Page 1 of 98 
Username Post: ~*~June~*~Anything Goes Challenge*SIGN UPS CLOSED*POINTS LIST UP!!!        (Topic#1505359)
Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

****2 NEW PRIZE CATEGORIES****

June is on the way! Time for sign ups!

Are you ready for an exciting month of challenges that will spark your creativity and make you to step outside your comfort zone by challenging you to try variety of techniques? You may even complete that project you always wanted to finish. If so, welcome to June Anything Goes Challenge!

As usual, we will enjoy daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge.

SIGN-UPS will be open until June 10th

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than June 15th. If you don't want to count points, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Megan A. Walker
311 S LASALLE ST APT 3H
DURHAM, NC 27705-3606

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to
megannwalker@gmail.com
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.44

Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after June 1st count towards your total points and layouts. This challenge ends on June 30th at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details.

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com or a RAK from me!

**Prize Categories**
(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1 - Most points overall - no matter what your goal was or how many layouts you complete, if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you win this category...

2 - Most points 10 or less layouts - if you set your goal for 10 or less layouts and complete 10 or less layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 10 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

3 - Random drawing of everyone who meets their goal - very simple, meet your goal and I will put all names into a hat at the end of the month and draw

4 – Most points 11-25 LOs. If you set your goal for 11-25 layouts and complete your goal of 11-25 layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 25 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

5 – Highest Goal Set and Met- If you set the highest LO goal and meet your LO goal you will win this category. This is to challenge ourselves to get our butts in gear and get pages done!

Categories with RAK as Prize
1. Most daily challenges completed - I will post a new challenge everyday and if you do them, keep track of how many you complete, then you will be eligible for a prize at the end of the month. If there is a tie, then there will be a drawing. (To be eligible for this category, please start a blog at sb.com to list your challenges completed. Please note that otherwise stated daily challenges are meant to be completed on a layout, not a card or altered project. There will be few day specific challenges but generally you will be able to complete those challenges at your own pace and you may combine several of them on a same layout. New this month: If you win this category pm me your address and I will send you a nice RAK valued at $15 or more. You will get the RAK instead of a gift certificate because we do not have enough players to give out 6 gift certificates.

2.Random Drawing #2- I will put everybody's name who meets their goal into a bowl and then randomly draw a name. The prize will be a nice RAK worth $10. Just PM me your address when you find out you won.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your LO goal. You can only win in one category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:

*8x8 or above (8.5x11, 12x12) = 1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*2 6x6 = 1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them*

Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work in them. If you aren't sure how many to count, just ask!

**A note for people who'd like to play for prizes, but not keep track of points; as long as you link/post your layouts to the thread, you can still be eligible for categories 3 & 5 of prizes!**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH - YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~PLAYERS~*~
Money Received=

Megan (iheartaslan) 8/5 10,270 ptsGOAL MET!!! 23.5/30 DCs
Robin (Robinbird79) 5/5 2185 pts GOAL MET!!! 9/30 DCs
Katherine (mama~kat) 32/10 13,806 pts GOAL MET!!! 23/30 DCs
Laura (thirdgrade) 10/10 4605 pts GOAL MET!!!
Melanie (2lilbugs) 10/10 5158 pts GOAL MET!!! 17/30 DCs
Bev (B2Hearts) 10/10 5139 pts GOAL MET!!!
TraceyJean H (traceyjean) 3/10 1677 pts
Angie (JayAndXansMom) 20/15 9383 ptsGOAL MET!!! 23/30 DCs
Sherrie (AmandaTina) 3/15 1954 pts
Renee (Renee Louise) 16/16 2391 pts GOAL MET!!! 7/30DCs
Jen (jjfer) 20/20 10,230 pts GOAL MET!!! 20/30 DCs
Julie (senora_x) 22/20 12,459 pts GOAL MET!!! 20/30 DCs
Sabrina (scrapinbabygal) 25/25 19,443 pts GOAL MET!!! 28/30 DCs
Kate (kyttikate) 4/25 1971 pts
Paula (Faithscrapper) 28/25 10,892 pts GOAL MET!!! 25/30 DCs
Margy (Margy) 25/25 20,688 pts GOAL MET!!! 30/30 DCs
Crystal (Crystal B.) 25/25 13,351 pts GOAL MET!!! 24/30 DCs
Anne (taeklund) 25/25 13,713 pts GOAL MET!!!
Jennifer (kdsmommy) 0/25
Marci (MommyMarci) 27/30 6375 points 8/30 DCs
Quay (Quay) 92/75 28,447 pts GOAL MET!!! 26/30 DCs
Karen (scrapriquez) 59/75 23,599 pts 27/30 DCs
Jennifer (pebblesjns) 1/80 908 pts

~*~MOTIVATIONAL~*~
Kena (Bubblegirl)
Gabi (Gabigabs)
Geri (scrapn2) 0/12
Teresa (Teresakay)
Andrea (Inspired.By.Love)
Elizabeth(ScrappyNewMom) 0/10
Jenn (-Jenn-) 16/25 4787 pts

Edited by iheartaslan on 07-02-09 04:10 AM. Reason for edit: points and LOs completed!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

CHALLENGES
~*~Daily Challenges~*~
Each day a new challenge will be posted. These challenges can be done at your own pace unless specified in the challange. These can easily be incorporated into any card or LO. You can take +10 pts for completing the challenge on the same day it was posted.

6/1: There is going to be 2 parts for today's challenge. We are starting the month off easy! Start a new blog entry and your siggy for 50 pts.
I don't know about you guys, but I can't scrap unless my workspace is clean and organized. Any time I get ready to scrap I have to reorganize EVERYTHING!! Clean/organize something in your workspace. Or just clean the overall space! Take before and after pictures to take the points. It's worth 100 pts.
6/2:I know school is out, but we need to work on our 1,2,3s!!

1. use 1 punch
2. use 2 rub ons
3. use 3 pictures
4. use 4 different pp
5. use 5 buttons
6. use 6 3D flowers
7. use 7 circles (polka dots count, buttons dont)
8. use 8 eyelets/brads
9. title be at least 9 letters
10.use at least 10 words of jornaling

this is worth 300 pts since it's a REAL challenge! haha this can be done on a double page LO.
6/3:use at least 4 stars on a LO for 85 pts.
6/4: Use a rainbow on your LO. 50 pts. If you use all 6 colors of the rainbow on your LO then take 100 pts. I know it's kind of confusing. If you just stick a rainbow on your LO it's going to be 50 pts. If you put red flowers, orange eyelets, green paper etc etc then take 100 pts! (you have to put 6 colors on there though!)
6/5: I was thinking today what I would ever do without adhesive. So lets see! Do a LO and use no adhesive. (you can use adhesive to put your pictures on the page, that is it) so be creative! use eyelets, brads, sewing etc! this is worth 100 pts
6/6: use a new technique, or refresh yourself on an old one!! 100 ptstechnique lessons
6/7: take double points for comments today only. and you only get an hour to leave comments. so post on here when your hour starts, go leave comments, then come back after you hour and post when you hour stops and take your double points. This can be done anytime from now (2:15 central time) to tomorrow at 2:15 central time.
6/8: Use something clear or transparent on your LO. +100 points
6/9:Create a LO using only handmade embellies. To clear things up, I consider handmade embellies to be anything you make. You can use a die cutter, punches, etc…. Store bought stickers, flowers, buttons, etc… cannot be used on this LO. Since this is a tough one, it’s worth +275 points.
6/10:Use chipboard on a LO for +103 points.
6/11:Do some handstitching on a LO for 80 points, plus take an additional point for every stitch. So for example, you normally get one point per hand stitch (according to the point list), add an extra point for each!
6/12:Add some bling to your LO for +75 points.
6/13:Use a plain white sheet of cardstock as your background on a LO for +115 points
6/14:Use felt on a LO for +100 points!
6/15:have a family member or friend go into your scrapin' area. have them pick one *thing.* now use this on a LO +80pts
6/16: Pick your favorite outfit. Use those colors as your dominant colors in a LO still +95pts
6/17: I got this from a CK magazine. Got a fortune from a fortune cookie laying around?? Yes, well good. Use this to start off your journaling. +125 pts Website With Fortunes
6/18:Use your least favorite product and at least one of your oldest pps on a lo +105 pts
6/19:use only even numbers or odd numbers on a lo. for example, if you do odd numbers---> 1 die cut frame, 5 chipboard shapes, 7 stickers etc. Does that make sense?? +150 pts
6/20:i recently got this book to help w- journaling. it has a bunch of quizzes. so i thought it would fun to try one out. and today is your choice. by this i mean you choose if you want to:

A. post your answers here (make sure the answers are in color)
B. incorporate into a lo for yourself or someone else

the quiz: two by two
1. Two everyday things I couldn't live without
2. Two of my favorite songs:
3. Two things I want to do before I die:
4. Two things I worry about:
5. Two stores I shop at:
6. Two things that scare me:
7. Two snacks I could eat every day:
8. Two people I'd be lost without:
9. Two nicknames I've been given
10. Next two places I want to go on vacation

I HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYS THIS CHALLENGE!! +150PTS
6/21: Do a LO honoring a special dad in your life! +275 pts

use the +25pts to thank at least 2 great dads (make sure to mention who they are)
6/22:Use glitter on a LO or card for 50 points
6/23:Do a lift. Pick a fabulous LO from anywhere here on sb.com and lift it. You must post the original (or a link to it, if public embedding isn't allowed) to get the 100 points.
6/24:Distress something on your LO or card today. 60 points
6/25:All the great tips and tricks we share on this forum are so fabulous. With that in mind, post a link to a wonderful scrappin' tip or trick you've found (it can be from sb.com, another website, or one of your own creation). 75 points
6/26:Show off you favorite three scrappy supplies on a LO. Example: flowers, bling, and polka dot paper. 60 points
6/27:Do a negative space LO for 50 points. Take 25 bonus points if you use three or more pics.
6/28:Use 3 hearts on a LO for 50 points. Take 30 bonus points if there are 5 or more.

WEEKLY CHALLENGE6/22-6/28:
I just got home from a 2800 mile road trip. YIKES!!! Anyways, do a LO about your favorite trip or vacation. It needs to have at least 50 words of journaling, and 3 pictures. 300 points

PHOTO CHALLENGE6/22-6/28:
Clouds 40
Grass 40
Water 40
Sand 40
Wind 40

All challenges are due by 11:59 PM PST Sunday the week that they are for. All items must be linked to this thread with point details to take points for them.

Monthly Challenge 6/1-6/30:
We all seem to struggle with making LOs about ourselves. Our family, our friends, our pets, or places we travel, but not ourselves. This month's challenge is to make 3 LOs about yourself. Something you love, something unique about yourself, or part of your life can be the subject. Just as long as they are about you. This is worth +500 pts for all 3 LOs.
Here are some examples:
22 Wishes for me @ 22 By Iheartaslan

What I Like About ME...
By Iheartaslan

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~POINTS LIST~*~
LO, CARD, AND ALTERED PROJECT ITEM POINTS

1 POINT ITEMS
- PER photo corner, eyelet, button, staple, brad, paper clip, grommet, jewel, metal clips, etc.
- PER sticker used (flat or 3D)
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER hand stitch

5 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A LO OR CARD
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 15 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER scripture, recipe, quote or poem (includes song lyrics)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 5 pts for each identical one)
- PER stamped image (not including letters or numbers)
- PER layout 6x6 or smaller (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER type/kind of ribbon or fiber used
- PER 3D flower
- PER type of bling
- PER color of stickles or paint used
- PER bling shape
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER rub on shape or word(border, frame, flower,“love” etc. NOT individual letters or numbers)
- PER chipboard shape (not letters or numbers)
- PER challenge on sb.com that your LO was created for (must tell what challenge(s) it was created for)

5 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A LO OR CARD
(only take 5 points once for each item you use, no matter how many times you use it)
- for using die cut shapes
- for using a border punch
- for using flourishes/swirls
- for using ghost shapes, ghost letters, or transparencies
- for using scallops on your layout
- for using felt, foam, fabric, or metal items
- for distressing (inking, tearing, etc...any type)
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for using paint, chalk, or embossing on your layout or card
- for using circles
- for doodling
- for using non-scrapbook items on your page (includes memorabilia other than pics)
- for using the following themes: pets/children (not grandchildren, sorry ); the beach; YOU
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread

10 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (8.5x11, 12x12) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER layout with no pictures
- PER layout about yourself
- PER mini-album created (may still take points per page)
- PER altered item created
- for machine sewing
- for putting embellies or journaling on the photograph
- for scraplifting a member of sb.com (link the original page too, always possible even if it is just the link-that starts with cannot take points without link)

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS

5 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture over 5 years old OR less than two months old
- PER black & white, sepia toned, or colored picture (ex. a pic made blue or purple)
- PER picture altered in some way (ex. Antiqued, rounded corners, computer manipulated [like color select on a B&W pic], etc.)

10 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 or 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- for single page LO w/ 3+ pics OR double page LO w/ 7+ pics

JOURNALING POINTS

-1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 300 points
-25 points for every 50 words over 300 (E.g. Total of 500 words would equal 400 points)
-10 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS

1 POINT:
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to gallery and linked to this thread

5 POINTS:
- PER any BLOG entry (MUST have a link to this forum)
- For cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout
- For updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points
- For using your stash until your next scrapbook purchase on LOs smaller than 8x8 or cards

10 POINTS
- For using your stash on each LO 8x8 or larger until your next supply shopping trip.

(No matter when you plan to use the new supplies, your first supply/tool purchase will prevent you from taking the stash points for the rest of the month. Gifts that YOU receive, that you did NOT purchase, do not affect your ability to take stash points.)

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Challenge Volunteers! These are the new rules for people who want to volunteer to do a week of challenges.
1.The weekly challenge cannot be worth more than 350 pts.
2.The daily challenges can only be worth 150 pts with one exception per week up to 300 pts. So 6 days of 150 points or less and one challenge up to 300 points.
3.The daily challenges should generally be something that can be incorporated into ANY LO. Not a challenge that you must make a LO for that you wouldn't have made otherwise. But it CAN require you to make a whole LO for one challenge per week.
4.Picture challenges can only be worth up to 250 pts total added up for all pictures. There should not be more than 6 pictures for the weekly photo challenge.

The weeks will run from Monday to Sunday.

Weeks
June 1-7 -Jenn-
June 8-14 Margy
June 15-21 scrapinbabygal
June 22-28 2lilbugs
June 29 & 30 iheartaslan

Let me know if you want a specific week.

All weeks filled for challenges. Thank you to the ladies who volunteered to come up with our daily and weekly challenges!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Robin, do you still want to do a week of challenges? If so, what week would you like?

-Jenn-
-Jenn- 
Diva
-Jenn-
In response to Megan Ann

Can I do a week of challenges? My goal for now will be 35, but it may change. We will see. Thanks for hosting again!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to -Jenn-

I'm in! Can't wait to really be able to sit down and scrap this month! Hopefully! Make my goal 20!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to -Jenn-

• -Jenn- Said:
Can I do a week of challenges? My goal for now will be 35, but it may change. We will see. Thanks for hosting again!

You can definately do a week of challenges! Make sure you read the post with the new rules for challenge volunteers. And, do you want a specific week?

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Please also post your suggestions for the points list!

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to Megan Ann

looks awesome Megan! You are gonna be a great hostess!

I can do the week of the 22nd thru the 28th if you want me too

I'll play motivational

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to 2lilbugs

• 2lilbugs Said:
looks awesome Megan! You are gonna be a great hostess!

I can do the week of the 22nd thru the 28th if you want me too

I'll play motivational

great! thanks for doing a week of challenges! gotcha added!

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to Megan Ann

I'll sign up for 25! Can I do a week of challenges?? I cant promise they will be good but I would like to at least try

What made you decide to change some of the rules? Are there going to be more changes? Just curious

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to scrapinbabygal

I changed the prize category to one that we used to have and that I think will better motivate us to get a lot of pages done.

I added the challenge volunteer rules because the points for the daily challenges were getting out of hand. When I first started playing in this challenge the daily's were +50 pts or +75 pts. Now they are getting up to 300 pts and 400 pts. And a lot of them were requiring their own LO to be completed. They used to be able to be incorporated into any LO. The daily challenges were like techniques or using certain supplies. The daily challenges were getting to be worth more than the weeklys! Then the weekly's were getting to be worth as many points as the monthly challenge.

I don't think I changed any other rules. If there was one I changed that you had a question on, that I didn't address here, feel free to post or pm me.

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to Megan Ann

Did you see that I would like to do a week of challenges if you want me too??

Thank you for addressing my question. I was starting to notice that the daily's required their own lo. So I appreciate that change!!!

and thanks again for taking over :-)

Robinbird79
Diva
Robinbird79
In response to scrapinbabygal

I'm just going to do motivational this month, Megan, since I just can't seem to find any scrapping inspiration. Maybe it'll come back...I certainly hope so!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Robinbird79

• Robinbird79 Said:
I'm just going to do motivational this month, Megan, since I just can't seem to find any scrapping inspiration. Maybe it'll come back...I certainly hope so!!

Do you still want to do a week of challenges?

Sabrina, I already have you down for a week of challenges. Check out the fourth post or so for the challenge weeks.

DON'T FORGET POINTS SUGGESTIONS!!!

Robinbird79
Diva
Robinbird79
In response to Megan Ann

• iheartaslan Said:
  • Robinbird79 Said:

Do you still want to do a week of challenges?

Sabrina, I already have you down for a week of challenges. Check out the fourth post or so for the challenge weeks.

DON'T FORGET POINTS SUGGESTIONS!!!

I don't think so Megan. I'm just not feeling...inspired right now. Lol.

-Jenn-
-Jenn- 
Diva
-Jenn-
In response to Robinbird79

It doesn't matter what week. I can do whatever!!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to -Jenn-

• -Jenn- Said:
It doesn't matter what week. I can do whatever!!!

ok, you have the first week!

Page 1 of 98 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics