Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Punch Reccommendation        (Topic#1507791)
Tenant

So I *insert gasp here* currently do not own any punches. I'm looking for brand reccommendations, right now I think I will mostly be looking for circles and squares, for cropping pictures and then creating mats for the pictures (so stairstep sizes also). Once upon a time I did own a Fiskers corner punch that fell apart constantly, but I don't know if that is indicative of that brand or not.

TIA!

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to AmandaM83

I love my Creative Memories corner rounder. I've had it for years and it still works great! I don't have any circles or squares, but I love the Fiskars border punches. Just started collecting those a few months ago. No problems so far except for one that embosses as well as punches. Even traded that one in for a new one and I don't like it.

Tenant
In response to CatScrapsHere

Thanks Cathy! I do have the Creative Memories corner rounder - I guess I just didn't think of counting that one!

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 06-19-09 12:14 PM
In response to AmandaM83

I like the Fiskars border punches also. So far all of my Fiskars punches have been good quality.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to AmandaM83

EK Success.. retro flower punch. I just got it and it is AWESOME!! Here's a recent LO that I did with that punch...

Cousins
By Raindancer

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to raindancer

Love EK Success and Fiskars punches. If you're looking for the different sizes in step-down pattern, you can try for the EK Success ones. However, they get expensive. When I want to make circular shapes out of photos and what-not, I use my Creative Memories cutting system. I mainly use punches for more specialized shapes, like scalloped circles or border edges. It's all in what you need and want! Have fun; there's so many out there!

Tenant
In response to siameseplease

Adrienne - those flowers are awesome!

Gina - my SIL has the CM Cutting system, I just think I'll operate/go for the punches easier

Up until a year ago, all my scrapbooking supplies had to fit into a 2 drawer rolling file cabinet - I now have one of those bookcases that are all squares, so I have bins for the squares. At this point it is all about what I see first.

It is our choice, but all we have is a small desk and a coffee table in our apartment, so I have to scrap in small spaces with fast clean up!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to AmandaM83

I use my Cuttlebug with Spellbinders dies for all my circle/oval/square (regular and scalloped) needs

scrappin-bb
Expert
scrappin-bb
In response to Here Kitty

I use mostly Stammpin' Up punches. I do know that I prefer the lever punches over the button punches. They are much easier to operate to me. Good luck on the punches......they become addictive!

pharmgirl
Guru
pharmgirl
In response to scrappin-bb

I LOVE EK Success and Martha Stewart punches. awesome!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to pharmgirl

I like the Fiskars punches because you can see exactly where you are punching.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Oh...I forgot, the Fiskars squeeze punches come in different sizes, so layering is a breeze.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 06-19-09 02:55 PM
In response to Luvmyfam

These are great punches for what you are wanting to do.

Tenant
In response to KimKV

Thanks for the ideas everyone - I went to archivers tonight, I looked at punches & the cookie cutter quikkutz - I think getting something like the quik kutz or the spellbinders will give me more versatility. I never would have thought to look if it weren't for ya'll!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to AmandaM83

I LOVE all the punches from Stampin' Up. I have a couple of Fiskars and Maratha Stewart punches as well. I also use my Big Shot for a lot of variety.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to AmandaM83

• AmandaM83 Said:
So I *insert gasp here* currently do not own any punches. I'm looking for brand reccommendations, right now I think I will mostly be looking for circles and squares, for cropping pictures and then creating mats for the pictures (so stairstep sizes also). Once upon a time I did own a Fiskers corner punch that fell apart constantly, but I don't know if that is indicative of that brand or not.

TIA!

GASPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!! !!!!!!!!!!! There is your obligatory gasp, But I feel the need to warn you,,,,,,,

DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!!! THESE THINGS ARE ADDICTIVE!!!! VERYYYYYYYYY VERYYYYYYYYY ADDICTIVE,,,

as to punches I like two kinds,,,,,I like the whale of a punch and I like the fiskers squeeze punch,,,

the whale seems to punch through heavier cs, like the DCWV fully glittered stuff better,,,,,,,,

and the squeeze punch is sooooooooo easy to use, they've basically turned the punch upside down for you so you don't have to,,,,,,easy peasy nice and cheesy,,,,,,,

I like them both, so it just depends on the design, though I seem to get more of the squeeze punches, simply because I think they go on sale more at J's,,,,,,

have fun

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to CommaHolly

I really like the Friskars and MS punches. Not problems with any of them so far!

mommy3girls
Veteran
mommy3girls
In response to Anna C

I have a variety of punches: Stampin' up, EK success, Martha Stewart, and Marvy Uchida...LOVE them all. The ladies are right...they are extremely ADDICTIVE!

I also just received my order of spellbinders, and can't wait to test them out.

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 06-20-09 05:46 AM
In response to mommy3girls

Punches are a very slippery slope into a purchase addiction - are you SURE you want to go there LOL?

I love punches and have many many many of them. I started to collect them when I first started to sb over 10 years ago - here is my take

I love the EK Success Paper shaper and border punches - These are my favorite (This includes the Stampin Up ones which are made by EK)
The Paper shaper ones are "lever" ones in that you press down on a little lever to make the shape

I really like the Fiskar border punches

I don't like the punches where you press a button - they hurt my hand and don't always make as clean a punchie

I really like to get shapes that have more than one size so I can layer - like stacking circles, flowers, squares

Punch art of shapes/animals made with punches is another SERIOUS addiction that will lead to lots of punch purchases

Can you tell I love my punches LOL Andrea

Tenant
In response to ekip2

Thanks for the warnings ladies - my plan is to force myself to wait for a sale. We live fairly close to a Crafts Direct, and they will occasionaly put all their punches on sale for 50% off. I just have to wait until then to go nuts.

mommy3girls - let me know what you think of the spellbinders

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics