Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What do you do when this happens?        (Topic#1506561)
scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey

My Cats Eye ink pads are coming off of the plastic... What do I do?

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to scrappinmonkey

mine did that too. I think a lot of people just glue them back down. I haven't messed with it because I just don't use them that much.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to Nancy Keslin

I've heard that hot glue works.

denitza
Mayor
denitza
In response to JayAndXansMom

One of mine did the same. Haven't figure out how to glue it yet!

Ninja
Ninja  
Mayor
Ninja
In response to denitza

I have had a few of these do this, but not many compared to what I have. Ihave just put some tacky glue on and stuck it back on and I don't think they have came back off either... and I use mine all the time!

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Ninja

I used Heidi Swapp 's Scrappy Glue and glued the pad back on worked like a charm...

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to Renee77

mine did the same thing, no clue of what to do with them, but will try the glue.

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to Scrappin Kitty

Mine did the same thing, but they had the help of a toddler! lol. I didn't know glue would hold them back down, but I'll definitely try that!

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to Crystal B.

one thing is for sure, a friend of mine had this happen at a crop a few month back and I gave her Glue Dots to try...didnt work at all! lol

I havent had this happen to mine yet, so I'm not sure what would work best...but I wonder what kind of glue they use to begin with??

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Diva Scraps

I think there are some other threads about this. People have glued them back on, but I don't know what kind of glue.

I haven't had the problem. I crop with a big group, and I think one person has had this happen.

The superstore does have them too:

nancyhyland
Idol
nancyhyland
In response to Bxr-Linda

I have used super glue and it has worked perfectly

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to nancyhyland

I have a friend who asked me the other day about this, I'll have to tell her super glue will work.

hdsue
hdsue 
Guru
hdsue
  • hdsue on 06-04-09 05:13 PM
In response to DivaDana

oh gosh this just happened to me for the first time glad to know im not the only one..and its the one i use the most

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to hdsue

Oh.. this happened to me too! A few days ago! I'll try glue.. thanks!!!

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to jellyziva

I'll try the hot glue gun!

Linda, I didn't realize those were the same!!! Mine are all in a stack.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit

I have quite a few Cats Eye ink pads, which I usually get in sets because they're more economical. Out of all of those I have had only one come loose. It was that way when I purchased it so I e-mailed the company to find out how to re-attach it. Following is the answer:

"Sorry to hear about your ink pad falling off. To re-glue your pad, wipe excess ink from the base with a damp paper towel, wipe dry. Apply cyanoacrylac glue to the base and place pad on top, press into place. It helps if you let the pad sit for awhile to let the glue set up. We have found that E6000 glue works too. If this does not work for you please let us know. We will give you an RMA # so you can return it for replacement."

I had to Google cyanoacrylac to find out what that is in plain English. It's Super Glue, Crazy Glue, Loctite or Insta-Bond.

This is EASY to do, and although a couple years have passed, I've had no further problem.

lucy e
lucy e 
Veteran
lucy e
In response to Ms. Fit

A hot glue gun works - I'll have to give the crazy glue a try.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to lucy e

I read this thread a few days ago and patted myself on the back for buying the petal points instead of the cats eyes so I wouldn't have to worry about this... I'm sure you can see where this is going...

Last night I'm inking some paper, and lo and behold, pad separates from holder. Now I must drag out the hot-glue gun and see if I can fix my petal points without having to go buy some Super Glue.

Lisa

LotsToScrap
Idol
LotsToScrap

Glued mine back on with Tombo, so far so good.

mrbabcock
Veteran
mrbabcock
In response to LotsToScrap

I also glued mine back on with Tombo Mono multi, seems to be holding. Incidentally this has happenned to about 5 of mine.

Aggravating, as this is not the first post about this issue! Hint hint to colorbox...

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics