Username Post: cuttlebug owners        (Topic#1507519)
cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

I have 2 questions they are:
1. My lettering plates curved has anybody had this happen? If so do you know why.

2. I love the embossing folders but sometimes they are too small what do you do to cover a larger piece of paper what do you do?

Ninja
Ninja  
Mayor
Ninja
In response to cutencrafty

I have had my plates curve too, not sure why, the only thing I thought was when I first got it I put the wrong thickness in thus, making it too tight, but some didn't cut all the way though, so I would add a little thickness and that is what happen, good to know someone else experienced this, thought it was jut me!

I only really use the embossing folder to make cards, but have found I would like them to cover a little more area at times.

Edited by Ninja on 06-16-09 10:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Ninja

flip the plates over after you cut- this should prevent them from getting TOO warped- it's normal

as for covering a larger area, you can TRY (I've never been able to) match up the pattern and do more- maybe for a longer piece? I don't know- keep me posted if you figure out a way to do this!

Tenant
In response to Seaexplore

I bought some of the sizzix texturz plates for bigger areas. But you will need Sizzix's starter kit or a plumber's mat to use it... here is a link to instructions...

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14762...

Products Referenced in This Post:

KaityBlue
Expert
KaityBlue
In response to Ninja

yes my alphas are slightly curved. so I guess it happens to everyone. sigh. at least for right now they still work right, and I do have the cricut if they ever quit working right. as for the folders not being large enough, I agree and wondered why they are not the right size for the A@ cards since they are called A2 folders. to make up for the difference in size, I just cut a piced of card stock that does fit with the folder, emboss it, and attach it to the card,then it looks like I have a border.

ljmorganx2
Expert
ljmorganx2
In response to KaityBlue

I have never had the dies themselves curve only the B plate, which I flip as I cut to compensate for the curve.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to ljmorganx2

My B plate is a little warped, but not my dies either.

I've tried to match up the images to emboss a larger area, but it doesn't work very well for me. They are coming out with 5x7 folders soon though! (I read about it on a post on the Cricut board.) I'm excited to pick up a few of the larger folders.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to married05

My dies have not warped but the B plate has. I just flip it over and run it through and it seems to straighten back out. I cannot imagine the dies themselves warping though, they are pretty thick...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics