Username Post: new punches!!        (Topic#1505369)
nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa

omygosh... did yall see the new punches in the superstore??? here i will show you some! i think i need some.. lol

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to nuskrappa

love the tiny ant

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to SuperAllyFan

i love it they are pink!! hehehe cause the color is all important

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to nuskrappa

Run, don't walk, These are Fiskars limited edition punches for the summer, that is the ones with the pink handles. They come out with four punches every season, and onces they are gone they are gone.

Heehee, I love the ant too. A friend was able to find it, and I punched a zillion of them.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ms Jackie

OH YOU ENABLER YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

I saw them at J's and frankly, I'm trying to talk myself out of them,,,,

when on earth am I gonna use an ANT punch???? I like punches that are more universal,,,

sigh,,,,but they are soooooooooooooo cute!!!! Maybe the ice cream cone I might use alot,,

hmmmmmmmmm

GreenDragonLady
Expert
GreenDragonLady
In response to CommaHolly

Those are cute! I probably wouldn't use something so specific as an any or ice cream cone, but I like them!

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 05-23-09 07:37 AM
In response to GreenDragonLady

I haven't tried the Fiskars squeeze punches...I'm getting really picky about my supplies lately so I have a question for you punch ladies.

I have a bunch of punches from when I first started about 10 yrs ago and find them difficult to punch. I've gotten to be a "punch snob" and really like Paper Shaper, Ek Success border and Fiskars border. Other brands hurt my hand (I have carpal tunnel or something simlar). I tried a Marvy giga punch and decided it was a bit too hard for my hand - what do y'all think about the squeeze punches? easy on the hand or not? TIA

Andrea

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ekip2

I love the Fiskars squeeze punches,,,,very easy to squeeze, Andrea,,,,you should go to the store and try them,,,,,they can be squeezed IN the package,,,,

and they cut beautifully!!!!!!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to ekip2

• ekip2 Said:
I haven't tried the Fiskars squeeze punches...I'm getting really picky about my supplies lately so I have a question for you punch ladies.

I have a bunch of punches from when I first started about 10 yrs ago and find them difficult to punch. I've gotten to be a "punch snob" and really like Paper Shaper, Ek Success border and Fiskars border. Other brands hurt my hand (I have carpal tunnel or something simlar). I tried a Marvy giga punch and decided it was a bit too hard for my hand - what do y'all think about the squeeze punches? easy on the hand or not? TIA

Andrea

Easy Peasy! They are the easiest punches, by far, on the hands. As a bonus, you can see exactly where you are punching the design, which is great when working with patterened paper.

That cute aunt is my favorite in this new collection!

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz

• Quote:
OH YOU ENABLER YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

I saw them at J's and frankly, I'm trying to talk myself out of them,,,,

when on earth am I gonna use an ANT punch???? I like punches that are more universal,,,

sigh,,,,but they are soooooooooooooo cute!!!! Maybe the ice cream cone I might use alot,,

hmmmmmmmmm

I think you should do the icecream - everyone deserve's a treat lol!!!! Birthdays, Grandkids, Celebrations, Summer Picnic's - icecream def has it's little purpose Great topic to start ladies - I was curious about that particular type of punch - never took the leap - my hands just can't handle beastly punches, and being unsure I never did!! Now that I hear they punch smoothly... ruh-roh!!

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to JaymieLiz

this is really good to know that the squeeze punches are easy on the hands!! thanks guys!

holly... i really think you need the ice cream punch!

jennifer.. i really like the ant too but i am with holly on that one.. where the heck would i use it!

i think my fave is the wave... could double as a swirl couldnt it? lol im still talking myself into getting one. i really should get a circle punch first. ive been wanting one of those but i dont know which to go with. so many choice!

what kinds of circle punches do yall have and what one should i get? lol

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 05-23-09 10:02 AM
In response to nuskrappa

I have the stacking EK Sucess Paper Shaper punches and use them a ton. I use the various sizes to layer circles, to cut out a center for a flower, to put behind a button. I'll punch out a small circle and then take the negative space and turning the punch upside down I'll take the next size up and punch so that I have a thin circle - make sense?? I don't think I have examples to link but I'll check to see if I have a LO I haven't added to my gallery. - (Lately most of my LO have been for hire and I don't have them any more.)

I want to get more stacking rectangles as I only have 2 I like - the old ones are too hard to punch.

Andrea

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper

• CommaHolly Said:

...when on earth am I gonna use an ANT punch????...

Picnic layouts, maybe a summer bbq layout or even invitations for a bbq or outdoor party of any kind, or outdoorsy summer layout, or camping or hiking layout, maybe some sort of play on words with a layout about an aunt...

(I'm trying to come up with ideas for *myself*, because it's so cute!)

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to bashfulscrapper

andrea... i had also been wondering about those Ek Success punches. thanks! and yes it did make sense...lol

kitty... those are really good ideas!! man.. now i might have to have one. lol.. not.. i still havent decided. i am thinking the wave and then a couple of the circle punches (ek success). i havent decided yet. whats a girl to do?? lol

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 05-23-09 01:16 PM
In response to nuskrappa

whats a girl to do?? lol

Chris, why buy them all that what!

Andrea

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to ekip2

oooh... i like your way of thinking!

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to nuskrappa

So far I've got the wave and sun punches from summer, and the umbrella and butterfly from the spring collection. I've got carpal tunnel and these have been the easiest punches I've used to date.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics