Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What's your opinion on Zig Writer's?        (Topic#1507095)
creater1
Diva
creater1

Are they a must have? TIA

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to creater1

I was given this set as a gift a couple of years ago and love it. I have been a pen freak since 6th grade so I love them all! I also buy some of the open stock ZIG pens at my LSS because I use black and brown a lot.
Products Referenced in This Post:

New Kid On the Block
In response to kanary

definitely a must have for me! i simply love love love my zig writers! i only have the geart outdoors and carnival lights, im soo adding more to my collection

StrawberryPia
Governor
StrawberryPia
In response to rice attack

A MUST HAVE!!
And I also use Sakura microns...

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson
In response to StrawberryPia

Zig writers ARE a must. I adore mine and use them all the time. I've had them for several years now, replacing them as I use them up of course! Another Zig item i love is their Glue Pen. Super-easy to use and less messy than other options. I always have a couple on hand. And Zig's twin tips give you even more options when writing or doodling, etc. Quality products.

Edited by ASiverson on 06-11-09 01:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 06-11-09 02:33 AM
In response to ASiverson

Yes, zigs are high quality pens. I like to use the .05 tip for journaling. I also like the new acid-free sharpie pens. They're like sharpie markers but with a fine point. The nice thing about the zigs and the sharpies are that they dry instantly and don't bleed. They all write great on light or white paper.

For dark paper, I highly recommend the white signo pen. They are out of stock a lot in the superstore here, so if you decide to order one, get two! Otherwise, you'll be stranded at some point when you most want one.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to IzzyB

I bought mine last year with a 50% off coupon :-) I love that they don't bleed and are great for doodling...which I am trying to do more of. Get em!

dixiecorngirl
Governor
dixiecorngirl
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I tell you what, I have never found pens I love more. I have had some of mine for years and still using them!

PepprRN
Guru
PepprRN
In response to dixiecorngirl

I have been using calligraphy colored inks and pens for my journaling....are the Zigs easier??

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to PepprRN

Yeppers! I Bought 1 last year, now I have 6! I am working on DH to get the big box for Christmas LOL

Also a must have pen, the Signo!zig
Zig Writer - Black (Discontinued)
Zig Writer - Red (Discontinued)

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to SQ Mandi

Zigs are the some of the best waterbased markers you can have in your stash. I have a 48ct box that is 9 yrs old and works as good as the first day.

My fave Zig is the Brushable platinum marker, its the light grey pen I use on every LO to define sticker letters, outlines, borders, tone down white edges and so on.

pharmgirl
Guru
pharmgirl
In response to carbphrek

Joining the love fest! Yep - Zig's are the best !

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to pharmgirl

Yep ... I have a zig and love it - I use it pretty much on all my layouts.

I want to get more ... I honestly didn't realize they had so many colours and stuff!

imagine.lilacs
Queen
imagine.lilacs
In response to peenut_23

I have some of everything because I started my collection slowly one or two at a time: zig, marvy, tombo, SU, CTMH... I have several of the Zig bullet points that I purchased 6, 7, 8 years ago. They are just now starting to dry out.

I have found that I do have a preference for tip. Bullet, brush, or calligraphy- you don't necessarily need all three kinds. Find your favorite style and don't waste your money. I rarely use anything but the brush tips and the fine point tips, so I don't even bother buying any other style. Saved me a lot of money once I figured that out!

ScrappinTXn
Idol
ScrappinTXn
In response to creater1

Yes Yes Yes!!! Zig pens are THE best!!! Got hooked on them about 6 years ago... and that's what I'm still using! I've never had any problems with them, and they're always the first pen I go for

mrbabcock
Veteran
mrbabcock
In response to ScrappinTXn

I have to confess that I like the Sakura micron pens better for journaling. And for white, the uni-ball signo pen is the absolute best IMO.

I do like the zig pens for general doodling and for the fact that they come in a wide variety of colors.

Edited by mrbabcock on 06-11-09 08:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lauracrop
Expert
lauracrop
In response to mrbabcock

I have several different sets. Unfortunately, I do not use them as much as I thought I would.

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 06-11-09 09:05 AM
In response to lauracrop

• lauracrop Said:
I have several different sets. Unfortunately, I do not use them as much as I thought I would.

I second that! I bought a "lot" from the auction site about a year or more back...had like 6 different sets of the double tipped ones...the brush/writer I think, but I only used them a few times to color in some stamping. I don't know what to do with them! I do have a whole bunch of the .05 or .03 ones and I use those for journaling...LOVE those!

itsyscrapper
Expert
itsyscrapper
In response to creater1

You at least need one black Zig writer for journaling, but Zig writers are like a party. . .the more the merrier!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to itsyscrapper

Zigs are my favorite. I only have two right now, but want more!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics