Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: BOY LAY OUTS!!!!!! REVISED LO!        (Topic#1508577)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

sigh,,,,,seriously, why are boy LO's so difficult???????????? And why is it that I seem like I am always doing the same thing,,,,,,

bright colors
stars
buttons

over and over and over again???????? I've tried looking in the gallery under BOY for inspiration, sigh but that's not helping much,,,,,,

there's LOTS for baby boys,,,,,,,,but he's EIGHT,,,,,,

I dunno,,,,,is it just me? It feels like just me,,,,,,,,,,like everybody else in the world has this secret that I am missing when it comes to boy LO's,,,,,

arghhhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,jus t a rant,,,,sorry.

Edited by CommaHolly on 07-02-09 11:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to CommaHolly

no holly *sigh* it's not just you... i ALWAYS have trouble with them *sigh*

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 06-29-09 12:30 PM
In response to Jordannichole

I'm in that boat also.........I always resort to color and pp to help me out but only have so many ideas. I wish someone would come up with something as versatile as flowers are for girls for the boys in our life.....I have a teen and his layouts keep getting harder all the time. I'm always trying to figure out new ways to use color, pp, paper tearing, and inking to give his layouts a "fresh" look

ShannaVineyard
Expert
ShannaVineyard
In response to Jordannichole

I struggle with them too cause I did nothing but girl layouts for the last 10yrs then had a baby boy! LOL I have a few that you MIGHT get inspired by in my gallery using some Bo Bunny lines that are way cute! Good luck!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 06-29-09 12:40 PM
In response to ShannaVineyard

IT's hard to do boy layouts because it's hard to find boy stuff.

Girl page - Flower
Boy Page - Bug?

Girl Page - Sparkles
Boy Page - ??

Girl Page - Hearts, florals patterns, butterflies...
Boy page - Stars, Rocks, striped paper??

I need atv's, trucks and video game stuff. Hard to find!!

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to KimKV

You are definitely not alone...

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to KimKV

i have linked some things that you could use... i know there's alot!
Products Referenced in This Post:

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 06-29-09 12:45 PM
In response to StaceyE

I don't scrap boys all that much, but when I do I just make them however I want them to look. If I want to use flowers I use flowers. I don't really have a problem with colors because I tend to want to use blue, brown and green for everything anyway so I am good with colors.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

two more boy ideas
- gears
- arrows

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to CASBa

It is hard; but I've found a few tricks -- enough that I'm almost clueless when it comes to scrapping a girl!

Most stores have cammo ribbon -- narrow and flat. There is also cammo paper.

I'm actually taking inspiration from one of your LO's, in which you hid a frog for your DD. I'm going to start creating different versions of trains to sneak into DS's LO's. On the next one, I'm going to use some gender-neurtral ribbon and 2-4 circles (brads, paint dabber circles, whatever I can come up with)

I saw that one of the companies has set of stitching templates that are boy-themed. I'll look them up for you and add it below.

Skull and crossbones is pretty fun -- glad I have a lot right now!

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to Gelidy Gelato

arrows is a good idea... i think i will be adding this thread to my faves.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek

I only have boys - dogs, kids, cats even the fish is a boy. Check out my gallery for not-typical boyish stuff.

Leaves
trees
legos/squares
paint splatter

Edited by carbphrek on 06-29-09 12:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
two more boy ideas
- gears
- arrows

omg, funny you should mention GEARS, because in absolute DESPERATION, I ripped apart the broken toy that my dgs was "fixing" in the photos I was scrapping and litterally GLUE DOTTED the gears FROM the toy ON the pp!!!!!!

I kid you NOT,,,,,

sioux70
Expert
sioux70

I just did a 2 pg of my sons race car, I used grundgeboard and clear ribbon that had skulls on it. Plus Maya road makes some really cute cb gears. boy stuff is hard for me because he is 24, and has to critique every page...do them like you want untill he gets too old to tell you how he wants them

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to MommaSaid

Had a few more thoughts...

What sports does he like?

What is his nickname? (Obviously not to be shared publicly)

there are frogs, rocket ships, pizzas, cars, trains, fish.... there's a ton of options out there.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I have never had to clean GREASE off of a scrapbook embellishment before,,,,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
Had a few more thoughts...

What sports does he like?

What is his nickname? (Obviously not to be shared publicly)

there are frogs, rocket ships, pizzas, cars, trains, fish.... there's a ton of options out there.

lol, no sports (for some reason UNKNOWN to me, coaches get scared when you tell them he's deaf)

no nickname,,,,,,

maybe part of it is that he's an in between age,,,,too old for cars and trains,,,,not old enough for the teenage stuff I find out there,,,,,,

oy,,,,,eight,,,,,,what an age,,,,,

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to carbphrek

here are some more. i know there are lots here too!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Jojo Noons
Mayor
Jojo Noons

Think....blue, green, brown, orange, black. Sports, mud, dirt...fishing, bikes...oh and food!!! even food...yes, growing boys..ya know! LOL!!!!! Tree forts, bugs, frogs, trucks, construction, tools...science, outer space....

I like to use flannel plaids, strips, arrows, stars, circles, street signs....trees, ponds, dogs just to name a few...

but when you get a pic like this.... what's a Mom to do??? LOL!!!

My Grown Up Boys!!!
By Jojo Noons

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 06-29-09 01:07 PM

that's my problem Holly......teenage boys are hard. Mine isn't into guitars and yes he likes sports but basketballs and footballs don't really fit on a page of him acting goofy with his sister. kwim?? if I have a page of my dd and her friends acting silly, I can add a flower or two to fill in the blank spots.....with a boy??? Buttons have their place and so do arrows, they just aren't versatile like flowers are for girls.

I do have SCAL and recently found a dingbat file of different stars and geometric shapes. I think one evening I'm going to play with that and scraps of paper and see if I can make myself a "container" of generic, use anywhere on any theme layout stuff. I love having flowers so handy and just having to match a color.......looking for the magic embellishment for a boys page.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics