Page 7 of 602 
Username Post: Working Mom Seeking an S 4 chest and a cape        (Topic#1505357)
Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Ms.Schwiet

Good morning. I guess our plans are to hit the local water park. Translation: I'm going to fall behind on my summer scrap goal while taking more pictures that need to be scrapped. What a vicious circle. Umm...that is life!!! ;-)

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

For those of you off tomorrow Fablady from this site has herown website and they are hosting an all day virtual crop. Check it out: online crop

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-12-09 09:02 AM

hello all at work today so I will be in and out--not a very happy day at work today--actually very sad I was crying since 730 this am. anyway I wont give details but hoping the day gets better. so I will be checking in!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

u have an emotional job. I'm sure most days are filled with elatation but some days u probally wish u could earse

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

Speaking of jobs I have decided to quit work i'm going to concentrate on my boys and myself for awhile. I've ran myself into the ground for the past 18mths in a job i don't like DH has told me to leave so many times i've lost count. Funny thing is when i mentioned to my boss i'd be handing my notice in she didn't even seem bothered talk about making you feel appreciated.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to xAlysonex

I worked for a few months as a 911 call taker and it was tough strange hours and at the time my husband (now ex) was stationed in KY and I was in FL. I got some email about how your job can replace you, but your family can't. That was all it took.I quit and moved to KY. Good luck Alison.

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

Thanks you know it was funny for the first time in ages i felt happy at work and i'm starting to feel much more positive because I have finally made my mind up about it.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to xAlysonex

Let me guess you feel like a huge burden has been lifted off your shoulders? You think man we need the money and I don't know how we'll take care of this or that, yet your heart feel free and you happy dance? Been there done that not just with a job or two but quite a few. I'm so glad I found a career I love and thus far the people I work for and with are perfect they give me freedom and just let me do what I d 'cause it works.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-13-09 07:07 AM

hello all hope everyone is doing well today.

good for you Alison--sometimes the hardest decisions are the best ones!

I am too glad that I love my job--it can be sad but for the most part very happy.

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to zrock

Good afternoon ladies! Speaking of jobs, I'm sitting here at mine as we speak. But that's not unusual for me.
Gee, thanks Stacey for the quote about my family not being able to replace me. As if I didn't feel guilty enough as it is. lol j/k......I know my kids miss me and I miss them too, but I just remind myself like 100 times a day that I work to provide for my family. And my working allows my DH to stay home with the kids SO while I might feel pitiful sometimes, and left out, and unappreciated, etc (the list could go on), I know that my girls are happily at home with their dad.
DH had struggled with the decision to quit his job of 20 years to become a SAHD. He was in a miserable work situation like you Alison. But since he did (2 years ago) he is happier and so are the kids.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-13-09 11:13 AM
In response to mom2lfh

hey connie--the dh and I did the same thing--on occassion he does do some work--he paints, builds stuff --you general handy man contractor stuff. Anyway we did the same thing. He loves being at home with the girls and the love it when he is there. It worked out so much better for us. He does do some work here and there--I call it his scrapping time--haha! But only for a few weeks here and there and when it is slow and him and his work buddies aren't getting too many bids its ok because he is back with the girls.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to zrock

Sorry guys I didn't mean to get everyone down. It's about making the time you have together quality. Now that I'm in a job I love and I know I do well, I can be replaced but I cannot be dublicated. I truly feel like I make a difference and I cannot complain about my hours! Except 6:15 10 months of the year comes way too early.

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

Untitled By XAlysonex

Just a little something that came out of nowhere over a cup of tea lastnight. I'm kinda stuck for the title any suggestions girls? I thought maybe i could put some journalling in the middle about our holiday. These pics were just ok but a shame not to use them, all those little smiles.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-14-09 01:41 PM
In response to xAlysonex

hey alison I cant really see make it bigger!!

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex
In response to zrock

I tried it wont let me DH blames my camera setting but that was taken with his phone so idk what the matter is. This pc hates me i think its protesting for over usage lol.

zrock
zrock 
Governor
zrock
  • zrock on 06-14-09 03:24 PM
In response to xAlysonex

hahaha!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Exhausted. For whatever reason I couldn't sleep. I'd love to go to bed early.

xAlysonex
Diva
xAlysonex

I can sleep but i've been up since 5am so im yawning away, DH missed his flight lastnight so he is going to be in big trouble when he gets back into work today. The airline said it would cost £98 to change his flight to this mornings but didn't tell us they were going to be closing so by the time we got a loan to pay it they had closed and we had to book a whole new flight costing £130 so it has cost me £290 to see my DH for 3 nights!!!! I am not a happy bunny as you can imagine.

On a more positive note I get to hand my letter of resignation in today as soon as I write it out.

crafty mom of 5
Governor
crafty mom of 5
In response to xAlysonex

Good morning ladies! I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend! I spent all day with my oldest daughter, Briana, on Saturday. She had to go to an all day cheer camp to learn their routine for competition. It was a 2 hour commute to the gym and we were there from 9am to 5pm! I was exhausted when we got home. I don't know anything about cheerleading. Briana cheered for toy bowl football before, but this is her first year actually cheering for Jr. high. I know nothing about cheerleading! I was not a cheerleader. I was in the color guard. It was very interesting to watch them do their dance and build their pyramids. I didn't realize how much work it was! Anyway, I hope that everyone has a Happy Monday!

mom2lfh
Diva
mom2lfh
In response to crafty mom of 5

Good morning and Happy Monday all! Today is my youngest DD's birthday, so we are taking her to Chuck E Cheese. Would any of you like to join us?

Page 7 of 602 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics