Username Post: Creative ideas for ultrasound pics        (Topic#1507527)
scoot297
Idol
scoot297

I never realized how many ultrasound pics we would end up with during the pregnancy! I've had 3 ultrasounds and the pictures are starting to pile up. I am going to use one in the actual baby album, but does anyone have a creative way to use all the other pictures? Seems like a mini album may be a bit boring to most people if it's filled with just u/s pics, but there's got to be a cute way to scrap most of them...any ideas???

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 06-16-09 11:27 AM
In response to scoot297

You could scrap the ultrasound picture with the photo of your belly for the month (if you do them every month) to document the size of the baby and your belly.

petergabrielfan
Queen
petergabrielfan
In response to CASBa

I'm pregnant with twins this time around so I've had an ultrasound every single time. I haven't scrapped them so no ideas on that, but my biggest suggestion is to get another copy of all of them. The ones from my last pregnancy 4 years ago have already faded and my friend's from 10 years ago are severely damaged from fingerprints and aging. I've taken photos of each of them and the photos come out surprisingly well compared to scanning them. Just my two cents!

scoot297
Idol
scoot297
In response to CASBa

I could start that I guess. I haven't been taking monthly pics, but I'm only 18 weeks, so I guess I could start now...

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to scoot297

I have heard that the ultra sound pictures do fade.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 06-16-09 11:55 AM
In response to cutencrafty

laminate or seal them with clear contact paper to prevent fading.

I like the idea of monthly with belly pictures. Your other option is one layout on ultrasounds with a first and last picture and an envy with all the others safely tucked away.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to j3Mel

My layout isn't that clever but I liked the title. The ultrasound photos are so much more sophisticated now....when I had it done 24 years ago you couldn't always tell where the baby was. My dd looked like a peanut..but it was exciting to see anyway. The photo is old but still looks fresh. It should be ok in an album.
I forget the company who does this but I saw at a Scrapbooking Expo a large silhouette of a pg woman and there was a hole in the belly behind which you placed the ultrasound photo.
I did this layout a couple years ago...nowadays it would have flowers or bling all over it.
Love at First Sight By Dollscrap

timetraveler
Guru
timetraveler
In response to dollscrap

i have suggestion to preserve them laminate them

grammykimmy
Expert
grammykimmy
In response to timetraveler

My ultrasound pictures from 24 (twins) and 26 years ago have not faded yet. I have noticed that the newer ultrasound pictures are just on a thin paper. My U/S pic from 17 years ago was like a negative. There are 6 different pictures on one 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. Have no idea how to scrap that one.

Edited by grammykimmy on 06-16-09 01:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mustangkayla
Guru
mustangkayla
In response to grammykimmy

I had lots of complications with DS and had ultrasounds done weekly, so I did a two page layout showing the growth, one picture from each ultrasound (these were the smaller ones on thin paper) and then did a layout with my favorite larger (on photo paper, thicker paper) ultrasound pic. I also did a pocket page and slipped all the ultrasound pics I hadn't used on a layout in that pocket.

~ShawnaH~
Veteran
~ShawnaH~
In response to mustangkayla

I scanned mine then had them printed on photo paper. They look great. No fading. I did save the originals but you should expose them to light.

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson
In response to ~ShawnaH~

My neice just had her second child several months ago. When she would get her ultrasound, she'd send me copies via email. I printed them off and when the baby was born, I made a LO, sort of a before and after!

alysmom09
Expert
alysmom09
In response to ASiverson

This is how I scrapped mine. I did scan them and print out as pictures just to make sure they would last.

Waiting for Baby By Alysmom09

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to alysmom09

This is one from my dd who is now 13. It hasn't faded yet so I'm crossing my fingers and will most likely take it apart to laminate or copy it!

First Photos
By Provinca

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics