Username Post: Monterey/Seaside?        (Topic#1507489)
DANIgirl22
Veteran
DANIgirl22

My husband is in the military and it looks like we'll be moving there for a little over a year in October. It'd be nice to get to know some scrappers in the area. Please tell me that there's some scrap stores nearby too! =D

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to DANIgirl22

well, I wish I could tell you there are scrap stores near there but alas, there are not many that I can think of off the top of my head!

I lived on "the ord" when I went to CSUMB from 95-98 and we go back there pretty frequently to hang out for the weekend because it's so beautiful. Most of the time I went to Beverly's (It's on Del Monte) to get the stuff I needed/wanted and it's a decent store.

One think you HAVE to do is hit up the Farmer's Market on Tuesdays on Alvarado street. Get there early (I think it still starts at 5) and get some DELISH fruit. I LOVED going there and don't think I ever missed a tuesday! :@

You're going to LOVE Monterey! Be sure to go down the coast to Big Sur and Carmel and hike at Point Lobos. It's wonderful! The weather is spectacular once you get off "fog" ord.

Edited by seaexplore on 06-20-09 10:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block

We scrap at someone's house in the area on a regular basis. She has a big room with lots of materials. You are welcome to join us, just email me and I will let you know when we get together,

sweetsbaker
New Kid On the Block
sweetsbaker

I live in Hollister, which is about 30-40 minutes drive to the Fort Ord area. My best friend is in Marina and her house backs up to Fort Ord. We LOVE to scrapbook and have both recently bought Cricuts. We're LOVING our new toys!!! Let me know when you get to this area and maybe we can get a big group together! There is a new Michael's in Seaside and Beverly's is still there too. But in terms of scrapbook stores, the closest that I know of are in San Jose. It's not too bad of a drive considering how much fun we have shopping for our obsession!!

sweetsbaker
New Kid On the Block
sweetsbaker
In response to Babbling_Babs

Hi Babs, where do you guys scrap? I live in Hollister and my best friend is in Marina. I have had "the girls" to my house as I have a large area for lots of tables....It might be nice to find another local group of girls to meet up with! (Are you going to the Scrapbook EXPO in at the Santa Clara Convention Center? August 7-8th I think...)

DANIgirl22
Veteran
DANIgirl22
In response to sweetsbaker

Sorry about not replying until now. I took a break to have a baby! =)

Anyways, thanks for all the info! Maybe I can get together with some of you and scrap! It'll be nice since I know NO ONE in the area!

Tenant

Happened upon this topic and wanted to kind of askt the same thing as the original poster, only I have lived on the Peninsula for quite a while now. I have been searching but can't really find any scrapbookers here! Anyone on here live in this area?

Esmee
Esmee 
Resident
Esmee
  • Esmee on 07-12-11 09:48 AM
In response to 09122007

I would also ask the same thing! We're about to move from the Netherlands to Monterey (Planned: August/September).

Scrappintay2
New Kid On the Block
Scrappintay2
In response to Esmee

I am new to the area, lived in Fresno for over 30 years prior to moving here. I have scrapbooked for almost 15 years, I have a lot of friends I scrapbook with in Fresno, and I am looking for ladies to scrapbook with here if possible.

Esmee
Esmee 
Resident
Esmee
  • Esmee on 02-14-12 12:24 PM
In response to Scrappintay2

We've been there in January, hope to move at least this summer.

Learned all about the different stores in the neigbourhood. I let you know if we are actually moving

(the lawyer turned out to be very lazy, she didn't apply for any visa and blamed the authoritys!!. So the company my husbands works for gave her a really hot pepper we hope to know more in march).

New Kid On the Block
In response to Esmee

We just moved here in January, my husband has been TDY since we moved here. I need to get caught up on scrapbooking. Does anyone know of any crops near seaside or scrapbook stores?

Tenant
In response to kycowgirl1979

I live in the Napa Valley but organize crops all over Northern Cal. Would love you to join us. Email me directly at [email protected] Hope to hear from you! Alice Narlock

Tenant
In response to 09122007

I live up in the Napa Valley but organize crops all over Northern California. Would love you to join us! SO much fun! Email me directly at [email protected] Hope to hear from you! Alice Narlock

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics