Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Any weird/cool/interesting places to stop at on a road tip out west? :)        (Topic#1507087)
scoot297
Idol
scoot297
In response to Karen B

Old Tucson is great. It's more "touristy" after it was partially rebuilt after the fire in the mid-90's, but still great to visit! Lots of popular movies have been filmed there over the years.

scoot297
Idol
scoot297
In response to scoot297

Also in Tucson is the San Xavier del Bac mission. Absolutely gorgeous mission from the 1700's. It's known as the "White Dove of the Desert".

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to katie777

• katie777 Said:
Have you ever been to Yosemite? BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm sure there are some awesome waterfalls this time of year. Since we have still had snow in the mountains and it's been cold here.

I concur!

Gorgeousness all-around!

Deer, cliffs, peaks, waterfalls, camping, etc!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to LuvStarGate

• LuvStarGate Said:
about a week and a half to two weeks. We are going to spend most of our time in L.A.

L.A. Museums, L.A. Zoo, Dodger Stadium, Brea Tar Pits, Universal Studios, Hollywood Walk Of Fame, etc.

p.s. Just to add to the whole California thing...Be sure to stop by In & Out Burger if you can!...(Burger, Fry & a Milkshake!)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Karen B

• Karen B Said:
Cabazon Dinosaurs might have a few funny photo ops and the gift shop inside one of the dinosaurs had some cool stuff (15-17 years ago when I used to pass it).
Cabazon, CA
http://www.cabazondinosaurs.com/main.htm

Tidbit - As seen in the 80's movie, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
  • LuvStarGate Said:
about a week and a half to two weeks. We are going to spend most of our time in L.A.

L.A. Museums, L.A. Zoo, Dodger Stadium, Brea Tar Pits, Universal Studios, Hollywood Walk Of Fame, etc.

p.s. Just to add to the whole California thing...Be sure to stop by In & Out Burger if you can!...(Burger, Fry & a Milkshake!)

OH YES! HOW COULD I FORGET THIS ONE??????? The original one is in LA I think! MUST DO! There are a ton of them in CA so you'll have LOTS of opportunity to eat there.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-13-09 07:44 AM
In response to scoot297

• scoot297 Said:
Not sure what part of TX you'll be through, but if you go through Amarillo, there is Cadillac Ranch (Stanly Marsh's creation...he's what you'd call an eccentric with way too much money and time on his hands). He also has posted signs (look like road signs) around town in Amarillo that are nonsense. Might have a strange picture or phrase on them. Kind of fun to go hunt all them out. Most of them are on the north end of town. Also in Amarillo is the trail of ponies. They are located throughout Amarillo. They are generally in front of businesses and are all painted with either art, business related things, etc. There is the Panhandle Plains History Museum in Canyon. Huge and an awesome museum. Palo Duro Canyon is cool and this time of year you can go see the play "Texas" each night. It's a nationally known play and is really good. In Lubbock you can go to the Buddy Holly museum.

We just went thru the car thingy yesterday! That was so cool! We also stopped at 'big texas" the pictures of the people on the way to the bathroom that holligraphicly change to scary images of them dead scared the ******** out of me! lol

We are in New Mexico right now. I"m watiing on DSD to get out of the shower So that I can use it.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-13-09 07:45 AM
In response to CASBa

• cschissell Said:
If you want really weird you could go to Severence in Colorado for Bruce's famous Rocky Mountain Oysters.

For more serious Colorado places I would go to the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, etc.

...um no thank you LOL. I couldn't eat balls if I had to...

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-13-09 07:45 AM
In response to Rae_M

• owen&audrasmom Said:
While on your way through Vegas, go through the Valley of Fire State Park- it's really beautiful and not that far out of the way!

What is that?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-13-09 07:47 AM
In response to Seaexplore

• seaexplore Said:
  • KellyCali Said:
  • LuvStarGate Said:

OH YES! HOW COULD I FORGET THIS ONE??????? The original one is in LA I think! MUST DO! There are a ton of them in CA so you'll have LOTS of opportunity to eat there.

note taken!

We also went to a dino museaum in T...someting or other in N.M. We couldn't pronounce it. LOL

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

keep posting your travels- Sounds like you're seeing LOTS of stuff! Who all is along?

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk

Is it Big Trees State Park you are going to, in Arnold, or are you going to see the Seqoias on 101? You will be going thru my town if you go to Big Trees State Park!!

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_ID=551

Also, if you come to the Mother Lode, Murphys is a cool little town, and so is Columbia State Park

http://www.columbiacalifornia.com/
http://www.visitmurphys.com/

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to m.perk

Hey Michelle- I think she's talking about the Redwoods State park up north. At first, Ithought she was referring to Big Trees as in near you too.

LOVE Murphy's- we used to go to Grounds all the time- and Firehouse on the way up to the snow at Lake Alpine for some tromping around in the snow.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-19-09 08:53 PM

oldest dsd is along. we did try the in and out burger and it was AWESOME!!! We're in LA. now, stopped in AZ for a few days. we went to the tar pits, and a car mesume and vience beach. But it was TO COLD to go in

scoot297
Idol
scoot297

• LuvStarGate Said:
  • seaexplore Said:
  • KellyCali Said:
  • LuvStarGate Said:

note taken!

We also went to a dino museaum in T...someting or other in N.M. We couldn't pronounce it. LOL

That would be Tucumcari, NM.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-07-09 05:47 PM
In response to Karen B

pix posted!

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics