Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What Happened To The 6x6 Albums?        (Topic#1508687)
TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

Wow....is it me or are the 6x6 albums hard to find?? I can remember them being widely available a few yrs back but now it seems as tho they vanished!! K&Company used to make loads of 6x6 albums but not even them seem to retail em anymore.... Such a shame!! I loved the small albums for lil projects and to give em away as a gift.

Judes
Judes 
Expert
Judes
  • Judes on 06-30-09 12:12 PM
In response to TheCharmedOne

You're right. I had a hard time finding some in 2007 for my 6x6 friendship pages. Now all I can find are 7x7s, 8x8s, etc. You can still find a couple of stray 6x6s if you look hard enough.

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 06-30-09 12:14 PM

I seem to see more 8x 8 lately. I did find the below here at the superstore.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to ekip2

I think with the bind it all.. most people have started making their own albums if they make things smaller than 8x8. I loved my 6x6 as well. It was the perfect size to cut a piece of paper in quarters and get 4 pages out of it.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to riorabbit

They're not exact square 6x6, but Cosmo cricket has some small chipboard albums which are close to that size.

Cosmo Cricket - Blackboard Album - Ruby

Cosmo Cricket - Blackboard Album - Scarlet

Edited by Tina scraps on 06-30-09 12:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Tina scraps

If it helps at all (& or if you have one in your area)...be sure to check with Big Lots.

From time to time, you will be able to come across em!

p.s. Note: Why not try and just make your own? Use or Cricut-create a 6x6 pattern, some chipboard, cardboard, matte board or acrylic and then dig into your paper stash to make up the pages. You could either use a ring in the upper corner or 2 or 4 rings along the edge. Ribbons. Eyelets. Brads. Etc!

HTH!

TriciaH
Guru
TriciaH

Hi,

I will say, the 6x6 album is the worst selling size for us. Everytime we need more room in the warehouse I consider discontinuing them. So if you love them, stay loyal to your brand and snatch them up. If there aren't sales for it, manufacturers won't make them anymore. Such a bummer, i love this size!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to TriciaH

I love this size, too. Riorabbit, good observation on the Bind it All. Thanks for the info, Tricia.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
If it helps at all (& or if you have one in your area)...be sure to check with Big Lots.

p.s. Note: Why not try and just make your own? Use or Cricut-create a 6x6 pattern, some chipboard, cardboard, matte board or acrylic and then dig into your paper stash to make up the pages. You could either use a ring in the upper corner or 2 or 4 rings along the edge. Ribbons. Eyelets. Brads. Etc!

HTH!

Yes that would be a great idea. Tho..I'm in Holland and most of the awesome shops that are in USA and Australia arent here. Nor are the products for that matter... Altho it is huge here to scrapbook and loads of items do appear here but usually later than America (Which is understandable). We have a Cricut machine but nothing fancy. I've tried to cut chipboard with it, bought the deep cut blade n housing, used a new cutting mat but it "runs" off on us!!
I like them chipboard books that ya can just buy, glue yer papers to and decorate..but..there's something about the standard 6x6 albums with the page protectors! Like someone else said, you can just cut a 12x12 page in 4 pieces and ya have 2 sets of pages ready made. But yeah, I can see where retailers eventually wont sell em anymore and if people dont ask for it.... then the ending is soon near. I've got a couple of cheapy ones but quality wise they aint the same...pages are usually slightly bigger and also if ya want to refill it, the pages usually dont fit.
Hopefully when I go on holiday I'll be able to find a couple of albums....

kdkaboom55
Idol
kdkaboom55

I make my own 6X6 albums using chipboard and paper bags. I used to be kinda nervous because they didn't have page protectors, but I got over that. Now I make them for gifts all the time. I can put one together in a few hours, and it's customized and totally unique, you couldn't buy anything like it in the store!

Baby Alex PBA
By Kdkaboom55

Edited by kdkaboom55 on 07-01-09 05:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 07-01-09 10:42 AM

• TheCharmedOne Said:
  • KellyCali Said:

HTH!

Yes that would be a great idea. Tho..I'm in Holland and most of the awesome shops that are in USA and Australia arent here. Nor are the products for that matter... Altho it is huge here to scrapbook and loads of items do appear here but usually later than America (Which is understandable). We have a Cricut machine but nothing fancy. I've tried to cut chipboard with it, bought the deep cut blade n housing, used a new cutting mat but it "runs" off on us!!
I like them chipboard books that ya can just buy, glue yer papers to and decorate..but..there's something about the standard 6x6 albums with the page protectors! Like someone else said, you can just cut a 12x12 page in 4 pieces and ya have 2 sets of pages ready made. But yeah, I can see where retailers eventually wont sell em anymore and if people dont ask for it.... then the ending is soon near. I've got a couple of cheapy ones but quality wise they aint the same...pages are usually slightly bigger and also if ya want to refill it, the pages usually dont fit.
Hopefully when I go on holiday I'll be able to find a couple of albums....

try using the easy release painter's tape to hold your chipboard on the mat. The kind you tape baseboard/trim with when your painting a room. It doesn't "stick" to the chipboard but has enough stay power to hold the chipboard while it is cutting. You can also use it with cardstock etc when your mat is losing it's stickiness to make it last longer.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to j3Mel

Thats a grfeat tip! I know the masking tape....
It's really frustrating when yer chipboard starts wandering off..it even been as bad as half letters cut....

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_

i found some plain ones at m's, but pretty basic and can easiy be jazzed up.

boysmom
Idol
boysmom
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

I've used the SEI preservation albums in other sizes and I love them because they're not too thick and you can decorate the cover. They make them in 6x6 s well.

scrappinraiderfan
Diva
scrappinraiderfan
In response to boysmom

I have tons of them just sitting on a shelf, I never use them lol

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to scrappinraiderfan

ACK!!! lolol... I loved the K&Company one cause they looked awesome and they handy... I've done some small chipboard ones, just ordered a new one, black chipboard in diff. shapes in one book. Bought the Making Memories Sabrina papers and figured they'd look awesome with the black chipboard.

Scrappingraiderfan, I'm interested to see which albums you have and maybe you wanna "donate" them to a new home? lol...

Chichi Labamba
Tenant
Chichi Labamba

A 6x6 I miss terribly is the Heidi Swapp 6x6 that had a chipboard cover and plastic sheet pages. It was coil bound. I have never found a suitable replacement. I just make my own now (with chipboard or cardstock papges) using a Bind-it-All or rings.

Robinbird79
Diva
Robinbird79
In response to Chichi Labamba

I love the American craft customizable 6x6 albums. They are PERFECT for all the recipe cards I get from swaps here on sb.com. I love being able to decorate them myself, too. I would love to get my hands on several just to have in case they're disappearing from stores. I have so many recipes I need to put in them!

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to Robinbird79

They are also nice as gifts, quick and easy.

peppersrose
New Kid On the Block
peppersrose
In response to ILOVEPAPILLONS

I see I'm not the only one scouring the internet to find 6x6 albums. I used up my stash of them last year on Christmas gifts. They were so popular I wanted to do it again. One sheet of 12x12 divides between 2-4 books. Quick and easy for those who have zero appreciation for the art of scrapbooking. I have no intention of making 15 album gifts from scratch! Guess I know why I got them so inexpensive.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics