Username Post: EK Success slim punch        (Topic#1507701)
Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

I saw a punch at Michaels the other day. It's one of the new slim design EK Success border punches. The particular design is a large scallop with 2 small curved cutouts inside.

I almost bought it, but was unsure if the cutouts would punch well.

I went to the LSS and asked about it. She hadn't seen that design, but said she'd had good luck with those punches.

I looked at the superstore here to see if there are any reviews. I can't find the punch here.

I went to the EK Success website and can't find the design.

Now I'm thinking I'm going crazy.
With my limited description, has anyone seen this?
Products Referenced in This Post:

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to Bxr-Linda

I have a few of the new EK Success border punches and have been very happy with them. Neither of the ones I purchased are available here either.

I am unsure which one you are talking about, but I am sure that they will work fine.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Nancy Keslin

I bought one last week, it's a large scallop made up of tiny scallops and there are tiny diamonds inside the scallops. It works beautifully, even on my thickest cardstock

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Here Kitty

I bought the large scalloped punch too love it! Can't wait for more time to play!

Kimberly29
Veteran
Kimberly29
In response to Bxr-Linda

I think i have the one you are talking about...let me post a picture in my gallery...

Kimberly29
Veteran
Kimberly29
In response to Kimberly29

Is this the one you were talking about.??

If it is...the 2 smaller arches aren't actually punched out.. they emboss those two shapes.. I was sort of p**Sed off about it when I got it and went to use it.. it does the big scallop but the two smaller only emboss those shapes..

EK Success punch By Kimberly29

Edited by Kimberly29 on 06-18-09 01:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories

• Kimberly29 Said:
Is this the one you were talking about.??

If it is...the 2 smaller arches aren't actually punched out.. they emboss those two shapes.. I was sort of p**Sed off about it when I got it and went to use it.. it does the big scallop but the two smaller only emboss those shapes..

EK Success punch By Kimberly29

My mother has this one and she loves it.

Kimberly29
Veteran
Kimberly29
In response to Mix-on the Memories

yea.... i was sort of really disappointed it didn't cut out those two other arches.. i wouldn't have bought it if i knew that.

lstory 
Mayor

I started to get that one yesterday but got the large scallop one Amy got instead. That makes my fifth slimline border punch. I'm in love!
Lisa

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 06-18-09 05:35 PM
In response to Bxr-Linda

I have seen the one you are talking about. I dont have it, but have quite a few and I love their punches!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Hev

Thanks Kimberly. That IS the one I was looking at.

It looked to me like the smaller arches cut out, which was my concern. Now, I'm really not sure I'd like it, if those don't cut, but only emboss. Hmmmm...

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Bxr-Linda

I thought I was going crazy, because I couldn't find that punch on the EK Success website.

I think that's weird. Don't you think they'd have ALL their products on their website?

Cindy M
Pro
Cindy M
In response to Bxr-Linda

I have that same one and was somewhat disappointed because it just embossed the inside curves, but after using it, I really like it.

Cindy M
Pro
Cindy M
In response to Cindy M

Well, just as Prima has some lines that are made exclusively for Michaels, perhaps EK Success does this as well. Just a thought.

Tenant
In response to Cindy M

I have this punch and I love it. I wasn't sure about the embossed curves but it's very subtle and I love the large scallop design. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it out at home. It's a definate keeper! Wish they'd come out with just the large scallop. I've bought quite a few of these border punches and I really like them. They don't do well on PP or thinner paper but if you back them with cardstock and then punch, it cuts right throught the thin paper and doesn't get stuck. Cuts like butter on cardstock! I noticed they don't have this on their web-site either but I don't think they update as quickly as other manufacturerers with new merchandise.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to LUVMYCATS

I dont have that punch but I did just get the scallpoed scallop punch & I love it! I love the slimline punches...they're great! I wish all of my punches were that style now! lol

Tenant
In response to Diva Scraps

i wasent' too keen on ek success but after i used it, i think it's worth it, not only the quality but overall it was very good.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics