practically have to be bleeding out of their eyeballs before I drag them to the doctor. lol I hope they don't think I'm uncaring, but most of the time I know what the doctor is going to say anyway.

Mercifully I never had a problem with biting....but my oldest went through a phase where she SCRATCHED other kids. She left a huge gash on one little girl's face at day care once. I felt so bad. We just couldn't keep her fingernails short enough. They just kept putting her in time out and eventually she got past that.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-10-09 05:10 PM
In response to mom2lfh

well I am hoping that this is just because she is 2 but we will see. She sure didnt like being in the corner today. but I will be watching her.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to zrock

I guess I'm going to jump on the bandwagon. I'm taking myself and my oldset son to the doctor on Friday. I think he has an ear infection and I know that I have a UTI...not so fun for me.

Nurses are so funny when it comes to their family being sick. I tell my kids that we don't need to go to the ER or the MD unless something is broken or bleeding profusely. LOL! I tell them that I was trained to take care of a lot of things. Boo boos are my specialty, lol!

I had a biter. We made the child that he bit, bite him back and then told him "it didn't feel very nice, did it?" We told him that is how it felt for that child that he bit. We only had to do this a couple of times and he hasn't bitten since. We had tried putting him in time out, making him bite a raw onion (don't suggest that one to anybody), making him hug and apologize, and talking to him. None of these things worked with him. The whole biting back sounded extreme, but it did work. Good luck!

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-10-09 08:56 PM
In response to crafty mom of 5

hey amy at what age was this?? the baby is going to be 2 on the 18th I wonder if she will understand it completely?? but honestly if she does it again I might try that because she really bit marina hard she has a bruise where alyssa bit.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

Morning mom's. I hate having bad dreams and feel like I never got any sleep. On the treadmill and I'm gonna try to work out some of the negative energy.

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh

Being on the treadmill sounds like a bad dream to me. LOL

Good morning everyone!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to mom2lfh

My son bites his little brother. I tell him no and make him sit down and say he's sorry his only 18 months so not sure if he understands or not.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to cutencrafty

I was told my son bit because he didn't have a strong enough vocabulary to express his emotions and frustrations.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

That makes sense.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to zrock

• zrock Said:
hey amy at what age was this?? the baby is going to be 2 on the 18th I wonder if she will understand it completely?? but honestly if she does it again I might try that because she really bit marina hard she has a bruise where alyssa bit.

He was 2 at the time.

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex
In response to crafty mom of 5

I never had a problem with my 2 biting but my youngest likes to nip when frustrated. Usually just myself & his brother hopefully he wont nip other children.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-11-09 03:17 PM
In response to xAlysonex

ugh--the treadmill--one day I am gonna get my butt in gear and start working out again--hopefully sooner than later!!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

I'm hoping to get 2 work outs a day while I'm off. When I got on the scale at the doctor's office I realized I'm ONLY 18 pounds from a weight I'd like. See that key word ONLY. That means I can have this weight off before school starts again if I stay motivated.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-11-09 04:40 PM

you go girl!!

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne
In response to zrock

Hey Ladies!!!
Missed you girls. Oh my gosh...I am so hurting tonight. We are cleaning the floors at the elementry school by ourselves and holy crud...its crazy!!!
I'm in my favorite place in the world right now besides disney world...cocoa beach, fl.

I do not take my son to the doctor that much. He goes for wic checkups, and only when he is really sick. Nathan, he's never sick...but when he gets sick...its really bad! To where he's lost 5lbs from not eating, not drinking, throwing up..etc,

Nathan is STILL a biter! He also is a scratcher only when he gets upset. I really think something is going on with him...he was never a biter until his dad left when he turned 3. Maybe he should go to therapy? I'm not sure.

Hey stacey, since we live like...15 minutes away, we should be hiking/treadmill buddies..lol

Edited by Pamelalynne on 06-11-09 05:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Pamelalynne

Pamelalynne I'd recommend my son's therapist. He was very cool and said I'll write this up the right way and get the insurance to cover it. I never paid a dime not even co-pays. It was beautiful and helpful. He really worked to help me with my son. Unfortunatly, he went to work for the state.

Anytime you wanna start walking I'm there. I can't convince my DH2B to walk with me so I have to settle for my treadmill. I can play on the 'puter, watch tv and enjoy the AC.

Page 6 of 602 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics