Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: What do you regret buying the most?        (Topic#1506805)
Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

It has been a while since this subject came up...What do you regret buying the most?

For me I would have to say the Instant Setter. A crop-a-dile is a BILLION times easier to use.

past threads on this subject
What Scrapbooking Tool Did You Waste Money On?

Things you know you shouldn't have purchased because you don't use them at all or rarely

What are your worst purchases?

WORST

Waste of money and must haves!!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Probably my Revolution, but I bought it just before I bought my Cricut. It was on sale so I didn't spend a lot on it and it's small enough to easily bring to crops, so it's not a big regret!

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 06-07-09 03:43 PM

All the ugly paper I have bought lol. Probably followed by the fastenator. Its just so hard to get them where you want them.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

My Sizzix alphabets sets. Five sets...like brand new. Sitting on a shelf in my closet collecting dust. Over $400 wasted. I wish I would have known about the Cricut before I sunk so much money into my Sizzix stuff. I still use the sizzlits and shapes...but the alphas are such a waste. Oh well..live and learn

Grumpy Girl
Mayor
Grumpy Girl
In response to DittoBabyGirl

All of my DCWV stacks, I never use them, not sure what I was thinking! Next garage sell at my LSS I am going to try and sell them off!

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to Grumpy Girl

I would have to say my fastenator. I ended up selling in on ebay.

Cindy M
Pro
Cindy M
In response to momtokatie

Send *ME* all your unwanted scrappy goodness! I tried thinking about the one thing that I've purchased that I'm sorry about and I really can't think of anything. I pretty much use everything I've bought so far. I do try and read reviews and such before hand. There are some things that I don't use as much as others, but... nothing that I'm sorry I bought.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Cindy M

I'd have to say my light table for embossing with stencils, I ended up RAKing it to Vivian. I hope she and her crop customers will get good use of it.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Cindy M

Thickers,,,especially alphas,,,

thank goodness I didnt' spend much on them,,,they're just not my thing, and i don't see the big deal,,,,,,though I did like the chit chat shapes the best,,,

and I thank GOODNESS I didn't buy the fuzzy red ones that look like they'd only work with an Elmo LO,,,

scrappymom5
Idol
scrappymom5
In response to CommaHolly

I would have to say my Sizzix. I only use maybe once in a great while.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to scrappymom5

I'm with another poster; so far I use and enjoy all my goodies. However, I am grateful that I only bought ONE pair of decorative scissors instead of the pack of ten I originally wanted. One is all I need and only every now and then.

I've invested in several packages of grungeboard. I love them but suspect I'll need a break from them soon and even then I'll still use them. IE; I used a few as stencils to get cute letters for a LO. I wanted to spell out Thanksgiving but wanted a pattern in the letters. Who needs a 400 dollar Cricut when you can use left overs for free?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to MommaSaid

cricuts aren't 400.00 is why I've saved TONS with my 155.00 cricut I never buy alphas anymore, I just make them whatever size I want on my cricut with whatever scraps of pp I have laying around

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

Interesting. Here, at least whenever I look/not on sale, they are 400. Someone somewhere has them for less now, but I still don't see the need. Then again, I also don't have the space.

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog
In response to scrappymom5

I would say my cuddlebug alpha dyes. Never use them. I am getting into embossing and hopefully will use my bigkick.

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog
In response to mollydog

I use my cricut but somes I like to use thickers or stickers.

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to mollydog

I would say alot of pp that I bought at Joann's on sale at 5 or 6 sheets for $1.....and a couple of DCWV stacks.....the Posie one and a cardstock one. I don't and haven't used most of the pp and since I started used AC Cardstock, I no longer like the DCWV cardstock.

I'll keep it though for my grandson....he likes to come in and "scrapbook" with me on ocassion...LOL!!! I have also given some to his daycare teachers....they love the donations!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Patti Sylvia

I think I'm having a seizure, did someone say they regretted THICKERS??? man, I just bought 12 packs (alphas and shapes) from *** when they had a major sale. If you don't know that site, she sells a different product every day for a really good price, though I think the s hipping gets a bit much because its $4.99 PER ITEM.

I'm getting a Cricut on Wed and I can't wait! my bf's sister works at AC Moore, and when it was on sale for $319, she picked it up for me and also got another 20% off for her employee discount!

for me, I'd have to say the fastenator and the tag maker. I'm not sure I've *ever* used the tag maker, though I have used the fastenator, though i often mess up the staples.
Products Referenced in This Post:

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Tina scraps

The old EK success circle cutter (I think that was the one - the green/purple one). It's horrid and terribly hard to use.

I don't use my Sizzix nearly as much now that I have a Silhouette, but I did get some good use out of it for the years it was my only die cutter...probably not my money's worth though. Although I am still keeping it around to cut chipboard with.

Tons of "pretty" (as in "pretty ugly") pp. I have most of a slab left and various other packs. I still like paper packs, but I'm more selective now.

Oh, and FIBER! I can't tell you how many fiber swaps I used to do. I have an entire drawer of it and just can't find the uses for it anymore. Especially now that ribbon has replaced it as the "it" thing.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
I think I'm having a seizure, did someone say they regretted THICKERS??? .

you heard correctly,,,,,,dont care for them, lol,,,,I know everyone thinks I have lost my mind and should go out and find it,,,,,,shrugs,,,,,but I just do NOT care for them,,,,

they're better than some alpha's, I will grant you that,,,,but they STILL only come with TWO B's!!!!!

although, I did enjoy the poolside font for a mini book cover I was making,,,,

shrugs, lol,,,

vetmom
vetmom 
Veteran
vetmom

Fiskars oval cutter-I never used it. I couldn't figure it out and now I have a cricut so I no longer need it.

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics