Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: ATG gun        (Topic#1505401)
PEIgirl
Guru
PEIgirl

I know the ATG gun has been talked about a lot here and I tried to search it but it yields no search results (weird eh?) Anyways, I think, after reading the reviews that it's time for me to buy one. There is a yellow and a red one and I am just wondering what one most scrappers prefer? Is size the only difference? Does each model only do one size of adhesive? Do scrappers generally like the 1/4 or the 1/2 inch?

Thank you so much for any input!! I really appreciate it.

Edited by PEIgirl on 05-23-09 01:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

nuskrappa
Diva
nuskrappa
In response to PEIgirl

hi, ive had my atg gun for a few weeks now and i totally love it! i have the red one and i believe most of the atg gun owners here use the red one. it uses the 1/4 inch adhesive. you will not regret buying one... they are awesome!

good luck!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 05-23-09 01:47 PM
In response to nuskrappa

ATG 714, the red one. The smaller tape is easier to use on the small, then stuff. Oh and I love mine too!!

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to PEIgirl

I have both of them. I use the 1/4 inch one (red) on photos with the acid free tape. I use the yellow one with the 1/2 inch when I have to do paper to paper. I only have that one b/c I used to work at home for a company that closed and they had given me the gun and TONS of tape and didn't want it back when they closed. I absolutely love them and can't imagine scrapping without them!

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 05-23-09 01:50 PM
In response to nuskrappa

I have the ATG 700 I bought it because my LSS sells it and I used a 50% off to buy it , I really dont know the difference between the 700 and 714 but I can only tell you: I LOOOOOVE MY ATG 700!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to nuskrappa

There is a yellow and a red one and I am just wondering what one most scrappers prefer?
It's far more economical to get the Red 714. You don't need the wider glue tapes which cost more per foot than the 1/4" wide ones.

Is size the only difference?
Yes. These refill tapes are not make to change out in mid-rolls. If I need it wider, I run another strip next to the first one.

Does each model only do one size of adhesive?
The Yellow will use wider tapes. With the adapter it can use the 1/4". Again, it's not like you're gonna switch rolls for different uses. So the cost of the yellow one with the adapter is gonna be more than the red one.

Do scrappers generally like the 1/4 or the 1/2 inch?
These are all serious glues. Very strong. I rarely need a second strip of 1/4" glue next to my first strip. Quarter inch is perfect for most ribbons. Costs less than the other sizes.

Can you tell I love my ATG?

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I have the red one and I love it! Worth every penny!

New Kid On the Block
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Well it's interesting to see all you all who like this tape gun because I hate the thing. I paid full price for the red one on the recomend of a teacher but I have had nothing but trouble with it. If the tape breaks it's half an hour to to fix it. You might as well throw that roll away - which is hard to do because they are pricey. I'm thinking I don't have the right flick of the wrist when I use it or something because it's always getting stuck to itself, or the inside of the applicator, or putting down a skimpy little string of tape that balls up at the end. Not recomend from me :-(((

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to ginacan2

Have the red one, LOVE it!!! use it exclusively now, spent so much money on Tombow. I did find technique tricky when first using it, when to pick up the gun to end the strip. however the trick for me is repeating the same way over and over...otherwise its gummy city, but the tombow used to do the same thing if I accidentally flipped it over when picking it up.

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to riverroadrn

I have the red one! I love it, love it, love it! It is the only tape runner I use.

ginacan2
maybe you should you tube how to load and use the gun...I guarantee that once you get it there will be no turning back!

Croppin4Christ
Guru
Croppin4Christ
In response to gg loves Matthew

I finally bought it a few weeks back, the 714 and I LOVE IT!!!! The kids love it. My scrap buddies love it!! It is so worth the money!

At the convention, during a make n' take everyone got to use one! Wonderful product.

My question: What is the difference in the ATG 714 and the Tape Depot,,,mmmmmm, now I forgot the number...just 50...or 750....darn it!!! Well, anyway, the one the Tape Depot sells? It is for half the price of the 714.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ginacan2

• ginacan2 Said:
Well it's interesting to see all you all who like this tape gun because I hate the thing. I paid full price for the red one on the recomend of a teacher but I have had nothing but trouble with it. If the tape breaks it's half an hour to to fix it. You might as well throw that roll away - which is hard to do because they are pricey. I'm thinking I don't have the right flick of the wrist when I use it or something because it's always getting stuck to itself, or the inside of the applicator, or putting down a skimpy little string of tape that balls up at the end. Not recomend from me :-(((

where do you get your adhesive?? Happened to me once, and scotch told me it was OLD adhesive,,,,,,

never had another problem,,,,,

I'm not understanding why it takes an hour to rethread??

Just break or cut the tape, and re-thread,,,,30 seconds, tops,,,,,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

Oh, and I agree with Gina,,,,,watch the you-Tube videos,,,,,,,

MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH better than the directions!!!!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to ginacan2

• ginacan2 Said:

Sounds like you have a bad gun or bad glue. I've used over 4 dozen refills and only had one break on me. My fault on it breaking and I was able to reload the broken tape almost as quickly as I could a new roll.

And it's not a flick of the wrist that breaks the adhesive strip. The method is to keep the gun on the paper after you're done applying the glue. Release the trigger and drag the gun a bit. This will break the glue from the roll. NOW you can lift the gun from the paper.

PM me if you would like more help with your gun. I bought my gun from a framing supply company and bought my refills there, too. $40 for the gun and slightly over $3 a refill.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Yes well, Vivian, I'd like to know why you NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR told me how AWESOME stickles were???????/ huh huh huh????????? some friend YOU are!!!!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Croppin4Christ

• Croppin4Christ Said:
I finally bought it a few weeks back, the 714 and I LOVE IT!!!! The kids love it. My scrap buddies love it!! It is so worth the money!

At the convention, during a make n' take everyone got to use one! Wonderful product.

My question: What is the difference in the ATG 714 and the Tape Depot,,,mmmmmm, now I forgot the number...just 50...or 750....darn it!!! Well, anyway, the one the Tape Depot sells? It is for half the price of the 714.

This is where I tested the Tape Depot tape, 928 refills and the GOLD refills.

Day 141 May 21 By Vivian Loves BLING

In the description of the image there's alot of information about the two guns.

Day 135 May 15 By Vivian Loves BLING

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

I use the yellow....got it for $30 when LSS went out of business.....use 3/4 & 1/4 ....prefer 3/4....I find I spend far less on adhesive than when I was using tombow or ducky...... Love it! Glad I bought it!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
Yes well, Vivian, I'd like to know why you NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR told me how AWESOME stickles were???????/ huh huh huh????????? some friend YOU are!!!!!!

Well, you're already addicted to the ATG and to Stickles. Do you have a Cricut?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

Well, you're already addicted to the ATG and to Stickles. Do you have a Cricut?

yup That was the first thing I was enabled of

Croppin4Christ
Guru
Croppin4Christ

Thanks Vivian...you are a scrapbooking encyclopedia!!!

My tape has never broken, but I did have to break it. Tried to show my ds how to use it and he went forward instead of backwards!!!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics