Page 1 of 87 
Username Post: ~*~JULY~*~Anything Goes Challenge***POINTS LIST UP!!        (Topic#1508361)
Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

****NEW PRIZE CATEGORIES****

July is on the way! Time for sign ups!

Are you ready for an exciting month of challenges that will spark your creativity and make you to step outside your comfort zone by challenging you to try variety of techniques? You may even complete that project you always wanted to finish. If so, welcome to July Anything Goes Challenge!

As usual, we will enjoy daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge.

SIGN-UPS will be open until July 10th

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than July 15th. If you don't want to count points, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Megan A. Walker
311 S LASALLE ST APT 3H
DURHAM, NC 27705-3606

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to
megannwalker@gmail.com
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.44

Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after July 1st count towards your total points and layouts. This challenge ends on July 31st at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details.

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com or a RAK from me!

**Prize Categories**
(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1 - Most points overall - no matter what your goal was or how many layouts you complete, if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you win this category...

2 - Most points 10 or less layouts - if you set your goal for 10 or less layouts and complete 10 or less layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 10 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

3 - Random drawing of everyone who meets their goal - very simple, meet your goal and I will put all names into a hat at the end of the month and draw

4 – Most points 11-25 LOs. If you set your goal for 11-25 layouts and complete your goal of 11-25 layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 25 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

5 –Most daily challenges completed - I will post a new challenge everyday and if you do them, keep track of how many you complete, then you will be eligible for a prize at the end of the month. If there is a tie, then there will be a drawing. (To be eligible for this category, please start a blog at sb.com to list your challenges completed.) Please note that otherwise stated daily challenges are meant to be completed on a layout, not a card or altered project. There will be few day specific challenges but generally you will be able to complete those challenges at your own pace and you may combine several of them on a same layout.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your LO goal. You can only win in one category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:

*8x8 or above (8.5x11, 12x12) = 1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*2 6x6 = 1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them*

Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work in them. If you aren't sure how many to count, just ask!

**A note for people who'd like to play for prizes, but not keep track of points; as long as you link/post your layouts to the thread, you can still be eligible for categories 3 & 5 of prizes!**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH - YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~PLAYERS~*~
Money Received=

Megan (iheartaslan) 8/5 11200 pts GOAL MET!!! 24 DCs
Robin (Robinbird79) 5/5 2819 pts GOAL MET!!! 9 DCs
Melanie (2lilbugs) 8/8 5225 pts. GOAL MET!!! 17 DCs

Elizabeth (ScrappyNewMom) 1/10 1675 pts
Marne (Turtlehon) 4/10 1785 pts

Bev (B2Hearts) 12/10 lo's 4942 pts goal met
Laura (thirdgrade) 12/12 6,325 pts GOAL MET!!! 17 DCs
Marci (MommyMarci) 36/12 15,575 pts GOAL MET!!! 23 DCs

Kate (KyttiKate) 7/15 2376 points

Renee (Renee Louise) 19/18 7150 pts GOAL MET!!! 16 DCs

Crystal (Crystal B.) 6/20 3988 ptssigned off!

Sabrina (scrapinbabygal) 22/20 19,006 pts GOAL MET!!! 29 DCs
Jen(jjfer) 20/20 10,404 points GOAL MET!!! 17 DCs

Tracey Jean (traceyjean) 0/20 825 pts
Margy (Margy) 4/25 4024 pts

Angie (JayAndXansMom) 27/25 14,271 pts. GOAL MET! 26 DCs
Julie (senora_x) 53/25 17,943 pts GOAL MET!!! 18 DCs
Judy (Sweet Destiny) 52/25 23,233 pts. GOAL MET! 31 DCs
Paula (Faithscrapper) 25/25 9623 pts GOAL MET!!! 17 DCs

Jennifer (kdsmommy) 0/25
Quay (Quay) 1/40 781 pts
Karen (scrapriquez) 24/55 13,615 pts 28 DCs

MOTIVATIONAL
Anne (MommaSaid) 0/10
Melissa (MrsSpanky) 0/10
Inspired.By.Love

Edited by iheartaslan on 08-02-09 04:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Challenges
~*~Daily Challenges~*~
Each day a new challenge will be posted. These challenges can be done at your own pace unless specified in the challange. These can easily be incorporated into any card or LO. You can take +10 pts for completing the challenge on the same day it was posted.

7/1:Get the month started off right! Set up your siggy and daily challenges blog for +75 pts. If you set it up in color take +25 bonus points. Also, If you upload a card or LO today take +50 pts!
7/2: Make a LO with 5 or more pictures on one page or 10 or more pictures on a double page. +150 pts
7/3:Make a LO using this pagemap as your inspiration.

Feb. 09 Pagemap-AGC
By Iheartaslan
Worth +300 pts!
7/4:Share your 4th of July plans with us for +50 pts TODAY ONLY. Share a pic of your 4th of July by 7/5 at midnight PST for +100 pts.
7/5:My last day for challenges...so here is my favorite, Change your avatar for +85 pts.
7/6: using the list below lets do our own little scraplift the person before you +150
Megan (iheartaslan)
Robin (Robinbird79)
Melanie (2lilbugs)
Crystal (Crystal B.)
Elizabeth (ScrappyNewMom)
Marne (Turtlehon)
Bev (B2Hearts)
Kate (KyttiKate)
Laura (thirdgrade)
Marci (MommyMarci)
Angie (JayAndXansMom)
Judy (Sweet Destiny)
Renee (Renee Louise)
Sabrina (scrapinbabygoal)
Margy (Margy)
Julie (senora_x)
Jen(jjfer)
Tracey Jean (traceyjean)
Paula (Faithscrapper)
Jennifer (kdsmommy)
Quay (Quay)
Karen (scrapriquez)

MOTIVATIONAL
Anne (MommaSaid) 0/10
Melissa (MrsSpanky) 0/10
7/7:try paper piecing on a lo or card +100 pts
7/8:Squares are banned. The only square can be your bg pp. Be creative! +120 pts
7/9:use at least 3 synonyms on your lo +100 pts each additional one is +10 up to 4 more
the example they had was hike, jaunt, walk, stroll... for a card +75 pts +5 additional pts up to 4 synonyms
7/10:create two custom borders or border strips on a lo +95pts
7/11:For this challenge you will need your blog entries from June and May AGC. Go back and find your favorite. Complete that for +150 Complete a 2nd for another +150. Just be sure to include the origial day of the challenge! (pick challenges that involve lo's or cards only)
7/12:HERE IS A "RECIPE" TO INCLUDE ON YOUR LO:
at least 2 colors of paint, glitter/stickles, doodling and stickers +120
take an additional +30 for just being a FABULOUS GROUP OF LADIES!!
7/13: Your "least" favorite color!! Use your least favorite color in 60% of your LO. (+90pts) (Create a card using your "least" favorite color in 60% of it for additional 15pts)
7/14:"NON-SCRAPBOOKING" Product!! Scour your homes ladies and look around, or stop horting that thingy you have lying in your scrap space saying "I can use this" and see what you can put on those LO's! Anything non-scrapping related that you can incorporate into your LO. Must identify what your item(s) are. Be creative and just don't settle for that cardboard that has been lying around! (115pts) Use two or more DIFFERENT items add (30pts).
7/15:Scraps!!! (paper and ribbon)
Put those fresh pieces of paper away!! Scraps only! The only fresh piece of paper allowed is your base paper. We all have the scraps and they keep piling up, lets use them! You may cut them any way or any how, but only scraps. If you run out of that color or mess up that last shade of blue in the pile of scraps ........... good! Find another color instead in that pile and use that! Lets not forget those "little" pieces of ribbon! Tie them around a tag, staple them to a page for accent.... use 'em up! "small pieces only!" (120pts)
7/16:Christmas in July!! Create a LO using the traditional Christmas colors Red, Green, White. Anything goes for the theme (Christmas, random, Christmas in July, etc.) as long as it contains those colors. 75pts Bonus: Create a "Christmas" card for additional 25pts
7/17:"Ugly Paper"
Choose two of your ugliest papers and take a picture of them and post to the thread. Then create a LO using them. 105pts
7/18:Do a LO with a BW, Sepia, or colored pic. (85pts)
7/19:Free Style: Create "ANY LO" and recieve 50pts. Any "additional" LO (up to 5 more) recieve 50pts each equalling 300pts (the additional LO's are for today only)

Since I had bad wording this morning and so late in the day, I will extend the additional LO points till tomorrow 7/20 by midnight EST.
7/20:Organize something in your scrappy room/space. Show us before and after pictures. +100 pts.

Now, use something that you just organized on a LO or card for another +50pts. If you organized your ribbon, use that on a card or LO. If you organized your whole room, well pick something and get to scrapping!! Have fun!
7/21:Use some memorabilia on a LO for +100 pts. When I say memorabilia, I'm talking about ticket stubs, drawings from your kids, certificates, maps, etc. Have fun!
7/22:Do some masking on a LO for +120 pts.
7/23:Use one of the following sketches to make a LO for +85 pts. Use both of the sketches to make LOs and take another +65 pts.

Pagemap Sketch
By JayAndXansMom

Pagemap Sketch
By JayAndXansMom
7/24:Today I want you to list 5 of your favorite scrappy supplies and if possible link us to the product in the super store. Now use those 5 products on a LO or card for +100 pts. You CAN use other scrappy supplies, tools, etc. on your project as well..just make sure you include your 5 favorites. FYI, if you pick Bazzill cardstock for one of your favorites, you don't have to pick the exact color you are gonna use on a LO, you can just pick any color and that will be fine. I'm going to list my products below to give an example.
7/25:Use a poem, quote or song lyrics on your LO. It can be the title, just on the page somewhere or part of your journaling. Let us know what you use and where it's located on your LO! +125
7/26:Since today is SUNday..let's do a LO or card with a sun on it. The sun can be an embellie, on your pp, something you draw, etc. You can also choose to use the word SUN in your title/greeting of your LO or card. +75 pts.

Take 75 pts. just because I love this challenge and you ladies! Have a great day!!
7/27:Buttons, buttons, buttons – Create a LO using at least 10 buttons (chipboard, plastic, make your own, whatever) 150 pts
7/28:Create a LO with: 5 circles (circles of pp, buttons, brads, etc.), 4 flowers, 3 brads, 2 words in the title, and 1 kind of ribbon. You can use anything else in addition to these things, but no more than what is listed above (ie you can't use 3 kinds of ribbon) – 150pts
7/29: Create a LO using colors that are opposite from each other on the color wheel as your main colors (blue/orange, red/green, purple/yellow) – 150pts

color wheel
By Thirdgrade
7/30: Double points for comments TODAY ONLY!
7/31: Reach that goal! – take and extra 50 points for every LO you complete and upload today, if you have already met your goal take 150 points for not being a procrastinator like me!Yes, if you have already met your goal and complete more today you can take 50pts for each one you complete today and I will say 25 bonus points for cards!

7/27-7/31
Picture Challenges
Something that smells sweet – 50pts
Something that feels soft – 50pts
Something that sounds loud – 50pts
Something that tastes sour – 50pts
Something that looks bright – 50pts

Weekly Challenge 300pts
Do a LO about your favorite memory from the summer so far. You must include at least 50 words of journaling, and one picture.

Monthly Challenge:7/1-7/31 Create your own kit! I want you to make your own kit with these supplies (nothing more!):

2 pieces of plain cardstock
5 pieces of patterned paper
1 set of stickers (flat, 3D, chipboard, whatever)
1 set of alphas (stickers, thickers, chipboard, etc...just 1 set though)
2 12" pieces of ribbon or paper trim
10 buttons OR Brads (or any combination, up to 10 total)
5 flowers (any material: die cut, fabric, felt, primas, etc.)
1 ink pad
1 color of stickles/glitter/gems
1 pen for journaling

Show us a picture of the kit you create.

Create a layout using your kit and NOTHING else that isn't in the kit (except for adhesive and photos). 300 points.

BONUS: Use those scraps! Get an extra 100 points per additional 12x12 layout you create using ONLY items from your kit, or 20 points per card. (maximum of 500 extra points).

Remember, you can't add anything else...you can only use this list/the contents of your original kit to get the points or bonus points.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

HERE IS A BONUS POINTS OPPORTUNIY:
If you get your money in to me by the 5th of July take +300 pts,
if you get the money in to me by the 10th of July take +200 pts,
and if you get the money in to me by the 15th of July (the due date) take +100 pts!

~*~POINTS LIST~*~
LO, CARD, AND ALTERED PROJECT ITEM POINTS

1 POINT ITEMS
- PER photo corner, eyelet, button, staple, brad, paper clip, grommet, jewel, metal clips, etc.
- PER sticker used (flat or 3D)
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER hand stitch
- PER die-cut item (shape, letter, number, etc.)

5 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A LO OR CARD
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 15 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER scripture, recipe, quote or poem (includes song lyrics)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 5 pts for each identical one)
- PER stamped image (not including letters or numbers)
- PER layout 6x6 or smaller (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER type/kind of ribbon or fiber used
- PER 3D flower
- PER type of bling
- PER color of stickles or paint used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER rub on shape or word(border, frame, flower,“love” etc. NOT individual letters or numbers)
- PER challenge on sb.com that your LO was created for (must tell what challenge(s) it was created for)

5 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A LO OR CARD
(only take 5 points once for each item you use, no matter how many times you use it)
- for using chipboard shapes or letters/numbers
- for using die cut shapes
- for using a border punch
- for using flourishes/swirls
- for using ghost shapes, ghost letters, or transparencies
- for using stars on your LO
- for using stripes on your LO
- for using felt, foam, fabric, or metal items
- for distressing (inking, tearing, etc...any type)
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for using paint, chalk, or embossing on your layout or card
- for doodling
- for using non-scrapbook items on your page (includes memorabilia other than pics)
- for using the following themes: Christmas in July! (or just Christmas;) ); July 4th/ America /Family Gatherings; YOU
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread

10 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (8.5x11, 12x12) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER layout with no pictures
- PER layout about yourself
- PER mini-album created (may still take points per page)
- PER altered item created
- for machine sewing
- for putting embellies or journaling on the photograph
- for scraplifting a member of sb.com (link the original page too, always possible even if it is just the link-that starts with cannot take points without link)

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS

5 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture over 5 years old OR less than two months old
- PER black & white, sepia toned, or colored picture (ex. a pic made blue or purple)

10 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 or 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- for single page LO w/ 3+ pics OR double page LO w/ 7+ pics

JOURNALING POINTS

-1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 300 points
-25 points for every 50 words over 300 (E.g. Total of 500 words would equal 400 points)
-10 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS

1 POINT:
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to gallery and linked to this thread

5 POINTS:
- PER any BLOG entry (MUST have a link to this forum)
- For cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout
- For updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points
- For using your stash until your next scrapbook purchase on LOs smaller than 8x8 or cards

10 POINTS
- For using your stash on each LO 8x8 or larger until your next supply shopping trip.

(No matter when you plan to use the new supplies, your first supply/tool purchase will prevent you from taking the stash points for the rest of the month. Gifts that YOU receive, that you did NOT purchase, do not affect your ability to take stash points.)Yes, adhesive is now an exception concerning stash points. You can buy it and keep taking stash points. But TRADITIONAL ADHESIVE only.

Edited by iheartaslan on 07-06-09 08:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Challenge Volunteers! These are the new rules for people who want to volunteer to do a week of challenges.
1.The weekly challenge cannot be worth more than 350 pts.
2.The daily challenges can only be worth 150 pts with one exception per week up to 300 pts. So 6 days of 150 points or less and one challenge up to 300 points.
3.The daily challenges should generally be something that can be incorporated into ANY LO. Not a challenge that you must make a LO for that you wouldn't have made otherwise. But it CAN require you to make a whole LO for one challenge per week.
4.Picture challenges can only be worth up to 250 pts total added up for all pictures. There should not be more than 6 pictures for the weekly photo challenge.

****Weeks will run from Monday to Sunday!****
July
1-5 iheartaslan
6-12 scrapinbabygal
13-19 scrapriquez
20-26 JayAndXansMom
27-31 thirdgrade

Thanks Ladies for volunteering to come up with our challenges!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to Megan Ann

I'm in again! I think we should get rid of prize #5! Its not that motivating because really only the "highest bidder" can compete for that. Just my 2 cents. But either way I'm in again for a fun filled month!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to senora_x

• senora_x Said:
I'm in again! I think we should get rid of prize #5! Its not that motivating because really only the "highest bidder" can compete for that. Just my 2 cents. But either way I'm in again for a fun filled month!

welcome! I am open to suggestions for points list too!

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to Megan Ann

HI!!

I would love to do a week of challenges again!!

I'll think of some pts suggestions!

Put me down for 17 cause I feel like being silly!

Sweet Destiny
Guru
Sweet Destiny
In response to Megan Ann

I'm not sure I understand all of this but I'll give it a go. Put me down for the 11-25 LO's group. I want to play for points so will go send money by paypal, $8.55.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to scrapinbabygal

I'm in again!

I would love to do a week of challenges as well. Can I have the 20-26 please?

Thanks!

My LO goal is gonna be 15. My in-laws will be here for a week in July, so I know I won't get any scrapping done that week.

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to JayAndXansMom

This mth I know we got pts for circles but how about pts for stars in july.

I know we get 10pts for any scraplift on sb.com, but what a lift from somewhere else? If we could provide a link maybe we could 5pts?

Maybe some themes could be summer fun or family gatherings

I really like how you added pts per challenge. For me it was motivating to finish all my challenges

Question: Are die cuts coming back on the 5pt list?

thanks for letting me put my 2 cents in

Robinbird79
Diva
Robinbird79

I'm in again. 5 lo will be my goal since my mojo still hasn't really come back.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Robinbird79

I'm in!!
25 LOs.
Great idea about the stars for July! How about points for using a pagemap?

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Faithscrapper

You know, I see this posted every month and feel overwhelmed just looking at all the possibilities!

With that said, July is supposed to be a fresh start for me. I'd like to play; but not for points -- seeing as I'd be playing to learn something new... or, rather, playing to conquer a fear of the unknown.

Please add me to the list with a goal of 10 LO's for the month.

TIA!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Sweet Destiny

• Sweet Destiny Said:
I'm not sure I understand all of this but I'll give it a go. Put me down for the 11-25 LO's group. I want to play for points so will go send money by paypal, $8.55.

Ok, you can be in the 11-25 category, but you need to pick a number for your goal. Also, what is your name?

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
You know, I see this posted every month and feel overwhelmed just looking at all the possibilities!

With that said, July is supposed to be a fresh start for me. I'd like to play; but not for points -- seeing as I'd be playing to learn something new... or, rather, playing to conquer a fear of the unknown.

TIA!

Do you want to send in money and play, just not play for points? Or would you like to be in the motivational category where you do not send in money and are not eligible for prizes? Also, What is your name? And the gals here are really nice and helpful, so jump right in! We're happy to have you!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to MommaSaid

Welcome to the newbies! I forgot to mention that my layout goal will be 20 again! I've really hit a groove this month that I hope I can keep up! It will be a busy month! DH and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary and have a little trip planned!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to senora_x

Oh! Julie enjoy your trip! I will add your goal!

I received payment from Judy, but there was no screen name. Please let me know so I can give credit to the right person.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 06-26-09 06:35 PM

• scrapinbabygal Said:
This mth I know we got pts for circles but how about pts for stars in july.

I know we get 10pts for any scraplift on sb.com, but what a lift from somewhere else? If we could provide a link maybe we could 5pts?

Maybe some themes could be summer fun or family gatherings

I really like how you added pts per challenge. For me it was motivating to finish all my challenges

Question: Are die cuts coming back on the 5pt list?

thanks for letting me put my 2 cents in

I'm in again...and yes please have die cuts come back as 5 pts each!!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Megan Ann

• iheartaslan Said:
  • MommaSaid Said:

TIA!

Do you want to send in money and play, just not play for points? Or would you like to be in the motivational category where you do not send in money and are not eligible for prizes? Also, What is your name? And the gals here are really nice and helpful, so jump right in! We're happy to have you!

This month, I'd like to be placed in the motivational category, please. Prizes are fun; but this time simply learning something new is better.

So, if I understand correctly, this means that I'll still come back every day and week to get the daily and weekly challenge (and meet it), yes? It's just that I'm playing for me and won't be considered for votes or drawings or what have you?

Page 1 of 87 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics