Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: ribbon storage        (Topic#1506281)
angie girl
Diva
angie girl

I have this thing with buying ribbon. It just screams "BUY ME" when I'm at the stores...so now I have tons, but I'm clueless about storage ideas.

Please share with me your ribbon storage ideas. Most of what I have is almost full spools (of all sizes), not much "scrap" lengths...so I need that kind of storage ideas.

Thanks so much in advance!

Pattie G.
Idol
Pattie G.
In response to angie girl

you could try the pull-ez ribbon purse...

Kimberly29
Veteran
Kimberly29
In response to Pattie G.

I really liek the Ribbon Ring system, you can hang the rings jsut about anywhere, so it gives you alittle more room instead of jsut putting it on a shelf.

I have a few photos in my gallery of the ribbon rings system. depending on the size of the ring, I have the largest size, 3 in diameter it can hold QUITE a bit of ribbon.

And since I know I won't be using for the most part a full 12in.+ I will cut the ribbon down to 2ft lenghts

Edited by Kimberly29 on 06-01-09 03:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to Kimberly29

I use one of those pantry door shelving things & just bolted it to my wall. & the plastic containers on the bottom are from container store.

My sunshine room By Scrapalooza

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Kimberly29

I have mine in "bathroom bins"- plastic rectangular boxes that have round holes cut in them. I put a dowel thru it short way and string the spools of ribbon onto those. It works really well. I don't want to pull all the ribbon off the spools and dump it into the pull-ez and I don't want to put them on rings and I don't want to wrap them around clothes pins so this works for me so far. This picture doesn't have them totally organized but you can see what I use.

Feb. 1, 2009 By Seaexplore

KristiL
Veteran
KristiL
In response to Pattie G.

I love my pull-ez ribbon purse!!

Ribbon storage
By KristiL

D3inKs
D3inKs 
Idol
D3inKs
In response to KristiL

I'm like you. I love love love ribbon!!! here is how I store mine. I take it off the spools.

ribbon storage

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to D3inKs

I'm also looking for ribbon storage ideas. I've never seen the ribbon purse before, but I like it.

I also saw a video on youtube of a woman who had a box-version similar to it. When I saw the box, I was thinking i might try to make one out of a baby-wipes box. Not sure how I'd get the holes in it, but I'm sure it could be done quite easily. I don't have a crop-a-dile, but I'm thinking the big bite might do the job.

jBlaze
jBlaze 
Tenant
jBlaze
In response to mercytiara

I have ribbon problems too. Once in a while I get it put away nice, then I go ribbon shopping and don't get around to it and it is a mess again.

Mimmy96
Veteran
Mimmy96
In response to mercytiara

I have tried many ways and finally came up with this... This is by far my favorite!!! It just plain rain gutters from lowes! I used the vinyl ones!
Updated Scrapbook Room By Mimmy96

Mrs. Gibbs
Veteran
Mrs. Gibbs
In response to Mimmy96

Such great ideas, I can't wait to try some to help me organize!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Mrs. Gibbs

here's my DREAM ribbon organization-

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

my next house/room will have this!

JennAboo
Expert
JennAboo
In response to Mimmy96

• Mimmy96 Said:
I have tried many ways and finally came up with this... This is by far my favorite!!! It just plain rain gutters from lowes! I used the vinyl ones!
Updated Scrapbook Room By Mimmy96

I stole this idea. I LOVE it. I also turned a $4.00 clear plastic make-up bag in to a ribbon hold by punching holes in it. It is in the pic also. Sitting on top of the white shelf on my desk.

My ribbon holders
By Jeniffenner

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to JennAboo

This is how I store mine...I have several of these containers full....It works for me and takes up little space.

Ribbon storage
By Patti Poo

identicaltriplets
Veteran
identicaltriplets
In response to Patti Sylvia

Rolls take up a ton of room. I always take them off the rolls. You can see mine here in the gallery. There is also a link there to my blog post showing just how much room it saves getting them off the rolls. Hope it helps. I have had my storage this way for many years, and I LOVE it.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to identicaltriplets

Ribbon Storage By KellyCali

Jesseka
Expert
Jesseka
In response to KellyCali

I used to use jars to sort. But then I was limited on storage space (maybe a good thing if you cant stop buying!)

I recently moved and I am in the process of reorganizing everything. My ribbon is going on ribbon rings. It feels like it is taking forever (well worth it.. its looking much better).

The pros I see so far - Ribbon is crinkled as much (as a jar), and you can see all that you have.

cons: if you have a lot of big rolls you cant put it all up, the solution is to display a yard or so and use the inventory dots, or mark the tag that you have a lot more.

To stay organized I only keep 2 yards of a type of ribbon (very rarely i keep extra if I really love it) then I swap the rest in swaps for other ribbon and scrapbooking embellies.

I will have pictures later this week but here are a couple links int he gallery of other girls who use them:
http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=191710...

sb.com has ones by chicory chic, and the ones I have are called Ribbon Ring, if you google it you can find it. I purchased the bulk pack so I have room to grow.
Products Referenced in This Post:

KellyMB
Resident
KellyMB
In response to Jesseka

My Dad and BIL built me this awesome ribbon rack!
http://kellyspages.typepad.com/.a/6a00e3933556758834011...

My loose ribbon is in jars, and my spooled ribbon is on this awesome rack!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to KellyMB

This is mine and I love it, I am so glad I took the time to wind the ribbons. I got the idea from the veggie site (I think but I am not sure)

url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/scrapro om/2041195.html][/url] Ribbon storage By CorrieW

momofasoldier
Idol
momofasoldier
In response to CorrieW

I also use the rain gutter. Its the best system
I've found so far and it hold ALOT of ribbon.

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics