Page 3 of 1080 
Username Post: *Stickles Lovers* COF/gallery support group (Full and Active)        (Topic#1506547)
c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
Yep I have a cleaning schedule too.

*SNORT*

My cleaning schedule consists of making sure dishes aren't stacked too high on the counter and making sure the bed is made at least in time to crawl into it again for the night.

Laundry once a week, whatever day I have off.

Vacuuming...only if the carpet is obviously dirty. Otherwise, hubby takes care of it when he can't stand it anymore (which happens before I can't stand it anymore, so he's the one to usually take care of it). Dusting is the same way...and I *never* care how much dust collects.

I am the Queen of the 5-minute Clean-up - go through, throw all the big stuff into its proper place...or some reasonable facsimile...in 5 minutes before company arrives.

Um, have I mentioned that housework is not my forte?

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • foltzy Said:
Yep I have a cleaning schedule too.

*SNORT*

My cleaning schedule consists of making sure dishes aren't stacked too high on the counter and making sure the bed is made at least in time to crawl into it again for the night.

Laundry once a week, whatever day I have off.

Vacuuming...only if the carpet is obviously dirty. Otherwise, hubby takes care of it when he can't stand it anymore (which happens before I can't stand it anymore, so he's the one to usually take care of it). Dusting is the same way...and I *never* care how much dust collects.

I am the Queen of the 5-minute Clean-up - go through, throw all the big stuff into its proper place...or some reasonable facsimile...in 5 minutes before company arrives.

I like that.. for I only have 5 min blocks here and there...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Ok.. going now

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to moxiegirl23

Um, if I love Stickles but don't necessarily use them a lot, can I still play here?

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
I must get a schedule and stick with it.

What's your CJ schedule, Dawnie?

NonnasLove
Idol
NonnasLove
In response to c-leaper

Me, me, me.....raising my hand wildly!!! Thank you. Running to get a haircut.........will check in later.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
Jenni

So you said Kim found some $$ for the semester?

Uh, yeah.

I was checking in her student stuff online last night (looking to see if there was a chance of her getting student health insurance). For funsies, decided to click the financial aid tab.

We've got a Pell Grant waiting, a Frank O'Bannon grant (former gov of Indiana), and a couple loans approved - all to the tune of $17000+ for the school year if she's a full-time student.

She doesn't have enough have-to classes left to take to make two full semesters, but she can pad it with some funsie stuff while she waits out the spring semester to see whether she gets straight into the nursing program or not.

She dislikes her job enough that she's seriously considering it.

When I looked at the projected breakdown of expenses, the only one that made me LOL was that they only estimate $500/semester for books & supplies. As LizF, Shirley and a couple others discussed a couple nights ago, that might pay for ONE class. OTOH, She'd be getting about $1000/month for room & board, and since we already take care of the "room" part (paying her mortgage & homeowners fees), some of that money could be used elsewhere.

I honestly went to bed crying last night...so glad that we're FINALLY getting some help after all this time of hearing how easy it should be fore single moms to get school money.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to NonnasLove

• NonnasLove Said:
Me, me, me.....raising my hand wildly!!! Thank you. Running to get a haircut.........will check in later.

PAT!!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to c-leaper

Is this where I am supposed to be?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

Umm, I guess there's no one at home right now.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

Jenni - Hope all the school stuff works out for Kim.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
can I just say that I am on pace to be caught up with 2009 by Saturday night and on pace to be finished with 2008 maybe by the end of June probably the end of July! And then it's onto my Disney 2008 albums and my CM career album.

Rock on Girl!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
My summer has started... I am going to be busy.

DD is staying home with us Tues and Thur. I work on Mon and Wed (in the office) and Fri (part of the day from home).

I've got a schedule going. There will be review time in the morning.. I got exercise books for the kids to do. Then it's a little PBS/Disney time (TV). On Tues, it'll be grocery/food shopping, then lunch and craft/baking/cooking time. On Thurs, it'll be 'field trip' (museums/play/library/aqu atic centers). In the afternoon, there will some reading time . Then a bit more PBS time.. snacks, and then swimming lessons for both.

Sounds fun. Where do I sign up for this summer camp?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
the best thing I ever did was set a schedule.

monday is kitchen cleaning day. Obviously I clean up messes in there daily, but Monday is the day I clean all the appliances, wipe down the cabinets, do the floor, etc.
Tuesday is bathroom day
Wednesday is Living room, thursday is the dining room's turn and Friday is the bedroom.

I'm so less stressed now that I've been doing this, and my house is cleaner, easier to clean and more peaceful.

I had one. It used to work for me. Then along came kids and their therapy/sports/education/ club schedules. went the schedule!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I have a light carpet, and it's even worse because the road sand stains it and there are coffee stains and juice stains in it. I'd much rather have hardwood everywhere.

Same in my house - it shows everything. And my understanding (from other neighbors that have done it) the house has a hardwood floor under the carpet. It was built back when they used hardwood as the subfloor.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:

My 5 minute clean up plan is the "B plan" bathtub and bedroom. Everything gets chucked into those two places because shower curtains and bedroom doors hide a multitude of sins.

I also don't dust. I would if our living room didn't have 2 huge bookcases with over 100 12 inch GI Joes on them, but it does and they collect a lot of dust and there's no way I'm moving all of them around to dust. John does it when he's bored and wants to play Joes.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I'm holed up in my room with the a/c on full blast. It's not that hot outside but standing in the street for an hour got me to sweating and what was just the right temp feels overbearingly hot.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • c-leaper Said:

My 5 minute clean up plan is the "B plan" bathtub and bedroom. Everything gets chucked into those two places because shower curtains and bedroom doors hide a multitude of sins.

I also don't dust. I would if our living room didn't have 2 huge bookcases with over 100 12 inch GI Joes on them, but it does and they collect a lot of dust and there's no way I'm moving all of them around to dust. John does it when he's bored and wants to play Joes.

Here in AZ, it is unreal how fast things get dusty!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to DawnInAZ

so there was major drahmah at John's LARP last weekend. People found a loophole in the game that they used to satisfy out of game grudges and other BS and a lot of people were very upset by the end of the weekend. Because it was the game he casts at and writes plot for, people have been IMing, emailing and calling ever since. He posted on FB that he was sick of hearing about it and being asked to fix stuff, because he can't and added: "Also yes the rumors are true, I am seriously considering it."

I asked him what is he seriously considering. He said going as a player again (which costs money, ew!) or quitting altogether. So I posted the following comment: I swear by all that's holy, if anyone causes him to quit going to MJ, I will unleash wrath like you all have never seen before.

We'll see how some of his gamers respond to that.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• moxiegirl23 Said:
so there was major drahmah at John's LARP last weekend. People found a loophole in the game that they used to satisfy out of game grudges and other BS and a lot of people were very upset by the end of the weekend. Because it was the game he casts at and writes plot for, people have been IMing, emailing and calling ever since. He posted on FB that he was sick of hearing about it and being asked to fix stuff, because he can't and added: "Also yes the rumors are true, I am seriously considering it."

I asked him what is he seriously considering. He said going as a player again (which costs money, ew!) or quitting altogether. So I posted the following comment: I swear by all that's holy, if anyone causes him to quit going to MJ, I will unleash wrath like you all have never seen before.

We'll see how some of his gamers respond to that.

So if we see a wee mushroom cloud over NH, we know it was Liz "laying down the gamer hammer."

Page 3 of 1080 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics